Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z or Evo IX MR???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 06:42 AM
iknowitsfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FormulaRX
Evo's don't really stand out even with the wing on the back. There's something about 4-door cars that no matter what you do to them, their lines are still not as good as a two door coupe. Don't get me wrong, the Evo is an awesome car but I'd rather have the Z for the engine note alone.
+1!!!!! I keep saying that over and over....the exhaust note on the Z added with the looks just screams attention from hot chicks around the globe! lol
Old 09-21-2006, 06:47 AM
z-u-later

EVO = 4 boys
Z = 4 men/women [+ chick magnet]
Old 09-21-2006, 07:21 AM
ANXIOUZ

Originally Posted by alex12
Don't forget about the interior and build quality. Evo's interior is crap, if you care that is. Also, their build quality and customer service sucks.
This isn't a valid argument. I don't think anyone here can claim that the Z's interior is A+ either. Both cars have issues. I think it's just that the base Lancer layout makes the EVO's interior look more econo. And Nissan isn't exactly pro-customer either although the company as a whole is doing much better and isn't likely to suddenly go bankrupt.

When I see an EVO on the street I like what I see. I really do. But the Z is a better fit for my personality. And another big factor is the people who drive the car. The Z crowd (overall) seems to be a bit older and more akin to the kinds of people I want to hang out with.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:34 AM
woodstock300s

i have a Z now and i plan to buy an evo in a couple of yrs(and still keep the Z of course...i was in the same situation...i wanted both...so thats what i'll do...just not at the same time
Old 09-21-2006, 12:22 PM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evo are nice fast cars, I like thier look and performance, but when I actually drove one around the twisties I couldnt help but feel like a turbo'd cereal box. In strait line I loved trying to peal my self of the seat. I dont know... I could have got an evo for the price I paid for the Z but the Z is just so much better IMO. I prefer RWD, I like the fact the the car only has two seats, and not to mention the Z is hands down better looking than 98% of cars out there.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speaking of the MR, I've got one that parks right in front of me at the Condo. It's not bad, but it's still a 4-Door. It's charcoal grey with what looks like 17" BBS rims. It's serious looking, but not sexy.

If you want the better performing car out of the BOX get the EVO. But don't expect to get a lot of looks, expect the stink eye from the average person. Because IMO, the average person expects a tool behind the wheel, with something to prove to the world, lol.

Now if you want wow, get the Z. Get a new Base model Z and throw some decent rims on it, of course with the spare change. You will turn more heads than you can count. With no mods your overall performance will only be fractions of a second different. Does that really matter...? IMO, only if you're life revolves around racing

GL,
Zquicksilver

Last edited by Zquicksilver; 09-21-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:40 PM
35oZephyR

So where are pics of the new EVO MR? Did you get it yet?
Old 09-21-2006, 06:52 PM
The MVPlaya

Most people on this site aren't enthusiasts, therefore telling you to go with the Z.

What is your price difference for the 2?
Old 09-21-2006, 07:00 PM
HighwaySpeed

Exclamation

350Z = SPORTS CAR

EVO =
Old 09-21-2006, 07:20 PM
FormulaRX

just remember...if it has 4 doors, it's not a sports car plus I buy cars for MYSELF and no one else. With 4 doors, you always have people who want to bum rides off you
Old 09-21-2006, 09:31 PM
daz311x

Originally Posted by HighwaySpeed
350Z = SPORTS CAR

EVO = High Performance Sedan
fixed
Old 09-21-2006, 10:27 PM
LODOSS

if you want the best performance.. get the EVO.. if you want something more sophisticated looking then get the Z.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:03 AM
rAiN

get an evo.
i dont want to see another z on the road
Old 09-22-2006, 05:34 AM
mahont

Originally Posted by Zquicksilver
Because IMO, the average person expects a tool behind the wheel, with something to prove to the world, lol.

GL,
Zquicksilver
Haha

I like the MR. I agree the Z has much better styling and is a sports car, but the MR is still a pretty cool car. I took a ride in one a few weeks ago and it was pretty damn quick with good handling. I think it would be funner to drive and much easier to make faster, but you don't get the looks of the Z. It all depends what you're into.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:46 AM
3000ways

You drive like a maniac on the streets- EVO IX

Stuck in traffic more than half of the time- 350Z, the EVO IX does feel a little sluggish off boost.

Transport more than two people often and a lot of misc. items- EVO IX, you'll be surprised at how comfortable and roomy the EVO actually is.

Transport less than two people or have other cars to transport people- 350Z

Like to impress friends and family with a sporty like interior- 350Z, only the seats impress people when it comes my EVO IX.

Often partake in racing events such as drag, autocross, and etc.- EVO IX

Good dealership customer service and warranty service- 350Z, if you mod your EVO IX, good luck.

Realibility- Equal, if you keep your EVO stock you'll have really nothing to worry about, and if something does go wrong, you'll be backed by the dealership. But the pull to mod the EVO is very strong, and the EVO makes power very easily. Which can lead to the higher possibility of things breaking. Like I said good luck getting dealerships covering your modded EVO. You could get lucky and have an awesome and friendly dealer, but most of us aren't so lucky. But hey you've been warned and it's still a chance that 99% of us EVO owners are willing to take. See I told you the pull to mod is strong with the EVO.

Like to modify cars- EVO IX, hands down, unless you go FI'd with your 350Z, then things get very interesting

Cost of modifications vs. gains- EVO IX, very cheap to mod this car and the gains vs. mods is very impressive, not Supra impressive, but for a 4-Banger it's pretty impressive. I spent less than $1,000 and my IX is pushing over 300WHP.

Like attention while driving- Well about the same IMO, the 350Z is a better looking car, but there are just so many on the road in SoCal. The EVO on the other hand does draw attention, but usually from a younger crowd. Still the people who know the EVO do respect it.

Resale- EVO IX, I only say this because you live in SoCal, where you may be selling your Z for $23K and realize there are over 30 other used Zs for sell for less.

IMO, both cars are great, but it mostly depends on what you are looking for out a vehicle.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:54 AM
ANXIOUZ

Good points. Is your RS your daily driver? How big a factor is not having ABS?
Old 09-22-2006, 07:27 AM
rotaZ

you all have great valid points.

keep them coming...
Old 09-22-2006, 07:54 AM
3000ways

Originally Posted by ANXIOUZ
Good points. Is your RS your daily driver? How big a factor is not having ABS?
Yes my RS is my daily driver. Not having ABS is not really a big issue, the car still stops on a dime, just not as good as the MR or GSR EVO. One thing about the RS I have noticed is that it doesn't seem as stable as the other models at high speeds, I guess the spoiler does have its benefits, but I have taken the car to speeds just over 140mph and had no issues.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:30 AM
gabez33

LOL yeah those recaro seat are bad a$$
Old 09-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Cannysage

It's all about looks over anything else. Z, hands down.

Quick Reply: 350Z or Evo IX MR???