Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

New here, thinking of buy a 350Z.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:41 PM
AddictedtoZs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who cares about resale value or anything, i love z's for what they are, no other car can compare. buy a new one and have a full warranty. maybe its just my dealership, but i got free tires for the life of the vehicle as long as its always maintained there, so im set for tires. i dont have one complaint about this car at all. z's arent's that fast but thats not why i got one, its the complete package that i love. of course anyone can go out and spend 35 grand on a 800whp supra and be a big dog but then u dont have all the features of a z. people always complain about how they keep getting heavier but i like all the things that they add every year that make them heavier. its truely a luxury sports car, which is why i love it
Old 08-23-2006, 02:44 PM
ANXIOUZ

Interestingly enough, they really haven't been adding weight according to people who have actually weighed 06's. Dunno why Nissan is claiming that.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Desimale

Originally Posted by ANXIOUZ
Interestingly enough, they really haven't been adding weight according to people who have actually weighed 06's. Dunno why Nissan is claiming that.
From what I've read the increased weight is there.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:41 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

lol on this thread
Old 08-24-2006, 05:27 AM
Joe T

Alright I drove one last night, it was a base coupe. If I buy one it will be the enthusitist. I didn't know the base didn't have cruise.

The funny thing was the car reminded me of how fast and rudimentry my 90 mustang is.

Gonna kick it around for a few days and drive some others this weekend.

As far as the ride goes it wasn't harsh and it did great on the freeway, just what I wanted it to do.... But I couldn't hardly see out the back window and constant scanning for cops with my eyes is what keeps me from getting tickets.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:06 AM
Spideynw

Originally Posted by Joe T
Alright I drove one last night, it was a base coupe. If I buy one it will be the enthusitist. I didn't know the base didn't have cruise.

The funny thing was the car reminded me of how fast and rudimentry my 90 mustang is.

Gonna kick it around for a few days and drive some others this weekend.

As far as the ride goes it wasn't harsh and it did great on the freeway, just what I wanted it to do.... But I couldn't hardly see out the back window and constant scanning for cops with my eyes is what keeps me from getting tickets.
Radar detector takes care of that.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:53 AM
ANXIOUZ

The Z takes some getting used to as far as using the mirrors and peering out of the portholes. But it's a fairly small car so just gun it and you'll have room even if someone's there.

What else are you going to try? WRX? RX8? Anything like that?
Old 08-24-2006, 08:34 AM
Joe T

Don't like the RX8 and don't want an AWD, kind useless around here.

Looking at Acuras too. Was going to look at an RSX last night but the dealer I went to didn't have any and the sales guy pretty much said they are getting bought before they arrive so there isn't too much dealing on them. So if I'm gonna buy a $23,500 car I might as well step it up to something I can at least bargain on and I'd like something like a 350Z or G35. There isn't much offered that I like in my range. What other 2 door coupes are out there? Ones that don't suck.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:56 AM
Spideynw

Mustang GT...
Old 08-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Joe T

Yup, already have a mustang. I'm over on corral.net talking about this right now. Mine is a 90 model and not one stock part on the car.

But I've got to say the most attractive thing about the new stangs is the 5 speed auto tranny actually is faster then the 5 speed stick; according to some magazines i read a while back.

But a mustang is a car you buy as a high school graduation gift .

Gonna look at G35's this weekend too.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:08 AM
HighwaySpeed

Resale, mpg, commute, price = new Honda Civic.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Spideynw

Originally Posted by Joe T
Yup, already have a mustang. I'm over on corral.net talking about this right now. Mine is a 90 model and not one stock part on the car.

But I've got to say the most attractive thing about the new stangs is the 5 speed auto tranny actually is faster then the 5 speed stick; according to some magazines i read a while back.

But a mustang is a car you buy as a high school graduation gift .

Gonna look at G35's this weekend too.
Well, if you are going to look at G35's, might want to look at some Acura TL's and BMW's...

Isn't shopping for a vehicle so much fun?
Old 08-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Joe T

Yeah my head is about to spin off. Now I might look at the Lexus too.

It always reverts back to dam I should just keep my truck, but then I think of the freeway driving I do and how it really sucks on the freeway plus the MPG.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:50 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tires are expensive; think about a $1000 per set but I had to change mine at 24,000 miles or about every two years.

Otherwise maintanance is minimal; I've spent, maybe, 600 bucks in 3 1/2 years. And I've maintained mine exactly as manual says. Average milage is around 22 MPG with 70/30 highway/city driving. I think it is cheap interms of operating costs.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Morningglorie

Honestly, for what you're looking for I'd probably suggest the G35. Do you ever need to carry much stuff in the trunk? With the Z, there isn't much room. For me, it's fine, but it's a second car. Any Home Depot runs we take the Maxima.

The Z, roadster or coupe, is designed to be a sports car. As a sports car, it's great fun, a truly wonderful weekend car. Are you looking for something fun to drive? If so, you'll be happy.

But if your big concerns are mileage, commuting, economy, this might not be the best choice for you.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:54 AM
Joe T

Yeah, I don't need a rear seat.. As far as home depot goes I can borrow my brother's truck.

Looking for something a little more fun to drive on the freeway. Plus something with a little style.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:03 AM
Silkk

Trust me man; you won't be disappointed with the Z. Out of the 76k on my Z, 72k+ are probably highway mileage. When I'm in in the office I drive 30 miles one way to work; every day. When I'm working at a client site, I drive between 30-60 miles one way; every day. I've taken my Z on roadtrips from PA to as far as NC, TN, and MA. On the longest trip (to TN) I stopped once during the 9.5 hour trek for gas and to stretch. The rest of the time I was comfortable.

Plus as I stated before, I get about 27mpg highway and I've bolted on the mods in my sig...

As far as style goes, A Civic will never get you the looks you'll get in the Z...

The G35 would be an OK second choice, but will have the back seat, cost more to begin with, and cost the same to maintain as the Z...

In the end it probably WOULD be cheaper to keep your truck. The money you spend on a new Z plus tires every year will never add up to the difference between gas in the truck and the new vehicle. However, it seems like you are pretty set on a new car, so I say go for it...
Old 08-25-2006, 08:00 AM
Joe T

Yeah, I've got an 04 1500 Hemi sport reg cab. Nice truck, just undersized for what I really need a truck for. I tried to hit it in the middle when I bought it new... Plus I went from a Z28 I drove for 5 years to a truck so hwy driving has never been the same... But the truck actually gets close to 19-20mpg on the hwy if I'm not flogging it, it is just an exercise to negotiate it through 100 miles of heavy Houston traffic. By the time I get out of here at the end of the day and drive 100 miles north to the north side of Houston I'll be worn out from driving the truck.

I'm looking on Ebay for a slightly used 06 350Z and I'm gonna pick up a late 90's V10 dully ext cab 4x4 for use on my land and I'll put farm plates on it so insurance is cheap.

Gonna keep lowering the price on my truck till it sells.

Thanks for the advice yall.

Edit: and I'll be doing 35 miles one way to work, not 100, that's my weekend driving .

Last edited by Joe T; 08-25-2006 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:19 AM
Silkk

100 miles highway is nothing in the Z. I've been working out of town for several months now and drive the z 95 miles every monday and friday. It's refreshing!

Good luck with the search.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:39 AM
Joe T

Thanks.

I also looked on tirerack and found that the 18 inch tires aren't that bad in price if you go to something besides original equipment. Lots of choices.

Quick Reply: New here, thinking of buy a 350Z.