Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Rednecks hating on my Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 09:02 AM
MagicPie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bailey bill
Actually, 35 states have "shall issue" laws in place. That means permits will be issued to law-abiding citizens without them having to justify why they want one.

Most other states also have provisions for permit issuance, but may require the applicant to show cause why they need/want a carry permit.

http://www.packing.org/state/

Fortunately NC is a "shall issue" state, and I hold a permit. But I find my Z has very limited options regarding where to keep a weapon. Mine has the "organizer" that fits over the passenger seat, and conceals the pocket built into the back of the seat. I keep it there, although accessing it is somewhat awkward.

bill
I have a small 4 round .38 in the popup on the center arm reste, but keep my .45 kimber holster to make back side, Its kimber's smallest frame .45 so Its not really uncomfortable while driving. There really no good place to keep it in the Z.
Didnt relieze that many states issue permits

Going back the SQ40 statement about people fimilar with guns, I agree its simply a tool, and dont think about it much despite the fact its nearly always with me.
Also some people confuse gun carriers as trigger happy non responsable people, but must are well trained, safe and rarely ever use their guns, in fact I have many guns but none of them have ever shot anything other then paper targets, and bottles. Plus shooting paper targets is fun and makes for good stress release.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:35 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bailey bill
Actually, 35 states have "shall issue" laws in place. That means permits will be issued to law-abiding citizens without them having to justify why they want one.

Most other states also have provisions for permit issuance, but may require the applicant to show cause why they need/want a carry permit.

http://www.packing.org/state/

Fortunately NC is a "shall issue" state, and I hold a permit. But I find my Z has very limited options regarding where to keep a weapon. Mine has the "organizer" that fits over the passenger seat, and conceals the pocket built into the back of the seat. I keep it there, although accessing it is somewhat awkward.

bill
I have mine in a holster and it clips nicely to the passenger seat pocket, within easy reach if needed.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Life Goes On

Originally Posted by sq40
Legally, If he had to actually shoot someone, Retreating to your home an attempting to escape the agressors would make a much easier self defense case than just stopping on the street to confront someone.

Thats true to a point, i know where your going with that. But then again, he didnt have to use it and now 3 people that had a gun pulled out on him knows where he lives, and if there crazy enough to try and run somone off the road and throw hick bottles at his car who knows what they might do now. Having to pull off the road in your own neighborhood and doing what he did i wouldnt think being on his driveway would make a difference.

Last edited by Life Goes On; 09-07-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:49 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Originally Posted by Life Goes On
Thats true to a point, i know where your going with that. But then again, he didnt have to use it and know 3 people that had a gun pulled out on him knows where he lives, and if there crazy enough to try and run somone off the road and throw hick bottles at his car who knows what they might do now. Having to pull off the road in your own neighborhood and doing what he did i wouldnt think being on his driveway would make a difference.
I am gonna assume they were drunk and feeling 10 ft. tall, luckily not feeling bulletproof yet. Hopefully it's just chalked up to a lesson learned and they can go back to their farms and brag to the cows and chickens how they showed a guy in a foreign car what's up. . .minus the last part of what happened, lol.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:20 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by sq40
+1

You did the right thing. Once they exited the vehicle and begain to approach you it was clear they inteded to do you harm. Once they saw you were armed they stoped and retreated. There was no need for violence.
+2
Old 09-07-2006, 10:25 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonlee4180
Hmm...maybe I'm crazy, but why in the world would you even think about driving back to your home if you knew some hater was following you?!
I thought the same thing...But still glad everything turned out ok.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Eddie@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by jumpin800agl
They got back in their truck and said a few smart remarks as they were driving off. I am assuming they were drinking, because I gave no reason for them to harass me or anything. They tried to run me off the road, but couldn't get beside me on the road.

It reminds me of those kids in that movie Harold and Kumar goes to Whitecastle where those punk kids in that orange Bronco that were terrorizing everything.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:00 AM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have mine in a holster and it clips nicely to the passenger seat pocket, within easy reach if needed.
Yeah, that's basically the same arrangement I am using. But unless I keep the passenger seat pretty well forward, I find it rather awkward to snake my arm around behind the passenger seat.

I'm looking at putting together some arrangement that will allow me to secure a holster to the front of the drivers seat cushion. The seat cushion projects out over the frame, and a small handgun would really not be visible through the windows, but very accessible.

bill
Old 09-07-2006, 01:12 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hello,

I'll chime in now. jumpin800agl, I think it was smart of you to have pulled out when confronted with 3 a-holes. At that point, any judge would side with you. To whomever mentioned shooting them in the knee caps.. um..no. If they were to have advanced anymore, having been warned verbally to stop and/or showed ANY type of weapon, they needed to be destroyed. Anyone that's been trained with guns knows that when you pull your gun, you're doing so under the pretesnse that you are ready to destroy that person, in order to save your own life, and in doing so, you shoot to kill. Period.

For everyone that has posted about keeping their pistol in their car, and not on their person, I'd like to introduce an idea that hasn't been discussed here. What happens when (and I really hope this doesn't happen..ever!) someone suprises you at a stop light, drive-thru, parking lot, etc, by sticking his gun to your head? Do you think that you will then safely be able to reach for your hidden gun, no matter how accessible it is, then turning it on your attacker?

If your answer is yes, then wow, you've either placed your gun in a position (made some type of contraption that fixes your gun to the inside of the drivers door pointed up, etc) that's already pointed at your potential attackers body, head, etc, and can simply pull the trigger without handling the gun, or you're really not thinking straight.

If the answer is no, then after the attacker gets you out of your car, sans your gun, he then can drive off with your car, and all of it's posesions, including your gun. Also, even if you keep a gun on you, and one in your car, the attacker is still getting the one in the car.. I don't know about you, but my (CCW) Kimber 45 Ultra CDPII wasn't cheap.

My 2 yen is that I'd rather have my pistol on me, in my holster, concealed as it always is. Then, while being car jacked, I'm out of my car, WITH MY GUN, and am free to pull it if I feel my life is being threatened. Obviously I'm not going to shoot the attacker if he/she isn't pointing a weapon at me, nor am I going to shoot at the car as he/she speeds off in it, as there is no longer an immediete threat to my life. It's just a car at that point, and not worth spending a second being defended in criminal or civil court.

Obviously, my scenario applies to only States that offer CCW. But then, if you're allowed to keep your weapon inside of your drivers compartement, there's a good chance that you can get a CCW. Again, my 2 yen.... D.

Last edited by INTENSEPOWER; 09-07-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:34 PM
D_Rock

F**K thos **** holes! God I hate idiots like that.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Armando

I carry my walther p99 wherever I go, but I have never had to pull it out on someone. Hopefully they will not come back armed...just watch your back when your home.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:01 PM
zpeedDemon

Now they know where you live.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Kolia

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, what a story!
Old 09-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Takfire

Good work resolving the situation.
A little disturbing that it's in GA and too close to home.
I hope that was not around the Newnan area.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Z_rican

*** holes. Good thing that you pulled your weapon out. I would of donr the same thing.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:09 PM
rich harris

this is why I carry a 9mm..... u shouldnt have gone home, stop at a local 7-11 or something first..a lot of cameras make better witness...glad that ur ok but remember, now you have to watch ur back and the safety of ur home and fam...It should be reported to the local police just in case...

Last edited by rich harris; 09-07-2006 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:32 PM
NewJerZ

<<Sings

"I gotta Shotgun in between the Strut Bar of my Zeeee...In case I need it
..it's there for meeee..."

"Don't push me redneccckk.....Cuz I'll pop da Hatchbackkkk and blast you full of double ought buckkkk...and yo *** will be plumb outta luucckkk...YEAAAAHH!"
Old 09-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Casanova

Can u plz take a pic man? of it in the holster -- i gotta see this gangsta Z hehe
Old 09-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Vader007

Sorry that happened to you, you did the right thing, they shoudnt **** with you again!
By the way, you do live in Redneck USA, gotta expect that **** down there.
The further south I drive, the stupider people get. (no offense)
Old 09-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Casanova

OK OK IM GETTING A GUN LICENSE -- -

These are the guns I can get in australia - -- i basically want a hand held 9mm or wateva---

Please can u guys choose the best weapon/gun??

http://www.potfire.com.au/plist/default.htm

Quick Reply: Rednecks hating on my Z