Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

does owning a Z stress you out?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 07:55 AM
dkorr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NewJerZ
Ummm...I think he might have been referring to the fact that many Asians historically have been poor drivers.
the best Z drifters in the world are Asian...
Old 08-23-2006, 07:57 AM
NewJerZ

Well..I don't know WHY the other dude mentioned Chinese Malls then @ dkorr
Old 08-23-2006, 08:14 AM
highside107

Originally Posted by NewJerZ
Well..I don't know WHY the other dude mentioned Chinese Malls then @ dkorr
I think that was Nitrouz that mentioned it. Isn't he Chinese? I'm Chinese and wouldn't park my Z at a Chinese mall either No disrespect, but too many old Chinese people driving beaters who either don't give a f*ck or who are totally oblivious to other people's cars.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:17 AM
IronMedic

owning my z stresses me out..i have so many girls wanting to go home with me but i only have one passenger seat..
Old 08-23-2006, 08:38 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by highside107
I think that was Nitrouz that mentioned it. Isn't he Chinese? I'm Chinese and wouldn't park my Z at a Chinese mall either No disrespect, but too many old Chinese people driving beaters who either don't give a f*ck or who are totally oblivious to other people's cars.
I'm Chinese too. I park my Z on the street instead of the driveway when visiting relatives and parents.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:15 AM
boma

Regarding "chinese malls" That's where some of the asian wannabe gangsters and theives hang out. I'm not worried about the old drivers hitting me; I'm concerned with the young ones who will key, strip, or steal my car.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Zmazing03

Pfft. I don't own two cars so the Z goes everywhere. Not preferred, but its that, or no Z.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup I'm Chinese too. So no racism intended. Maybe a little stereotype though, as I've had my share of dings at Ranch 99 around this area......
Old 08-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Forrest80

Originally Posted by dkorr
is it me or is the Z car ownership experience kind of stressful? i've owned many cars before (Acura/Honda/Toyota/Mazda) and never been so stressed out over door dings, hit n runs, scratches, keying, accidents, break ins, etc.

my car is only worth $27,000 but feels like i own something more substantial.

some lifestyle changes.... i notice i tend to eat faster in restaurants, i always pick a seat near the window in full view of my car, i park as far away as possible in shopping mall lots, i dont work past 530pm (i park in downtown), i dont stay at my gf's house too long...

sometimes i wish i had my old civic back...
I do all of these and my friends KNOW IT and they harass me about it, they threaten to park near me and ding me, anyt ime they want to get even with me they threaten my car it sucks.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:21 PM
taurran

I've learned ways to just avoid dings and door dings for the most part.

The thing that stresses me out now, believe it or not, is RAIN. I live in Tampa, and for those of you who have been here before know it rains in the summer like clockwork every afternoon. I hate washing my car needlessly, as I'm always extremely busy, but it seems like every time the car leaves the garage, there is a rain cloud chasing me down. Almost every time I drive the car I'm constantly looking up at the sky for clouds (picture Henry Hill from Goodfellas but a rain cloud instead of a helicopter). I find myself taking alternate routes to try to get around clouds that look like they might rain. For those that live in Tampa and drive one of these cars, you learn to suspect ANY and EVERY cloud in the sky is raining. On a weekly basis I get rained on when there's only a slight wisp of clouds in the sky.

It's not even the rain that stresses me really, it's the people that drive 15 under that you can't get around and are kicking up dirty water all over the road.

Another thing that stresses me out is the other drivers on the roads. People seriously **** me off here in Tampa. This place easily has the worst drivers I've ever seen. I've lived in the midwest, and west coast, and even though California has bad traffic, you don't see near the retarded bs on the roads here. The past two times I've driven my car, I've almost been hit. Last week some stupid girl with her cell phone got about 2 inches from merging into my front fender. You'd think a bright red car would be easy to spot...

I even get faily pissed driving on the highway trying to avoid rock chips. It seems like you can NEVER find a good speed to a) avoid from getting behind slow people throwing up rocks, or b) avoid from getting tailgate and cut off by *******s going 15mph over. The other week I was driving on the highway and some guy was tailgating me for like 5 miles. I was getting kind of pissed and was about to let him know when he drove by. As I looked over, i see him looking at me and he gives me the thumbs up like he likes the car, then proceeds to cut me off 2" from my front bumper... Wow, what I nice way of showing you like the car!

I've been known to have a short fuse, and it shows when I'm driving my Z. Last weekend I said "f*** it I can't take driving this car in Tampa anymore." I know it sucks, I love the car, but it is very stressful for me to drive sometimes...

/end rant

Last edited by taurran; 08-23-2006 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:25 AM
engiNERD350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glowz825
I am extremely stressed out when I leave my car unattended in any parking lot.The first brand new car I owned was an 01 celica gts and I was very protective of it.One day I park my car way out in the parking lot where there were few cars and some hillbilly in a brand new ford truck parks right next to me,when he pulls up Im about 20 ft away from my car then I hear the door to door thud.I turn around and walk back and tell the guy he is a douche bag and he is going to pay for that,he laughs and I said keep laughin' hillbilly.As I watch him walk into the store the fury within was uncontrolable.I kicked in his door so bad I made his driver side window break.Did I feel bad? A little.But I think he got what he deserved
As much as I'd hate to admit, good job!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 09:28 AM
gNaRKiLL

When I first got my Z I was so obsessed with it being clean and not messin up the interior.

But ive realized something: PEOPLE DONT GIVE A *** ABOUT YOUR STUFF!
When passengers ride they hit things, scratch things slam the door spill stuff so its gotten to the point where I just dont say anything anymore and just realize its inevitable that its gonna get a little messed up.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:48 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate to admit it, but yes, I do get somewhat stressed. I am fanatical about detailing it, but I was that way with the last two cars too (very old Maxima and a Civic before that) so that isn't any different.

What is different is how unsettled I am after parking it anywhere except at home or work. I love going to the movies and whenever I do, I keep the cell on vibrate just so I can get the dreaded text message telling me that anything has happened to it. Just yesterday, wife and I went for a walk and I kept turning back to ensure the car was safe and dingless in the lot (it was the ONLY car there!).

Kinda annoying, even if I say so myself.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:00 AM
Interlagos Fire

Yes, it does concern me to a certain degree, shopping carts, big SUVs and etc.
My solution is: On a day-off, I searched cars.com and bought my self a 1990 beater Chevy Lumina with only 83k miles. One benefit of having a beater car was to avoid the above mentioned when going grocery shopping, and etc, the 2nd benefit is, my tires can be as expensive as my Lumina since I went with 19"/275 rear if the Z was used as daily driver. 3rd reason, I drive 56 miles to and from work everyday, putting 87 gas is a little cheaper than putting in premium gas on the Z.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:04 AM
siua

i feel the same way bro.... but thats why u have to have a bucket for second car!!! just drive the z on the weekend....
Old 08-24-2006, 11:16 AM
MeetJoeAsian

Originally Posted by Miko
Ok, so there's two cars next to you, and you write down their plate #s. You come back, and see a ding from the car that has now left. What can you do, in terms of filing reports, etc..? I thought you can't do much, but what do I know.
I took the crime into my own hand...I had to make sure the paint on my car matched his,glad his vehicle was green, made it a lot easier to distiguish...
Old 08-24-2006, 11:17 AM
MeetJoeAsian

its easy to enter their plate numbers with your cellphone note pad i guess. how did you find out where they live from just the plates? maybe a brick thru the windshield is a bit heavy handed. i think keying the car will do, and add a note saying 'next time be more careful parking next to my Z'
I pulled up plate info thru my work place...it showed everything...the name and address and all...
Old 08-24-2006, 12:03 PM
06Firebase

Red face

is it me or is the Z car ownership experience kind of stressful? i've owned many cars before (Acura/Honda/Toyota/Mazda) and never been so stressed out over door dings, hit n runs, scratches, keying, accidents, break ins, etc.

my car is only worth $27,000 but feels like i own something more substantial.

some lifestyle changes.... i notice i tend to eat faster in restaurants, i always pick a seat near the window in full view of my car, i park as far away as possible in shopping mall lots, i dont work past 530pm (i park in downtown), i dont stay at my gf's house too long...

sometimes i wish i had my old civic back...

Yep.

I feel the same way, except in my case it was an old Mustang!

Seriously, you do the best you can to avoid getting your car damaged. I go out of my way to avoid parking in "bad" spots, and I can't enjoy my lunch unless I can see where my car is!

Good luck,
Joe
Old 08-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Spideynw

Does anyone else find that people just have to park next to you even if there are three spaces between you and the next car? Pisses me off!!!! And then the stupid trucks seem like they are in a competition to see who can park the closest.

Anyways, I do park away from other cars. Almost three years and no door dings yet.

On a side note, I did rub paint with an idiot that would not let me merge, and that was a $600 repair since the paint broke. Oh well.

Last edited by Spideynw; 08-24-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:40 PM
iknowitsfast

i havent gotten too too too worked up about the few dings i have, but im **** when it comes to washing it and making my chrome silver bling!

Quick Reply: does owning a Z stress you out?