Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z basic or Enthusiast?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Miko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really sure, but the '06 base isn't too bad. Has alot of standard features now than did the '05s. I think it has HIDs, cruise control, etc...but maybe not TCS. I'm not quite sure though. Like everyone's said..go to the dealer or nissan's site, and check it out.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Miko
Not really sure, but the '06 base isn't too bad. Has alot of standard features now than did the '05s. I think it has HIDs, cruise control, etc...but maybe not TCS. I'm not quite sure though. Like everyone's said..go to the dealer or nissan's site, and check it out.
No cruise control on the base.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Cereals

Sorry for being a newbie but... WOT = ?

I already set up an appointment to go test drive the Z this sunday, so hopefully I can get the idea on the difference of the two.

I'm gonna drive basic, then I will drive enthusiast. If the difference doesnt matter to me, then im gonna go with the basic.

I love the Z, but I don't want the small little features that im missing give me an itch later on. I tend to have the car for awhile.

[Thanks for your input so far guys!!]
Old 08-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Miko

WOT = Wide Open Throttle ("flooring" it)

Driving the base or any other model in nice weather...I doubt you'll feel anything. You have to take really hard turns and make the car slide to feel anything..but that's more with the upper end model's with VDC. With TCS, not much..but alot more will be noticable in wet weather. I think all models but base have limited rear slip differential.

Driving the two, you'll notice mostly an interior feature difference.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Cereals

You have a point, then again.. i doubt the salesman will let me take a corner that hard. lol.

I'm thinking of playing if safe, and going with the enthusiast. i dont want this to come back and bite me in the ***.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:13 AM
z-u-later

I went with the Enthusiast for the reasons already mentioned. You may be able to get a good deal on an Enthuasiast since it's late in the year for a 2006 model. Go to several dealers and compare prices and use this to your advantage. You should easily be able to negotiate invoice price if you work them hard enough. Heck, I drove two hours to purchase mine even though there were several local dealerships in my area. I negotiated everything over the Internet.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Cereals

Yeah thats what I am doing here, I'm gonna try and get the different dealerships to compete against each other. I'm curious, how much did you get the Z for and how many miles? [So i can have a goal to shoot for]
Old 08-04-2006, 11:28 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

For me, cruise control was a definite requirement because I can't stand driving long distances with my foot constantly pressing the gas pedal. Also as a first-time owner of a RWD vehicle (and a relatively powerful RWD vehicle at that), I thought it would be beneficial to have the LSD and traction control at my side. For 03-05 model years, the difference between HID (enthusiast) and non-HID (base) would have also swayed my decision. I also agree that the steering wheel-mounted audio controls are convenient.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Z_freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with everyone on the sterring wheel controls and the cruise control which would be nice to have, what is funny I have them on my '86Z31 but not my '06Z33, go figure, honestly when you go drive these cars find the one that feels right to you and gives you the most confidence behind the wheel.....I got the base because imo it would be a good foundation to mod from.....consider all your options, decide on what you want the car to be then go from there....good luck and keep us posted.....
Old 08-04-2006, 11:57 AM
nissanjosh

I got a 06 enthusiast for 29k.....DONT BUY A BASE its worth the 2k extra
Old 08-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Juanito350Z

I vote for enthusiast, even if you plan on modding.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:59 AM
z-u-later

Originally Posted by Cereals
Yeah thats what I am doing here, I'm gonna try and get the different dealerships to compete against each other. I'm curious, how much did you get the Z for and how many miles? [So i can have a goal to shoot for]
I bought the '06 Enthusiast A/T in early June for $29K. M/T is cheaper, of course but there is too much stop & go traffic where I live. I've driven M/T before with my 280Z -- fun but I wanted an A/T this time. Either way, you can't wrong with the Z, whether Base or Enthusiast, A/T or M/T.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Bananax

entusiast +1
Old 08-04-2006, 12:49 PM
streetracer

For the year 2006 the steering wheel is a lot better than the 03. With that said, if I were to buy an 06 I would choose the enthusiast. For my 03, I chose the base because I wanted to change the steering wheel for an aftermarket one. Also the base does not come with vanity mirrors on the interior.

Subjectively, I love my base model. I wouldn't change it for any model due to the added weight. The LSD is coming soon.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:47 PM
thrill350z

go enthu. for the HIDs and LSD
Old 08-04-2006, 01:52 PM
zstreet86

i have an enthusaist and i am glad i dont have a base model
Old 08-04-2006, 03:44 PM
joe_blow_xbox

Originally Posted by VN_350z
1) No HID Light
2) No LSD
3) No Cruise control
4) No Auto dim mirror
5) No side air bag (not sure)
6) No TCS

Get enthusiast.
FYI - I have an 06 base.
1. 06 Base HAS HID lights.
2. 06 Base doesn't have standard side air bags (it is an option), but I also don't believe that side air bags come standard with Enthusiast.

I live in SoCal, so TCS isn't so necessary. LSD would have been nice, but that is really the only option I would have liked that I didn't get.

Last edited by joe_blow_xbox; 08-04-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:10 PM
HighwaySpeed

Originally Posted by camaro194
For 06, on the enthusiast you get LSD, homelink, cruise control, steering wheel audio buttons, TCS, and aluminum pedals. Me, I think its worth it.
+1
Old 08-04-2006, 05:12 PM
slam

For performance minded people the only thing the base model doesn't have that the enthusiast has is an LSD. That being said, the factory LSD that the enthusiast has is NOT as good as an aftermarket LSD which will cost you much less than the price difference between the base & enthusiast! That's why I think the base model is definetly the way to go if you want a geat platform to mod (it's great in stock form also).

I own a base but I've driven my friends enthusiast and even when I slid the enthusiast it was very hard to tell any difference because it had the OEM LSD. The difference is very minor.

Now if you want other small goodies like cruise control, auto-dimming mirror, steering wheel controls, etc. get the enthusiast; however, the base model has just about everything you actually need and will save you the extra cash to get parts that are better than the heavy OEM stuff.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:19 PM
gabez33

Originally Posted by slam
For performance minded people the only thing the base model doesn't have that the enthusiast has is an LSD. That being said, the factory LSD that the enthusiast has is NOT as good as an aftermarket LSD which will cost you much less than the price difference between the base & enthusiast! That's why I think the base model is definetly the way to go if you want a geat platform to mod (it's great in stock form also).

I own a base but I've driven my friends enthusiast and even when I slid the enthusiast it was very hard to tell any difference because it had the OEM LSD. The difference is very minor.

Now if you want other small goodies like cruise control, auto-dimming mirror, steering wheel controls, etc. get the enthusiast; however, the base model has just about everything you actually need and will save you the extra cash to get parts that are better than the heavy OEM stuff.

+1

Quick Reply: 350Z basic or Enthusiast?