Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

my list of current mods... someone tell me if i overlooked something!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 11:12 AM
havabooz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats pretty rude if u ask me..

i have an idea of what he does for a living

probobly something you dont do

and to the one who said you can have a much better car for teh $

first of all thats opinion..and nothing is more satisfying than building your own machine
Old 02-27-2003, 11:38 AM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Default Ain't that the truth!

Originally posted by havabooz
thats pretty rude if u ask me..

i have an idea of what he does for a living

probobly something you dont do

and to the one who said you can have a much better car for teh $

first of all thats opinion..and nothing is more satisfying than building your own machine
I'm sure Michael can afford a more expensive car. Are you going to question him if he mod the hell out of a Ferrari? It's part of the fun...sort of a personal touch to your car!
Old 02-27-2003, 11:52 AM
raceboy
Banned

Why not upgrade the nut behind the wheel? That's the one everyone forgets.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:17 PM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: my list of current mods... someone tell me if i overlooked something!!!

Originally posted by JmanZ
Dude, show some respect. Michael has been here for quite awhile, as where you have not. I don't see where anyone gets off condeming someone for having a hobby. Michael loves his car and it shows, who cares what he does. He does WELL. nuff said.
Whats it matter how long somebody's been here LOL! What are you his protector? I just think its crazy spending 30K on a 30K car for "show" mods.. For somebody to afford to **** away that much money they must have so much money that money's not an issue, me and others would like to know what he does? If somebody asked me i'd say, whats the big deal? Man, I really hate dealing with such sensitive people that need everything sugercoated. Be a man and stop being a baby, let him answer me if he feels that way..

I'm every bit a Z fan has he is, I am just curious what he does!

Last edited by Daytona Blue Z in Bo; 02-27-2003 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:57 PM
imntcrzy

very nice!!!

nothing like pride in knowing how unique your car is and that you did it yourself... what some may consider insane is another pride and joy. Everyone has their hobbies right? My friend put about $65,000 into his Z32 with no sponserships, just the personal self satisfaction of doing it himself. So I kind of know how it is to get the bug. I plan on doing the same on my Z, but maybe on a smaller scale.

r u planning to change the LSD, build up the motor, bigger brakes, maybe FI

anyhow... bravo!!
Old 02-27-2003, 03:24 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my list of current mods... someone tell me if i overlooked something!!!

Originally posted by Daytona Blue Z in Bo

I'm every bit a Z fan has he is, I am just curious what he does!
i am not a huge Z fan... i am a car buff. i picked this car to hold me over until the supra comes out. i like its style...

and for what i do for a living... do a search, its not a secret... i have posted my occupation before. anyway, i live in texas, and i have 3 oil rigs in my back yard (3 is the max per law).

m
Old 02-27-2003, 03:42 PM
Clyde

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Missing mods

I am suprised that you haven't included a harness system. I see you have a V-1 but what about the remote V-1. You may have a reverse camera but nothing for filming and recording when you are x-crossing or tracking your car. You also have done brake work but did you change brake fluid to Dot 4-5. I don't see where you added neon washer nozzels.

Seems like you did alot of broad strokes but need to fine tune.

(;>)
Old 02-27-2003, 05:56 PM
PhoenixINX

$60k on that???

That's the best you could do???

Pass... Sorry Nissan... I'll put my $60k to this...

Clean used 911 Turbos are EASY to find at that price. What kind of fu*kin idiot would drop that kind of cash flow, and not get ANY sort of return. What a waste... he might have the cash... but with financial decisions as such, I hope he has a rich mommy and daddy to fall back on...

Oh wait... are the rumors true?
Old 02-27-2003, 06:13 PM
jran76

Damn, I have never seen so many people B!tch about what someone else does to their car. His car is hands down the best looking Z out there. I have no problem with prople expressing their opinion, but in the past I have heard nothing but compliments on his car.

He posted the list because he was asked to, jealously is a mother f*cker. I like nice cars, I like Porches, I like BMW's, etc. I could probably find a nice one in my price range (new M3), but I wanted a 350Z, and when I am done, and have spent my budgeted 50K, I will destroy any M3 on the street, and look better doing it.

Have you people even seen his car?

By the way, I got carried away, props on the car, it is top notch, no matter what the haters say. Can't wait to see it in person someday.

Last edited by jran76; 02-27-2003 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:34 PM
Red6

I have to say Im on your side Skidazzle. Props buddy good job on pushing the Z's barriers.

All the people who say its retarded to spend that kind of cash on the Z are pretty lame. Especially if you own the car.

I myself like to build a car. The z is a dream It looks good and has vast potential.

If you wanted a M3 or a Porsche that what you should have bought one. Settling is just lame.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:47 PM
rodH

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my list of current mods... someone tell me if i overlooked something!!!

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
i am not a huge Z fan... i am a car buff. i picked this car to hold me over until the supra comes out. i like its style...

and for what i do for a living... do a search, its not a secret... i have posted my occupation before. anyway, i live in texas, and i have 3 oil rigs in my back yard (3 is the max per law).

m
Ski I am on your side, do whatever you want to your car it is a beautiful piece (at least it isn't one of those Civics that guys put another $20k in in mods and they could have ended up with an S2000). IN reality, even if you did buy a 911 or whatever some are saying you should, you would still get new wheels, stereo, clear bra, tint, etc..so it isn't really fair to say that.

I must be honest, I am not too sure how to take the above comment, I mean really, does a Z28 fan buy a Cobra and mod the hell out of it, then say "I am a Z28 guy anyway, I am just waiting til the next generation comes out". Maybe I took it a little personal, but the supra comment was a little odd (no, it has NOTHING to do with NOT being a "Z" car guy, since I was also considering an S2000 or used 911, I a NOT loyal to only 1 manuf).
Old 02-27-2003, 08:19 PM
all_bark

Question is....

will the supra really be better? what are their plans?

one thing that bothers me about skidazzle though,

why doesn't he post some FREAKIN PICTURES of that beauty?

I want to see more!
Old 02-27-2003, 08:23 PM
rodH

Originally posted by all_bark
Question is....

will the supra really be better? what are their plans?

one thing that bothers me about skidazzle though,

why doesn't he post some FREAKIN PICTURES of that beauty?

I want to see more!
apperantly you haven't been around, it is TOP-SECRET, I have seen a pics it looks great (the ONLY car with a body kit that looks decent).
Old 02-27-2003, 08:27 PM
all_bark

Originally posted by rodH
apperantly you haven't been around, it is TOP-SECRET, I have seen a pics it looks great (the ONLY car with a body kit that looks decent).
what do you mean its top secret?

is it the convertible that has not been released yet!
Old 02-27-2003, 09:33 PM
dvlad

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my list of current mods... someone tell me if i overlooked something!!!

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
anyway, i live in texas, and i have 3 oil rigs in my back yard (3 is the max per law).

m
u can't be serious?????????

I want to see a pic if this is true.

Oh yeah, Skiddazle your car is amazing. Keep it up! Your like the my350Z.com ginney pig.

Dan
Old 02-27-2003, 09:52 PM
350Now

Hey Skiddazle props to you car. I have seen some previous pics before but have not seen new ones and definitelywill be looking out for them here. So make sure you post them.

For all the haters... why would you care what he does with his money or his car. Nobody else tells you what to do... Just my 0.02
Old 02-27-2003, 11:17 PM
D'oh

That's an impressive list of mods.

Now all you need is nitrous, a supercharger, and one turbo for each cylinder.

Can't wait to see what's coming next.

-D'oh!
Old 02-28-2003, 03:40 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Well Ski, best of luck!

I personally like the styling of the Z as much or more so than any other car on the market. Thats why I bought it. I think if I was out in the market for a sportscar and had around $60-65k to spend I think I would of ended up with a top of the line 350Z also, I would of spent the better part of the remainder on "go" mods but there is not much out there yet to choose from. I plan to do some modding and will probably install the first proven safe FI system that comes into the market.

Anyway my comments were not to be taken in a "rude" way, it was just my reaction at the time. I was just curious what you did, I would of had the same reaction if I seen you at the drag strip and you were standing infront of me. People here in Boston tend to be that way

BTW- I'm a fairly young professional at 24 also, but I bought the car myself through working 40 hour weeks (8 weeks of vacation time ) I just like to hear how people have the time and the money to mod there car like that

Last edited by Daytona Blue Z in Bo; 02-28-2003 at 03:46 AM.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:57 AM
zeroday

Awesome car Skidazzle!

For the haters:
Aren't these forums supposed to be mostly about modding your cars anyway???? Did I miss something somewhere? Why would you come here to talk about your stock Z all the time....thats pretty boring IMO. I think you guys need to find a way to deal with your jealousy, which is obviously the root of the problem here. The idea that he could have bought this/that for 60k is lame...whoever thinks this doesn't understand what it means to be a car enthusiast. It's a hobby, it's not about going to a dealer, dropping 60k and then being done with it.

:endofrant

Quick Reply: my list of current mods... someone tell me if i overlooked something!!!