Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

1/4 mile times?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 08:20 AM
i8acobra

Received 1,277 Likes on 1,022 Posts

I handed an '05 Roush stage 1 his *** with my '06 Z. All I had at the time was an AEM CAI and Borla TD.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Rumbler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think the roush stage 1 isnt even supercharged. Normally they just like to say Stage to show how much someone spent for it. Normally they call it RoushCharger on the hood scoop.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:06 PM
deluzrider

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
I understand that the GT isnt great on tracks, but some of you are saying you "eat mustangs for breakfast".

I sure believe that, IF your talking about the v6 mustang, not the v8 GT. And im sure the ones that stated "I eat mustangs [GT] for breakfast" arent going against them on curves.

Get it straight, stock for stock, with similar [good] drivers, the mustang GT should eat you for breakfast. Thats going on straight lines ofcourse as most street races and drag races go.
ive raced 4 gt mustangs. and never lost. every morning im full from eating mustangs
Old 08-27-2006, 09:15 PM
RevLimitZ

Originally Posted by deluzrider
ive raced 4 gt mustangs. and never lost. every morning im full from eating mustangs
+1 except I've raced more than ten GT's, one being my best friend who is a very capable driver in a 98 GT w/ 2002 engine, k&n intake, offroad x pipes, flowmaster ex, and underdrive pulleys. From a dig he got the jump but I had him by the end of 3rd, from a roll he didn't have a prayer (I was bone stock) I've raced one 06 gt from a dig (redlight to redlight) and had him by a 1.5 cars but I'm assuming he didn't know how to drive it well since it was brand new. Un/slightly modded gt's can't hang (w/ me at least )
Old 08-27-2006, 09:20 PM
deluzrider

they r close. im sure ill lose one of these dayz
Old 08-28-2006, 05:59 AM
Rumbler

Originally Posted by deluzrider
they r close. im sure ill lose one of these dayz
thats when you pop in a turbo and rarely ever loose :-D
Old 08-28-2006, 08:12 AM
Joe T

........ don't know much, I'm looking at picking up a 350Z closer to christmas.

But I have a reg cab Hemi and I can stay even with my friends G35 up to about 50 then he slowly pulls away. This was bone stock down to the original air filter.

The mustang is faster if you want to compare mag articles, but it is still a 20,000 dollar base car. So don't expect a lot of luxury out of it. Might be a good deal if you need a rear seat though. I also don't like how they look.

This comes from a guy that has owned a couple fox body coupes, still got one with a lot of $$ in it.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:31 AM
SergEK

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
I understand that the GT isnt great on tracks, but some of you are saying you "eat mustangs for breakfast".

I sure believe that, IF your talking about the v6 mustang, not the v8 GT. And im sure the ones that stated "I eat mustangs [GT] for breakfast" arent going against them on curves.

Get it straight, stock for stock, with similar [good] drivers, the mustang GT should eat you for breakfast. Thats going on straight lines ofcourse as most street races and drag races go.
A new GT should be a healthy match for an 06 properly driven --- how could a few tenths (because some owners have run 13.60's stock) really "eat you for breakfast" territory?

With the right alignment for drag racing a Z would be a very close match for a stock GT

We have some pretty agressive camber which hurts our launches but our power is pretty good -- look at the traps, they are damn close

Either way --- if you want a drivers car, RWD and the looks to match --- get a Z (of your choices)

There are plenty of other chassis I would have if I was going all out --- but for a new car the Z is so balanced its compared to cars that are triple its price
Old 08-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Joe T

Only thing I don't like about the Z's is they don't get that great of MPG for such a small car. An LS1 6 speed Z28 can get almost 30 mpg hwy... some report more.

Heavier car and more power.

Imagine putting an LS2 in a Z350 from the factory and putting an actual overdrive in it for hwy, that would be a sweet ride.

Anyway, sorry for getting off the subject.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:43 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by IronMedic
my Z runs 10's in stock trim. when i get my stickers on, ill be in the 9's like in FnF!
I dont see that being too hard......in the 1/8
Old 08-28-2006, 02:46 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by Joe T
Only thing I don't like about the Z's is they don't get that great of MPG for such a small car. An LS1 6 speed Z28 can get almost 30 mpg hwy... some report more.

Imagine putting an LS2 in a Z350 from the factory and putting an actual overdrive in it for hwy, that would be a sweet ride.

Small car? 33-3600lbs is not small or light ---- the overhangs are short but I wouldnt call it a small car ---- my 93 Civic hatch was a small car

You also forget the tradeoff of smaller motor + higher gearing that the Z uses to accelerate

With a large motor and long gears you can get great gas mileage --- but city consumption is usaully much worse for larger motors ---- gearing helps though but its still a 5.7L/6.0L motor breathing

Its apples to oranges though because the VQ is an advanced motor that puts out a respectable 86hp per liter while the base 06 Vette is in the 66hp per liter area and the "high tech" Z06 gets about 83hp per liter

Last edited by SergEK; 08-28-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:53 PM
deluzrider

Originally Posted by Joe T

i have a lot of f body friends with ls1's. i can tell u right now they do not get 30 mpg. maybe driving down a hill. they are definantly faster but 30 mpg is not happening in an ls1. my z has got 32 mpg on highway however
Old 08-29-2006, 04:58 AM
Joe T

I knocked down 28mpg driving an 02 6 speed WS6 a couple weeks ago on a little road trip. Not too bad for a big pig with a 5.7 V8. Some folks get 30 or so I've read.

And a 3300lb car is light IMO. Look at the newer RWD offerings in coupe form, most weigh more... Mustang = Fat.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:41 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

There are several lengthy 350Z vs Mustang GT threads in the street racing forum. There is no need for me to post my experiences in a duplicate thread.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:57 AM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i have both a mustang and a z and i would chose the z if i had to it just seems to be better made by far.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:00 AM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

oh yeah and i have no problem beating up on gt's either even with an automatic believe it or not i have nismo exhaust and jwt intake ive never had a problem. So far ive raced 5 gt's of all years no problems on winning well except for one it was a new gt they are pretty fast he beat me about a half a car but ive driven the new stang and it just doesnt feel that sporty me at least.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Rumbler

Originally Posted by davidv
There are several lengthy 350Z vs Mustang GT threads in the street racing forum. There is no need for me to post my experiences in a duplicate thread.
obviously david you didnt read my first post on the topic.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:28 AM
Rumbler

My truck runs about 14.8 on street tires. And I don't really car if the z28 gets more mpg over Z, anything ALMOST gets better gas mileage compared to the 15mpg I get now. I liked the Z, just need to find one now at the right price. I want to try and get one for my truck + 5k, or less. I think I might be able to pull it off on a used one still under warrenty. Just one problem, so many colors that are awesome to choose from, I love the blue, red, purple(turns brown in sun), silver, white, bascially everything except la mas sunset orange, not crazy about the bronze.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Joe T

Good luck selling your truck, mines been for sale for 2 months and I'm not asking a pretty penny for it either. I might just fire sell it real cheap just to get rid of it. I'd keep it because I like it, but I need a bigger truck. So it is a used 1 ton and a sports car in my future.

Have fun.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:13 PM
ricochet

For the record, I love my Z (except for when my RT cats crapped out) but...

For raw power, the old saying goes "there's no replacement for displacement"...

And if you want to know what $100K to mod a Z or a new 05+ Mustang GT and stick pro-drivers and take it on a road course will do then you have to look no further than Grand Am Racing... the real "stock car" racing... and you'll see that the 'stang has had a lot more success.

...But for everyday driving excitement, friday night drags, and weekend open track, the Z's a winner.

... My 2 cents

Quick Reply: 1/4 mile times?