Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

how do you guys deal with annoying ricers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 09:25 AM
vertex350zdrift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha man.. this is funny.... i never had this problem when i was in hawaii but when i moved here to texas cuz of the army.... i had all kinds of ricers revvin on me.... i used to just crush them n hurt thier feelings but now thats boring all i do is point and laugh.... hahaha only ones that i really race now are stangs,evos,sti or anything faster than that except for my two anoyin home boys with 240sx that has an rb25 and the other with an sr20... oh well...

Old 08-30-2006, 09:25 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hello,

I kindly ask them to pass me by waving my 44 Magnum out the window. It's strange though, as they then suddenly disappear..?
Old 08-30-2006, 09:28 AM
Reyes_USN

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Hello,

I kindly ask them to pass me by waving my 44 Magnum out the window. It's strange though, as they then suddenly disappear..?

unless it was an off duty cop or a narc
Old 08-30-2006, 09:31 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Hello,

What a bad a$$ haha
Old 08-30-2006, 09:34 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
What a bad a$$ haha
hope he's not serious.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:34 AM
z-u-later

I had a VW Bug tailgate me last weekend. I pulled over to the next lane on the right and revved up. He tried to pull up and I punched it a bit. Needless to say, he was suprised. I slowed down again for him to catch up . . . weaving to let him know I'm ready play. He slowed down, too embarassed I guess. There were two chicks with him . . .
Old 08-30-2006, 09:42 AM
Rumbler

Originally Posted by BlackZero6
I laugh it them..pisses them off all the time
agree, that or just go SLOW SLOW, and make them pass you and smile and wave when they drive by
Old 08-30-2006, 09:45 AM
semtex

Originally Posted by z-u-later
I had a VW Bug tailgate me last weekend. I pulled over to the next lane on the right and revved up. He tried to pull up and I punched it a bit. Needless to say, he was suprised. I slowed down again for him to catch up . . . weaving to let him know I'm ready play. He slowed down, too embarassed I guess. There were two chicks with him . . .
Maybe he had a VW Beetle Turbo and thought that because he had a turbo, that made him fast and invincible.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:56 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dkorr
hope he's not serious.
Hello,

Naw, it's really a Kimber 45...

muahahahaha wooahahahaahah bwaahhahahahh
Old 08-30-2006, 10:02 AM
dkorr

Sounds like slowing way the hell down is the solution. I think if I slow down and the punch it, I'll run into risk of getting a ticket if a cop is camping up ahead, or worse yet, get into accident. I figure its not very fun to racing or tailgate against a Z if its slowed to a crawl. I'd say 10% are ricers, the rest are just mom's in SUVs in a hurry, trying to plough thru traffic. I think a lot of them think "you have a race car. you should be driving faster. so i'll tailgate you hoping you'll speed up".
Old 08-30-2006, 10:08 AM
SIRCRASHALOT

my solution is slam the brakes and engage in abs showdown..... always works cause they poop their pants cause they never expect a Z owner willing to get rear ended to get someone off their ***.... lol i dont recomend this if your the kind of guy who washes or takes car of their car in any way shape or form ( cause you eventually find out your abs is superior than a civic'c regualr brakes BUAhAhAhhhAha

-----------------------------
THAT'S WHY IM Sir CrAsHaLoT
Old 08-30-2006, 10:10 AM
SighOh

Originally Posted by dkorr
How do you guys deal with ricers?
you dont
Old 08-30-2006, 10:20 AM
GalvatronType_R

I live in Northern Virginia and while the ricers can be bad, it's the yuppies in BMWs and Mercedes-Benzes that I get the most trouble from. I can't stand these yuppie idiots with their cellphone in one hand and their $20 coffee in the other thinking that their $40,000-for-225hp rocket can beat anyone else on the road.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:24 AM
josephchihweilu

i downshift and gun it a few times. then i just mind my own business.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:32 AM
davidf

They are looking for some response, any response for that matter. Laughing at them, reving your engine is giving them what they want,,to be noticed. I completely ignore them in every possible way.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:35 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hello,

This thread is funny, because the reality of this is that it happens to all of us, and it should be something that makes us laugh rather than getting our panties in a bunch..lol. It makes me laugh out loud, so for me, i heart when this sh1te happens. This is lliterally what I do:

I'll preface this by saying that you have to determine how "safe" this is first, given the speed you're going, traffic conditions, how closely the jackhole is riding your gate, etc. I'm not an idiot, and I've never caused an accident, or received a ticket for this...Therefore, this move is not always the one to take.

Anywayz, someone else touched on this in another reply, but my method is somewhat different. Basically, I don't hit my brake at all, but determine which gear is best, and then downshift very quickly into it. I let it grab the gear for a split second, then check the body language, facial expressions (if daylight, and clear enuff to see) in my rear view mirror, of the a-hole gate rider behind me. This is the funniest part to me, as he/she/it not ready for this sudden and violent deceleration, and freaks out. You can literally see the front end of the car/suv, whatever dip hard as he/she/it slams on the brakes. Mind you, this all transpires within 2 seconds, and you only get to enjoy the drivers reaction for 1 of those seconds before quickly accelerating to avoid being hit. Those 2 seconds, and the few seconds leading up to this when you know that you're going to do all of this are so rad, and will make you laugh to yourself all day. If it doesn't do it for you, soo sad.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:42 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

hahahaha

DAMM D i prefered the Magnun story!!! lol
Old 08-30-2006, 10:55 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello,

Naw, it's really a Kimber 45...

muahahahaha wooahahahaahah bwaahhahahahh
I'll bet there are only one or two other people in this thread that know what a "Kimber .45" is....I own one and love it.

In fact....dealing with Ricers is simple...I reach into the back and grab a rice picker!!

Old 08-30-2006, 11:00 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hello,

Hehehe.. pho sho. It's an even ggggreater reaction is when I hold my AR-15 Pre-ban Colt out the window. They know they're in the wild wild west then..bwahahahah..
Old 08-30-2006, 11:02 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Silkk
Yeah, I usually give them the laugh with a "i can't believe you" headshake...

They do seem to get quite pissed...

Then the only problem is you need to worry about getting keyed or something by the dumb-a$$es when they see your car parked somewhere. Jealousy is brutal.

I don't understand it though; I don't go revving at Z06s, Vipers, and 911s?!
+1

Quick Reply: how do you guys deal with annoying ricers?