Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Do I REALLY have a Touring model?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd say he has an Enthusiast with leather seat covers - that is if he doesn't have power seating, and someone probably just installed aftermarket speakers.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:28 AM
BhashaZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh here's a pretty good way to tell if you have aftermarket leather (in most cases). If the back side of the seat (facing towards the rear of the car) is matching vinyl (looks like leather), then it is indeed aftermarket leather. If the backside has the same textured surface like the center console, then it's likely OEM leather.*

*this is true in most cases, although on my car I have aftermarket Burnt Orange leather with the same OEM textured backing.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:32 AM
MustGoFastR

Originally Posted by BhashaZ
It might be an Enthusiast (only other model with auto) with aftermarket leather + aftermarket sub + aftermarket nav?
I would agree, except Enthusiast also has TCS. He said he didn't have any button to shut of VDC... You'd think he would have mentioned if he had a button that said TCS... Maybe not?

I'd be pissed if the dealer sold it as a Touring and it turned out not to be...
Old 08-24-2006, 09:35 AM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
I would agree, except Enthusiast also has TCS. He said he didn't have any button to shut of VDC... You'd think he would have mentioned if he had a button that said TCS... Maybe not?

I'd be pissed if the dealer sold it as a Touring and it turned out not to be...
Well it has to be either Enthusiast or Touring, since those are the only 2 auto's. Maybe he didn't mention the TCS button because he was only looking for the VDC?

EDIT: I think my leather test above + the TCS button will help get to the bottom of this!
Old 08-24-2006, 09:42 AM
Voboy

Well it has to be either Enthusiast or Touring, since those are the only 2 auto's. Maybe he didn't mention the TCS button because he was only looking for the VDC?

EDIT: I think my leather test above + the TCS button will help get to the bottom of this!
or powerseating? honestly its gotta be an enthusiast, all tourings came with heated seats correct?
Old 08-24-2006, 09:44 AM
BhashaZ

Yup
Old 08-24-2006, 09:50 AM
dragonbz99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wtf... isnt touring the only one that comes in auto? i forget.. so long ago.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:58 AM
BhashaZ

No the Enthusiast has an option for auto as well.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:07 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You have a 350Z. Enjoy the ride.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:31 AM
MustGoFastR

Agreed. Poor dude is probably freaking right now...
Old 08-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Lavon

Man, I dunno... sounds like you might NOT have a Touring. Manual will not state the model.

I thought all Touring leather seats were heated...
If you do not have a VDC (or even TCS) button, something is up...

Are the headlights HID? Just thinking of what the deal might be... was the base model available in Auto? If there is NO VDC or TCS button at the lower left of the dash, the only model it could be is Base. Someone could have put aftermarket leather in it (maybe even had the dealer do it), and add the bose trim panel behind the driver's seat to put their own sub back there. You said the sub and rear speakers weren't working and there's an aftermarket head unit... maybe the previous owner ripped out his sub and rear speakers (if he even had any in there...)?

Not telling you to freak yet, but from the sounds of things, you may have been screwed. Did the dealer sell you the car as a Touring model?

Pretty sure the headlights are HID. How can you tell for sure other than just "looking" at them. (They are a different ambient color....bluish/whitish when on...dead give away usually)

I'll check again, but I'm pretty sure the seats are not heated. There were switches between the seats that turn them on in the other model we drove. Same with the DVC...switch was up from hood release on the other car, but do not recall seeing it on ours.

Bose sub IS in there...I can see the speaker through the grill. I looked up the actual Bose sub for this model and the picture matches what I'm seeing. I think the owner switched the head unit and didn't hook something up right. I WILL get the contact info from the dealer to figure this out.

Yes...Dealer sold it as Touring model. So far everything matches but the heated switches and VDC switch.

Thanks.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Lavon

Agreed. Poor dude is probably freaking right now...
Not too bad actually. I just want to verify that I do indeed have a "touring" model.

Regardless....We still got an good deal. 18,961.45 out the door. Couldn't get them to buy my tag! They were just not wanting to deal on a warranty...tried again today before paperwork is finalized. SO....I went with a 5 yr/100K platinum warranty through the bank...no deduct with GAP coverage for 2,010. It works out to $20,971.45 for a clean/well kept '03.

Couple pics:

Last edited by Lavon; 08-24-2006 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:33 AM
BhashaZ

If you REALLY want to make sure, check the back-side of the seats as I stated above. And the Bose is just a speaker grill that some people buy when they put in an aftermarket sub behind the driver's seat, as seen here. Unless of course you took the cover off and actually saw a Bose sub underneath the plastic cover..

But really, don't worry about it. You got a great car--a 350Z!
Old 08-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Brando222
Ziologist

Are the seats powered? Are there small black buttons on the side of each seat closest to the center console? The driver should have 2 buttons and the passenger 1. Unless they swapped out the seats it's not a touring I think.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:58 AM
06Firebase

Cool

Originally Posted by Lavon
I have searched the forum most of the morning looking for comparisons of the different models. I have noticed in a few topics that an '03 touring should have 18" wheels, nav, and VDC (optional?) I couldn't find it @ Nissan.

What should an '03 Touring package have standard? Leather, Nav, Bose, VDC...what size wheels?

Is there a link or site that list models w/ options.

Thanks,

Lavon

Here's a link for you!

http://www.350zmotoring.com/2003_nis...fications.html

All best,
Joe
Old 08-24-2006, 12:15 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Atleast the previous owner took care of the exterior ... the car looks very clean. If there isnt a VDC/TCS button near the hood release/gas cover release area then it's probably not a Touring .... but you got a good deal so that should be all that matters ...
Old 08-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Lavon

Originally Posted by Brando222
Are the seats powered? Are there small black buttons on the side of each seat closest to the center console? The driver should have 2 buttons and the passenger 1. Unless they swapped out the seats it's not a touring I think.
Yes...Two on drivers and one on passenger. Passenegr seat has the flip-up release on the back of the seat...to access the storage bin from drivers seat.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:06 PM
dubbzdiggler

The touring edition comes with the Bose stereo doesn't it???
Old 08-24-2006, 01:13 PM
MarlboroMan

Can't a Nissan dealership look up the VIN and tell which it is?
Old 08-24-2006, 02:08 PM
Lavon

OK......Just got verification from my wife on her way home IN the car.

Does have TCS and seat heater switches. I really don't know how, but I must have overlooked them.

We DO have a touring model.....Yeah Us!

Quick Reply: Do I REALLY have a Touring model?