Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Not a single wave returned from a Z driver...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Armitage
We need Z-gang signs y0!

Old 09-22-2006, 07:55 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
Most folks probably think,
"I have a hot car, but you and the last three Z's that just passed me are taking away my attention!!"

It was fun to wave back in the day, but nowadays my hands would never be on the steering wheel if I waved at all the Z's.

Modded ones only.
Stock Z's are dead to me.
Yeah ... me too ... just too many of them now. That will be good when I need parts in the future.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:25 PM
JhayRCruz

man...i know what u mean! Sometimes i dont even wave anymore to fellow z owners cause i might look stupid doing it lol. I dont get a wave, a honk, nor a nod but watever!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Jenn350Z

If you want waves then buy a motorcycle!

EVERYONE waves at each other ALL the time!!
Old 09-22-2006, 11:56 PM
bobstaff147

In my experience Z's are not rare enough to rate many waves. I used to have a 3000GT and as far as I can know there 3 in the town where I live and we'd wave at each other when passing.

I now own a 350z and I'd guess there are probably 30-40 in town, and mostly we don't wave.

I'm not saying the 3000GT was some rare supercar car, like a Ferrari or anything, but for whatever reason there were fewer of them in town.

I really liked both cars but prefer the Z (it is 10 years on in technology) and I get many more compliments from people when I'm parked at the gas station or wherever, but the Z is just not rare enough to get the wave thing going.

I've also noticed that most of the 350Z drivers I've talked to locally are not "car people", they just bought a car they thought was cool (and they're right), but they probably can not distinguish it from a Porsche or or that matter from a VW bug, so how are they going to know which cars to wave at.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:41 AM
azula

i have a lot of Z pride so i make sure i wave...if they don't pay attention i honk....some laugh and some roll up their windows and drive away really fast...but my turbo allows me to catch up to them and wave frantically some more! lolol.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:01 AM
350zz053

Originally Posted by Z MANIA
I read this 3 times and I'm still confused (gay?). If I wanted my wallet to be empty and still with a condom in my pocket, I would take the hottie in the BMW Z4. If I wanted to get some, I'd pick the hottie in the Buick Regal and probably have some cash left over for another mod. Is this what you meant or am I gay?

I guess thats the differnce between us. I would bang the girl in the z4...oh and condoms shouldnt be stored in your wallet...read the box
Old 09-23-2006, 10:59 AM
HighwaySpeed

Talking

Drive to a beach, you'll get a lot of waves.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Originally Posted by HighwaySpeed
Drive to a beach, you'll get a lot of waves.
Yup when I was still in NC and we'd go cruising up and down the strip in Myrtle I'd always get stares and waves.

Actually had a chic who was part of some HS senior trip ask for a ride and gave me her number lol

Now I get the neck snap from kids and random passengers when I roll to a stop lol
Old 09-23-2006, 01:55 PM
khyber

Originally Posted by Combat350z
Yup when I was still in NC and we'd go cruising up and down the strip in Myrtle I'd always get stares and waves.

Actually had a chic who was part of some HS senior trip ask for a ride and gave me her number lol

Now I get the neck snap from kids and random passengers when I roll to a stop lol
Do they have a "that joke went over your head" emoticon?
Old 09-25-2006, 06:01 AM
Vicynax

I got Z waves, celica waves, lambo wave, ferrari wave, evo/sti glares when I had my body kit and crap. Now that it's stock, people just ignore me
Old 09-25-2006, 06:05 AM
abyss

Originally Posted by 350zz053
are you gay? no disrespect...Everyone is self conscious. Answer this one honestly, If there was two identicle females, same personality, body, everything the same...But one drove a bmw z4...and the other a 1989 buick regal...which one would you pick? And just bc you have a nice car doesnt mean thats the only reason your getting girls. I mean it does give you the one up, bc thats one of the first thing women notice (looks), whether its you or your car...looks mean a lot.

Oh for the last few weeks i havent got any waves or high beam flashes from other Z drivers. But during the summer i got them all the time...its a good feeling
the one with the bigger back seat. duh oh well bye bye BMW
Old 09-25-2006, 06:57 AM
Brocken

Originally Posted by Jenn350Z
If you want waves then buy a motorcycle!

EVERYONE waves at each other ALL the time!!
I guess you missed the part where I said I have a bike...

I don't expect it to be like a motorcycle where everybody waves. Just one wave back would be nice. Instead I get people looking at me like I'm crazy. I waved at a girl driving a Z last week and she just gave me this strange look.
I get looks back from everybody but other Z drivers. Lot's of rubberneckers. I guess Z owners are immune to the Z's coolness....haha
Old 09-25-2006, 08:03 AM
dkorr

I use to wave at other Z drivers. But after a while of 'non-response' I stopped acknowledging other Zs too. I understand I wouldnt get much of a response from old farts and women, but even Z enthusiasts/modded ones dont give the thumbs up.

.... even bus drivers wave at other bus drivers
Old 09-25-2006, 08:57 AM
efx

Originally Posted by Vicynax
I got Z waves, celica waves, lambo wave, ferrari wave, evo/sti glares when I had my body kit and crap. Now that it's stock, people just ignore me

hmmm... i need a bodykit
Old 09-25-2006, 09:08 AM
BigRez
Banned

when i start going out with a girl i make sure that before i ask her out she doesnt know what i drive. too many z owners period that just like the z ride sell your cars!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Forrest80

me and my friend at our work both have Z's he has a silverstone and i got a PPW and we come and go at different times and we flash our lights at each other heheh kind of sad but hey its respect!

Every other Z i did it to on the road who i dont know, never a flash back.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Combat350z
Banned

Originally Posted by khyber
Do they have a "that joke went over your head" emoticon?
lol I got it the first time but figured I'd add something else to it.

Waves haha funny funny lol To bad my Z can't surf
Old 09-25-2006, 10:35 AM
jtabraham

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobstaff147
In my experience Z's are not rare enough to rate many waves. I used to have a 3000GT and as far as I can know there 3 in the town where I live and we'd wave at each other when passing.

I now own a 350z and I'd guess there are probably 30-40 in town, and mostly we don't wave.

I'm not saying the 3000GT was some rare supercar car, like a Ferrari or anything, but for whatever reason there were fewer of them in town.

I really liked both cars but prefer the Z (it is 10 years on in technology) and I get many more compliments from people when I'm parked at the gas station or wherever, but the Z is just not rare enough to get the wave thing going.

I've also noticed that most of the 350Z drivers I've talked to locally are not "car people", they just bought a car they thought was cool (and they're right), but they probably can not distinguish it from a Porsche or or that matter from a VW bug, so how are they going to know which cars to wave at.

Completely agree with you. I owned a stealth previously (albeit a base), but every 3000GT and Stealth would wave to me as I passed (and I to them). Didn't matter if it was a beat up 91 Stealth, or a 99 modded out the *** VR4...they always showed some love.

I think in that case the 3S community is a little more close-knit because the car is older, and really being bought for performance or price. When you get into the forums, it deals more with people making repairs rather than modifications, so I think there is less cockiness and a little more camraderie. I have a feeling that as the Z33 ages though, we'll begin to see the same thing.

...I wave to every Z and G, and the wave back count is at zero. Usually the youger drivers, instead of waving will just try blowing past me on the highway...we're in the same car dude!
Old 09-25-2006, 10:52 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brocken
I guess Z owners are immune to the Z's coolness....haha
Naw, they're just butthurt that you have their same car.

Remember: not every Z owner is on this forum, or care what we think.

I say, time for some Z on Z crime.

Quick Reply: Not a single wave returned from a Z driver...