Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

how do you guys deal with annoying ricers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 05:33 AM
atlien187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I look at them and then brush my shoulder off, laugh and hit the gas!
Old 08-31-2006, 06:26 AM
Blue_Z

I let them cut me off, then I snap their pic and post it on the internet for everyone to see...

Old 08-31-2006, 06:38 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by semtex
Umm...who are you directing these remarks to? Me? Or Bananax?
Was a remark to the Asians here that believe only white people put shoyu on rice, etc. and that an Asian person (a real on in their minds) would never do such a thing. Somehow trying to portray that they are the real deal, etc. Reminds me of typical ricer behavior.

If you are in that group, then take a venture overseas and get back to me on what you observe.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:51 AM
semtex

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Was a remark to the Asians here that believe only white people put shoyu on rice, etc. and that an Asian person (a real on in their minds) would never do such a thing. Somehow trying to portray that they are the real deal, etc. Reminds me of typical ricer behavior.

If you are in that group, then take a venture overseas and get back to me on what you observe.
So, because I don't like mixing stuff in my rice I get attacked? And I never claimed that only white people put stuff in their rice, btw. All I said was that the idea of putting soy sauce and margarine in my rice doesn't appeal to me personally.

For the record, I was born in England, grew up primarily in Canada, been to China once, Hong Kong 5 times, lived in HK for a year and a half, and speak fluent Cantonese. And you're right, I've seen Asians put stuff in their rice. I think chili paste and chili oil is more common than soy sauce. But in any case, I never made the claim that 'real' Asians don't put stuff in their rice. So why are you attacking me and calling me rice? Sheesh! Oh, and I don't have any stickers on my Z, JDM or otherwise.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:25 AM
dkorr

So, because I don't like mixing stuff in my rice I get attacked? And I never claimed that only white people put stuff in their rice, btw. All I said was that the idea of putting soy sauce and margarine in my rice doesn't appeal to me personally.

For the record, I was born in England, grew up primarily in Canada, been to China once, Hong Kong 5 times, lived in HK for a year and a half, and speak fluent Cantonese. And you're right, I've seen Asians put stuff in their rice. I think chili paste and chili oil is more common than soy sauce. But in any case, I never made the claim that 'real' Asians don't put stuff in their rice. So why are you attacking me and calling me rice? Sheesh! Oh, and I don't have any stickers on my Z, JDM or otherwise.
jeeez... how did we go from smoking ricers to putting soy on rice?
Old 08-31-2006, 08:33 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dkorr
jeeez... how did we go from smoking ricers to putting soy on rice?
Hmmm...I've never tried smoking rice before....that any good? (the wandering just keeps on going..)
Old 08-31-2006, 10:05 AM
HDPDZO6

Not really attacking you, and apologies for not wording my post better. Just pisses me off when I read idiotic, racist comments like the one earlier posted by...
Originally Posted by ZedNewbie
Only white people put soy sauce on rice btw
. I imagine that because it's Asian on White comments its acceptable. Imagine the outrage if someone posted something like "Only black people eat watermelons; Only Mexican eat tacos, etc."

It racist and ignorant, pure and simple and I don't tolerate it.

Again my apologies to you, as I did not mean to attack you.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:11 AM
streetracer

At ease guys! Let the love flow. We are all Z lovers, and thats what counts.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:19 AM
semtex

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Not really attacking you, and apologies for not wording my post better. Just pisses me off when I read idiotic, racist comments like the one earlier posted by...
. I imagine that because it's Asian on White comments its acceptable. Imagine the outrage if someone posted something like "Only black people eat watermelons; Only Mexican eat tacos, etc."

It racist and ignorant, pure and simple and I don't tolerate it.

Again my apologies to you, as I did not mean to attack you.
No worries. And you're right about "reverse" racism/stereotyping. It's a very valid point. Peace, bro.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:43 AM
kcobean

No worries. And you're right about "reverse" racism/stereotyping. It's a very valid point. Peace, bro.
So if it's directed at a white person, how come it's "reverse racism" and not just plain "racism"? Get it right.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:02 AM
semtex

Originally Posted by kcobean
So if it's directed at a white person, how come it's "reverse racism" and not just plain "racism"? Get it right.
It is just plain racism. That's why I put "reverse" in quotation marks to indicate that I meant it tongue in cheek. The very phrase "reverse racism" is racist as it implies that racism only flows one way. I just didn't feel like complicating the thread even more with something that's not even on topic. Didn't mean to offend.

Last edited by semtex; 08-31-2006 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:57 AM
ZedNewbie

How did I become labeled as a racist? All I did was make a comment which rang true from my personal experience. I ran a business in Korea and lived and traveled in Southeast Asia for three years. I've never seen native Koreans or Japanese people put soy sauce directly on to white rice as a condiment, but I see plenty of my friends here in the States do it. That is all. If I offended anyone by that comment, I apologize.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Blue_Z

lol i feel for you man, i dont understand why this is such a touchy topic all of a sudden...

if you don't mind me asking, i'm curious as to what your background is HDPD350Z?
Old 08-31-2006, 12:20 PM
kcobean

It is just plain racism. That's why I put "reverse" in quotation marks to indicate that I meant it tongue in cheek. The very phrase "reverse racism" is racist as it implies that racism only flows one way. I just didn't feel like complicating the thread even more with something that's not even on topic. Didn't mean to offend.
LOL...It's ok, I'm a white guy, I'm not allowed to be offended, it would be politically incorrect.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:23 PM
dkorr

no joke though. have you guys watched joy luck club back in the 90s? there was this white dude is dating an asian chick at her family's house. when the mom brought out the dish she 'insulted her own dish' (chinese custom) by saying it wasnt tasty enough. so the white boyfriend poured soy sauce all over the dish (which was actually fine the way it is). the mom was shocked.

i laughed pretty hard when i watched that. total newbie.

but lets get back to RICERS.... not RICE eaters.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:25 PM
semtex

I think HDPD350Z's just a little sick of how it always seems to be okay for minorities to stereotype whites, but it's not okay for whites to stereotype minorities. And he has a point. I mean, I'm Chinese, and I know that when I hear the stereotype that all Asians make bad drivers, it pisses me off, because that's just such a blatant and untrue generalization. Yet, when people say stuff like 'only white folks do xyz', it's supposed to be okay.

Case in point -- Chris Rock, in one of his routines, made a crack about white people eating Mayonaisse sandwiches. Granted he had just finished trashing blacks, but still, nobody got offended. What would happen if Jerry Seinfeld made a crack about blacks eating watermelon? He'd have the likes of Al Sharpton all over him denouncing him as a racist, that's what.

In any case, this entire thing has been blown out of proportion. Let's get back to talking about how we all deal with 'ricers' who want to race us with their crap-mobiles.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:30 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Back on Track, whoever owns this Z, is labeled RICE!

Old 08-31-2006, 05:09 PM
zownz

Originally Posted by zand02max
Back on Track, whoever owns this Z, is labeled RICE!

oh good god...you think he gets HBO with that?
I also heard that they come with a built in wireless card and you get all the free satelite you want

Last edited by zownz; 08-31-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:34 PM
bizcotch

i usually look the other way. however a couple time i got pissed at those dumb a$$es therefore,pulled my window down while sittin at the light and asked them if they were willing to bet their car or a beat down. both times they quit their foolishness and went their merry way going under the speed limit. Its not worth wrecking your Z for racing crap.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:31 AM
ZTheWayILook

Originally Posted by Blue_Z
I let them cut me off, then I snap their pic and post it on the internet for everyone to see...

+10 to you buddy. Thats comedy.

Quick Reply: how do you guys deal with annoying ricers?