Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Coming from M3 smg to 350z !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 10:14 AM
deviantZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I can't say I'm much for those rims either. congrats on the ride.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:38 AM
M3to350z

Unlike Tommy, I fully paid off my m3, 760Li, and now 350z.

Unlike Tommy, I do not need to have a supercharged this or that to feel superior because of my own insecurities (most likely, either a small ***** or you are horribly fat)?

You obviously have no friends or any social skills so you need a fancy car so you can go to meets and have a reason for someone to talk to you other than to point out how pompous and conceited you are. Get a life and stop ruining my thread!

I dont like the m3. I dont like what it represents and I don't like you.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:44 AM
LSRoadster

I wish I had know you were looking, I would have traded my Ls for your M3 in a second.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:49 AM
LSRoadster

Originally Posted by Tommy Vercetti

I miss this place, used to come around alot hehe way back when.
With 13 posts I am sure that you do miss it.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:54 AM
ZRaven

Originally Posted by M3to350z
The m3 needs to be shifted by hand because the auto mode doesn't think fast enough. I don't know how to explain it but it doesn't predict a down shift when you stomp it, giving you the horsepower you need in emergency situations.
I rarely, if ever, drive in automode and I know in automode I'm not going to "stomp it". When I do drive in automode, I don't expect it to have lightning shifts because, well, it's in automode.

Heaven forbid you let your girlfriend drive it without a 20 minute lesson, they'll drop the tranny! (It almost happened)!

You guys will thank me later. Skip the bmw and go right to the benz/ferarri/lambo.
I've let my gf drive the car and I've even had to have non-bmw service techs drive the car. After a 5 minute lesson they're off driving like any other "auto". To drop the transmission on an SMG, you have to be doing it on purpose or doing something really stupid.

So why did you not go Benz/Ferarri/Lambo?
Old 08-05-2006, 11:17 AM
M3to350z

Originally Posted by ZRaven
I rarely, if ever, drive in automode and I know in automode I'm not going to "stomp it". When I do drive in automode, I don't expect it to have lightning shifts because, well, it's in automode.
Why didn't you just get a stick then?

And in regard to your benz/ferrari/lambo comment.... I haven't finished shopping yet. Just because you CAN buy something, doesn't mean you should.

A recession is coming in regards to the real estate inflation over the past 5 years.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:22 AM
djben

Unlike Tommy, I fully paid off my m3, 760Li, and now 350z.

Unlike Tommy, I do not need to have a supercharged this or that to feel superior because of my own insecurities (most likely, either a small ***** or you are horribly fat)?

You obviously have no friends or any social skills so you need a fancy car so you can go to meets and have a reason for someone to talk to you other than to point out how pompous and conceited you are. Get a life and stop ruining my thread!

I dont like the m3. I dont like what it represents and I don't like you.
Put your flame suit on

I was really biting my tongue HARD on this one, but after this post I've gotta call you out.

1) If you could not learn to drive SMG properly and you are bashing it, you are basically proving you have no idea what you are doing. SMG is a VERY capable transmission in the hands of even a novice driver and it doesn't take long to learn how to drive it smoothly. You buy SMG with the intentions of it being a great manual transmission that just lacks a clutch pedal (not a clutch, computer controls it!) -- NOT AN AUTOMATIC.

2) You never took the M3 higher in the rev range? It revs to 8000RPM for a reason. You REALLY have no idea what you are doing. Please sell your car and buy a bicycle.

Myself, along with anyone else with half a brain here, probably doesn't believe you really owned a BMW M3. Perhaps it was daddys car, or you just want to try and get your epeen stroked for trash talking a BMW, but in the process you've basically proven to the rest of us you're FULL OF IT and should not be allowed to post such worthless comments on the internet.

The comment about owning a 760 too? Why did you keep going back to BMW if they were so bad especially with their service??? Fact of the matter is YOU NEVER OWNED ANY OF THESE CARS.

You are just a stupid eballer punk. Yeah, I'm totally flaming you, something I usually try to avoid but you just went over the edge with that post and I had to put you in your place.

You also just ragged on every 350z owner here who goes with a FI setup (Hi Taurran!). Nice move. Actually you really tried to insult ANYONE who supercharges/turbocharges their car

Your only option now is to delete your account, make a new one, and start over. You totally dug yourself a hole you're never going to get out of "350ztoM3".

Good luck with your retort

Last edited by djben; 08-05-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Tommy Vercetti

Yeah good point "I hate this stupid M3 sooo much I am going to buy a $110K one instead " Ok I guess that makes sense. You are the only person in the world to go shop for a Honda and end up writing a check for well over $100K on a car that is not really , maybe close, but not in the same league as a 760. I mean at least you could have said 750 but noooo you had to go right to the top. I love it, you really are this dumb, you hear about people getting owned but rarely this bad. Jeez I own a pd in full 760 Next week we will be seeing on Ferrari-Chat 350ZtoEnzo.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:45 AM
M3to350z

Originally Posted by djben
Put your flame suit on

I was really biting my tongue HARD on this one, but after this post I've gotta call you out.

1) If you could not learn to drive SMG properly and you are bashing it, you are basically proving you have no idea what you are doing. SMG is a VERY capable transmission in the hands of even a novice driver and it doesn't take long to learn how to drive it smoothly. You buy SMG with the intentions of it being a great manual transmission that just lacks a clutch pedal (not a clutch, computer controls it!) -- NOT AN AUTOMATIC.

2) You never took the M3 higher in the rev range? It revs to 8000RPM for a reason. You REALLY have no idea what you are doing. Please sell your car and buy a bicycle.

Myself, along with anyone else with half a brain here, probably doesn't believe you really owned a BMW M3. Perhaps it was daddys car, or you just want to try and get your epeen stroked for trash talking a BMW, but in the process you've basically proven to the rest of us you're FULL OF IT and should not be allowed to post such worthless comments on the internet.

The comment about owning a 760 too? Why did you keep going back to BMW if they were so bad especially with their service??? Fact of the matter is YOU NEVER OWNED ANY OF THESE CARS.

You are just a stupid eballer punk. Yeah, I'm totally flaming you, something I usually try to avoid but you just went over the edge with that post and I had to put you in your place.

You also just ragged on every 350z owner here who goes with a FI setup (Hi Taurran!). Nice move. Actually you really tried to insult ANYONE who supercharges/turbocharges their car

Your only option now is to delete your account, make a new one, and start over. You totally dug yourself a hole you're never going to get out of "350ztoM3".

Good luck with your retort

I hope I did not insult all bmw owners or super charger owners. Most have respect. Tommy does not.

You have a tad of respect by only insulting my driving skills. I'm sure if I get to know you, You'd fully desrespect me.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:56 AM
ZRaven

Why didn't you just get a stick then?
I bought my car, sometime in end of june/july. I didn't have the luxury of ordering the options in the color combination I wanted, I got what was on the lot. My fiance would also drive the car here and there and she doesn't drive stick. And you can no longer order an M3 coupe as production has ceased.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:00 PM
M3to350z

Originally Posted by Tommy Vercetti
Yeah good point "I hate this stupid M3 sooo much I am going to buy a $110K one instead " Ok I guess that makes sense. You are the only person in the world to go shop for a Honda and end up writing a check for well over $100K on a car that is not really , maybe close, but not in the same league as a 760. I mean at least you could have said 750 but noooo you had to go right to the top. I love it, you really are this dumb, you hear about people getting owned but rarely this bad. Jeez I own a pd in full 760 Next week we will be seeing on Ferrari-Chat 350ZtoEnzo.
You can pick up a 760 used right now for under 80k.

I bought the 7 after the m3.

They 7 is a decent car performance wise. The IDrive is useless and takes 3 times longer than it should to input a destination into the Navigation and is very slow between screens. Id compare it to a 386 processor. The 350z navi is extremely competent yet for a truely fast setup, it needs a touch screen like my former GS400 (Still one of my top favorites). For anyone that doesn't have navi, go get a Tom Tom. By far, the fastest and best system out there for under $500 or any price, and you can install it in any car with a cigarette lighter.

Above all, I gauge value on usefullness and not what it goes for on ebay.

If its a box full of shhit wrapped in carbon fiber and 12 layers of paint, its still a box full of shhit.

and don't call me dumb.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Tommy Vercetti

I hope I did not insult all bmw owners or super charger owners. Most have respect. Tommy does not.

You have a tad of respect by only insulting my driving skills. I'm sure if I get to know you, You'd fully desrespect me.
Bad Tommy bad !! Hey Sponge Bob is on, I am outta here.

BTW I may be fat but I never I repeat never goto "meets" Not real sure what that is, are you refering to car shows or something ?? if so no I am not down w/that, nothing wrong w/it but just not me.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:03 PM
mikealexander

welcome homie
Old 08-05-2006, 12:07 PM
M3to350z

Originally Posted by ZRaven
I bought my car, sometime in end of june/july. I didn't have the luxury of ordering the options in the color combination I wanted, I got what was on the lot. My fiance would also drive the car here and there and she doesn't drive stick. And you can no longer order an M3 coupe as production has ceased.

You do admit the smg is quite useless in auto though. Am I correct?

It's seems as if they spent all the money on making sure it worked, then did nothing to make sure the auto mode shifted correctly in every day driving conditions.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:49 PM
ZRaven

It's not entirely useless. It's good for when your in traffic or other times you just don't feel like shifting. Admittingly, I believe bmw designed the auto mode as a supplemental to the manual mode.

I believe they spent most of the budget on the manual mode. Can you admit that in manual mode, the shifts are very quick? Or at least quicker than any other transmission within its price range.

My Z was a manual and stock for stock, the M is faster. The Z has a raw feel to it, you know you're going 60mph as the engine and road noise audibly (sp) communicate this into the cabin. Where as the M, is quieter in the cabin. Depending on what you expect in a performance vehicle, either could be advantage or disadvantage.

Each car has it's fine points and low points, I just don't agree with arguments against you made against the M.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:52 PM
taurran

You M3 owners are hillarious. To be so obnoxiously full of yourself that you can't even accept the fact that someone likes the SMG system just goes to show your insecurity. I mean really, you act as if it is a simple IMPOSSIBILITY for someone to not like the car. To flat out call someone a liar for even suggesting the fact that they dislike the car is totally rediculous. People have a right to form their own opinion. Learn to accept it and get over yourself.

Fact is, the 350z is on the same level as the M3 in every arena and it costs $20,000 less. Now, I know why you bought it. You bought it for the same reason I bought a 350z over an Evo, Sti, SRT-4 or Mustang.

Tommy V-

You were just talking about egging on what you "thought" was a turbo 350z that "backed down", but then when you're called out, you use the old "I don't like to endanger people" cop-out. So Lame

How can you be calling this guy a liar or a poser when you seem to be one your self. **** or get off the pot. If your car is so much better, then lets see it run.

Last edited by taurran; 08-05-2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Azn_Empurio

ah come on guys, just welcome the new owner
the SMG is probably not as good as 6spd in my opinion anyways so i believe he has a valid reason for disliking it
not everyone will like the smg and not everyone dislikes the smg
Old 08-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Hypnoz

SMG sucks compared to DSG. Big time.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:50 PM
djben

Originally Posted by Hypnoz
SMG sucks compared to DSG. Big time.
Yeah, especially with all those high horsepower DSG cars that are around.

Wait.... where are they?

I look forward to seeing how other manufacturers implement a dual clutch transmission, but so far from what I've read about it, DSG can't handle enough horsepower yet. We'll see how things work out, but for now SMGII/SMGIII are far from sucking

Last edited by djben; 08-05-2006 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:02 PM
djben

Originally Posted by taurran
You M3 owners are hillarious. To be so obnoxiously full of yourself that you can't even accept the fact that someone likes the SMG system just goes to show your insecurity. I mean really, you act as if it is a simple IMPOSSIBILITY for someone to not like the car. To flat out call someone a liar for even suggesting the fact that they dislike the car is totally rediculous. People have a right to form their own opinion. Learn to accept it and get over yourself.
I've ragged on more M3 owners about their 'opinions' about SMG than I have any non-M3 owner.

I'm sorry you find that "hilarious", but this has nothing to do with insecurity or "getting over myself", and everything to do with trying to stop the spread of BAD information.

Again I am sorry, but nobody was called a liar because they just disliked a car -- they were called a liar after they stated they had a fully paid off 760, fully paid off M3, and now a 350z, after having repeatedly bashed the M3, BMW, and all BMW dealerships.

You yourself stated the 350z is on the same level as the M3, and this guy said the M3 has horrible handling, so I guess in a sense the 350z has horrible handling too? Yeah, I thought that didnt make sense either. On a side note, please pay careful attention to the fact that nowhere here have I said anything bad about the 350z, or much of anything at all about the car -- I've never driven one and don't know enough about them.

Last edited by djben; 08-05-2006 at 02:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Coming from M3 smg to 350z !!!!