Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Do you get harassed in your Z? Try these

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GFrnk69
Why do most Z owners think they're Z is the best car around? First off if someone has a Ferrari i doubt they would even acknowledge you let alone rag on you, secoundly a Ferrari ***** on a Z in every way possible, not even the same class. I'd take a Ferrari ANY day of the week over a Nissan. And it makes no sense why some Z owners would clown on a car that is more expensive i.e the S2000, OBVIOUSLY the s2k owner could have bought a Z with money to spare and cheaper insurance but he didnt want a Z so dont hate him, or else he'll sell his s2k buy a Z and mod it up with the extra money left over and smoke u.
O RLY?
Old 09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
SergEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea everyones heard of the car salesman that makes 500k a year from selling cars but no one has actually meet one, on average car salesman don't make too much which is one there is a high turn over rate for dealerships. Each dealership has 50+ guys on point yelling ups a mile away.

What's the requirements to work at a dealership? A sales license that takes 30mins to get.
I can introduce you to a live salesman who made on just his sales income 220K and more from his investments -- but we will stick to just his poor sales job selling cars and only making 200k+

Those who actually can sell and know what the hell they are talking about make money ---- your joe average wanna be who is clueless will be gone in a matter of hours --- yes hours I have seen as little as 5 hours on the point before a noob gives up

I am on target for about probably only 60K-70K maybe a little more if I can hustle in the coming months --- and I only have been back selling since the back half of march ---- with a full year and building up clients 90-100K should be easy for a good salesman who hustles

If a guy off the street picks up a book, takes a series 7 exam and gets his securities license does that mean he is going to make any real money?

Nothing in sales is guranteed which is why, if your good at it, you can make some real money

Dont give me that BS about the car business not having any money in it when I see 25K paychecks AFTER taxes for one month --- work smart and youll be rewarded --- our GM started as a porter washing cars --- now he runs our store and makes tons of money --- without a degree --- I wouldnt begin to guess but probably 400K+yr or more

But you make more than the piddly sales guys on the line so what do you care right

Get over yourself chief
Old 09-13-2006, 09:51 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
Z owner to another Z owner: How's it feel to see more of us on the road everyday.
Fukin pwned!!! SO TRUE!

Screw dissing people, the trend is to harrass other Z drivers.

(03-04 350z) - "How's the feather....I mean weather??"
(Perf, Touring, Track) - "Are you handicap? what's up with the VDC?"
(Base model) - "No HID's? you cheap bastard."
(Woman Z driver) - "Boyfriend's car?"
(Latte sippin Z driver) - "pfff....Way to wuss out on your Automatic!"
(Z Roadster) - "Please keep the top down you poser"
(06 bugeyed Z's) - "Shiet, gain some weight lately??"

(this is all joking of course...no need to flame. )
Old 09-13-2006, 10:06 PM
GFrnk69

Originally Posted by SergEK
I can introduce you to a live salesman who made on just his sales income 220K and more from his investments -- but we will stick to just his poor sales job selling cars and only making 200k+

Those who actually can sell and know what the hell they are talking about make money ---- your joe average wanna be who is clueless will be gone in a matter of hours --- yes hours I have seen as little as 5 hours on the point before a noob gives up

I am on target for about probably only 60K-70K maybe a little more if I can hustle in the coming months --- and I only have been back selling since the back half of march ---- with a full year and building up clients 90-100K should be easy for a good salesman who hustles

If a guy off the street picks up a book, takes a series 7 exam and gets his securities license does that mean he is going to make any real money?

Nothing in sales is guranteed which is why, if your good at it, you can make some real money

Dont give me that BS about the car business not having any money in it when I see 25K paychecks AFTER taxes for one month --- work smart and youll be rewarded --- our GM started as a porter washing cars --- now he runs our store and makes tons of money --- without a degree --- I wouldnt begin to guess but probably 400K+yr or more

But you make more than the piddly sales guys on the line so what do you care right

Get over yourself chief
Ok ur going overboard, firstly how do u know how much i make? 2nd i was only busting ur *****, 3rd u should read up on Joe Girard he was the greatest car salesman ever, he sold cars retail not fleet btw. Selling cars isnt for everyone some ppl make outragoues numbers some dont make ****. Your making 60k this years thats pretty good, how many hours u work per week? 60-80? 12 hour shifts on the weekends? Dont be happy that you dont need a degree to sale cars that just means ANY one could join and IF everyone did join well...
Old 09-13-2006, 10:23 PM
J.Diddy.Yo

You guys all sound like 14 year old girls arguing amongst each other...

I have not heard one solid convincing argument in this whole thread-

If you guys weren't so insecure with yourselves and your job titles you wouldn't even worry about the 'status' of your cars. I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading in this thread.

Last edited by J.Diddy.Yo; 09-13-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:38 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Casanova
No No... if u pass next to a FERRARI just say:

"Man... isnt that a Replica?"
I think I'd say:

"My ***** is still bigger than yours."

Haha, jk.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:51 AM
robbycolli

Originally Posted by Z MANIA
Forget SRT4's. I had a regular old Dodge Neon revin' at me tonight. Today at work, I got the "Good Person" Award. The guy in the shop across from me has a Boxster. I complimented him on his car and he replied... "I almost got a Z, but I had to get the ultimate". Since I knew that my poor little Z could kick his "ultimate" Boxster's $50,000 arsh, I was forced to shut up and just keep on walking...but with the biggest grin ever.
That dude with the Boxster is a punk himself. Good of you to let him slide on that one. Now in that case it would be dificult to hold my tounge.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:56 AM
Spec_Tacular

How about "nice car does it come in mens?"
Old 09-14-2006, 05:56 AM
robbycolli

Originally Posted by Casanova
LOL wtf r u talking about man... the Z is like the cheap sports car... and its ok to have when you are under 23 - i have a really nice 05 touring Z .. but i dont think its the best car lol wtf
Casanova - this comment is rediculous. I assume you mean those older than 23 should drive something nicer than a Z. Are you in med school? How do you know your future car will be nicer than a Z? What should "old people" drive? Punks...
Old 09-14-2006, 06:03 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robbycolli
If you are being harassed in your Z you are probably acting like a punk, hanging out in the wrong places, or hanging out with punks.

... or need to put some weight on - work out more.

Nobody has ever "harassed" me any where, at any time.

Rather than spread the hate why not just thank the person for identifying themselves as a shallow idiot more concerned about what car their butt sits in rather than their contributions to society. When people tell me "nice car" I thank them but just tell them it's a simple car payment, a check written once a month (one more to go!), and they're for sale everywhere.

Humble isn't a bad thing.

You should never be proud of anything you can buy.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:38 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Spec_Tacular
How about "nice car does it come in mens?"

amyways, to the dudes hating on z owners who hate on other cars....

I know our cars arent the greatest in the world but who the @#$ are you to tell us we can't think that way? We paid our 30K just like you and if we want to say our cars are the best in the world than so be it. As for dissing other cars.. wtf not? If your a man, you know guys are competitive, We like to argue about sports, cars, chode size.. etc etc. now , if one of you cant handle this then im sure u can go buy a VW bug so you can go talk about will and grace, purses, and whatever at your next tea party.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:07 AM
robbycolli

Originally Posted by Paul350Z

Rather than spread the hate why not just thank the person for identifying themselves as a shallow idiot more concerned about what car their butt sits in rather than their contributions to society. When people tell me "nice car" I thank them but just tell them it's a simple car payment, a check written once a month (one more to go!), and they're for sale everywhere.

Very well said!
Old 09-14-2006, 07:14 AM
PDX_Racer

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul350Z

Very well said!
+1

The only "trouble" I have is with those pesky RX-8 drivers in B Stock...
Old 09-14-2006, 03:26 PM
SergEK

Ok ur going overboard, firstly how do u know how much i make? 2nd i was only busting ur *****, 3rd u should read up on Joe Girard he was the greatest car salesman ever, he sold cars retail not fleet btw. Selling cars isnt for everyone some ppl make outragoues numbers some dont make ****. Your making 60k this years thats pretty good, how many hours u work per week? 60-80? 12 hour shifts on the weekends? Dont be happy that you dont need a degree to sale cars that just means ANY one could join and IF everyone did join well...
Skill is skill

Anyone can swing a bat and catch a ball -- do you think MLB players are worried? Not really --- skill, talent are not equal some have more than others

Your little after my job title was a personal attack on what I do -- did you think I was gonna sit back and let it ride --- uh no

Frankly I could care how much you make or anybody else --- I dont bother with tax returns when talking to people and I dont size people up based on what they do --- it seems you try to

But if your gonna sit back and make a crack at car salespeople look in the mirror --- your title says sales too

Degrees are great, but far too often the paper they recieve makes them think they are better than someone else --- news flash --- you sat down, got spoon fed some material and then recited it on a test --- trained monkeys can do that too

Executing your knowledge and turning into $$$ is another skill altogether --- does having a degree help, of course, your trainable --- does it guarantee anything --- nope

As far as the "hating" its in good fun anyway --- I doubt many Z owners go around even talking to other car owners and ragging on them ---- if you cant take a joke than end yourself before you get your feelings hurt
Old 09-14-2006, 03:32 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just wear a helmet and nomex coveralls. No one will screw with you.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:36 PM
BMW_2_350z

If you are being harassed in your Z you are probably acting like a punk, hanging out in the wrong places, or hanging out with punks.
True. Its the driver, not the car, 95% of the time.

Although, for no reason, a homeless gentleman crossed in front of me at a red light and gave me the finger, and called me a p#ssy... at first I was pissed, then I realized I was listening to techno, driving a BMW, and had obnoxious white sunglasses on. The bum was right.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Tsyle

Originally Posted by Salamander
I had a guy tailing me a while back maybe a month ago. I had got too many tickets and it was a friday night with a lot of police officers pulling people over, so I didn't want to race. Well this guy behind me in a 3000GT wouldn't let up. It was a two lane road and the speed limit was 50, so finally I got fed up with it and got into the right lane. He pulls up and he had one of his friends in the passenger side and I hear him say jesus ****ing christ it's a little kid. Now I'm 20 years old and weigh 112 lbs and am 5'8", so I don't actually look my age. I was listening to Adagio For Strings by Tiesto and this dude looks at me and says to his friend "dumb f***ers listening to techno." At this point I turned the music down and said "what you don't like the music". I was thinking of coming back by telling him he won't have to worry about the music since I was going to leave his *** in the dust(I wish I had another one bites the dust playing). But this dude shocks the hell out of me by saying "what are you a fa*g*t, listening to that sh*@". I looked at him and replied "I don't know, why don't get on your knees and suck my dick, then I'll let you know whether I like it or not." Red light turns green Z beats 3000GT.

haha i gotta love this post... people who bag on trance pisses me off. i'm an ALL TRANCE guy
Old 09-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Casanova

LOL..... Fck Tiesto - Go Nik Fish

btw i didnt mean anything by that comment i made - just get pissed off when ppl ask "why do u ppl think the Z is the best car"
Old 09-14-2006, 06:22 PM
zdotcom

For new Eclipses...Hey, don't sports cars have REAR wheel drive?
Old 09-14-2006, 07:04 PM
robbycolli

Originally Posted by SergEK
Skill is skill

Anyone can swing a bat and catch a ball -- do you think MLB players are worried? Not really --- skill, talent are not equal some have more than others

Your little after my job title was a personal attack on what I do -- did you think I was gonna sit back and let it ride --- uh no

Frankly I could care how much you make or anybody else --- I dont bother with tax returns when talking to people and I dont size people up based on what they do --- it seems you try to

But if your gonna sit back and make a crack at car salespeople look in the mirror --- your title says sales too

Degrees are great, but far too often the paper they recieve makes them think they are better than someone else --- news flash --- you sat down, got spoon fed some material and then recited it on a test --- trained monkeys can do that too

Executing your knowledge and turning into $$$ is another skill altogether --- does having a degree help, of course, your trainable --- does it guarantee anything --- nope

As far as the "hating" its in good fun anyway --- I doubt many Z owners go around even talking to other car owners and ragging on them ---- if you cant take a joke than end yourself before you get your feelings hurt
You are right that degrees don't make people more wealthy or successful, but putting down college is foolish. Some people can handle college and some people can't. I'm happy for your alleged success, but from your posts it appears that you missed several social skills that I picked up in college.

AT 60-70 grand/year, with no responsibilities like family or colleges loans, you must own your own place or have big savings account and that is impressive. If not you probably paid for your car in cash, yes?

Oh yeah, almost forgot, when you are 22 and others your age are talking about their college accomplishments and degrees you can remind them of your 4 years experience as a used car salesman.

I'm just upset that you would talk about what you have not done so negitively I dont really think college is for everyone or that everyone needs college. I also don't believe that a degree just proves you "are trainable."

Quick Reply: Do you get harassed in your Z? Try these