2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

the dark force is calling

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 06:37 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bizcotch
Hey guys, ive had my Z for a couple of years now. love the car but have recently been attracted to the new Mustang GT. saw a black one the other day and ever since could not resist the thoughts of trading my baby for the V8. How can i get rid of these evil thoughts.
+1, except I was leaning towards the GT500
Old 09-23-2006, 06:43 AM
JoneZZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...have recently been attracted to the new Mustang GT. saw a black one the other day and ever since could not resist the thoughts of trading my baby for the V8. How can i get rid of these evil thoughts.
........Just go FI and you will forget all about that alphabet soup out there(GT,SRT,SVT,C5,C6,EVO, STI, AMG, M3).
Old 09-23-2006, 07:49 AM
woodstock300s

yea....we just need the last letter lol
Old 09-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Crimso

Default Horses for courses

I've always been a Mustang guy, since I got my '70 in '72. Great car for a 16 yr. old. With a 2V 302 I was always getting toasted by the Chevys, but it was really easy to drive when stoned (hey, that was then....). Then I got a '67 with motor. Great fun. When I bought my '89 GT convertable I couldn't belive they would sell one to just anybody. It was fast, powerful, comfortable, reliable... I put 135K on it with NO repairs, even after navigating the El Toro Y for years. My 2000 has 60K on it, with just one EGT failure (could it be the sustained high speeds driving up and down the 5?).

Mustangs are great at being Mustangs, which means many things to many people. And I'm a little sorry to my brothers in Detroit, Canada, and Mexico, who need me to "buy American". But for me, buying the Z was the right choice. The competence of the handling inspires me to drive with a precision not available in the Mustang. And my wife is happy to drive "her new mustang"! I just hope my oil consumption stops.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:58 PM
JCZ33

Stang's are a lot of fun for the buck, lots of aftermarket, lots of cool factor.

Different crowd of of folks though.

I prefer a Z.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:53 PM
adrianko43

You should wait for the new Chevy Mustang. They will probably have all the reliability problems fixed. or not.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My mom has had her Mustang for five years now and I think all I can remember is one bad headgasket and some tires that dry-rotted. Other than that, its been quite reliable.

Funny a bunch of Z owners bashing a car like that, considering its had quite a few of its own problems. Just food for thought. :shrug:
Old 09-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Demon Z

Mustangs are cheap horsepower. You'll get what you pay for.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:56 PM
Jcolman

Originally Posted by kdogg24
Mustangs are unrealiable. Anything Ford is something to stay away from. Just my 2 cents
I'd disagree with you. I've owned two Mustangs, one Explorer and a Probe GT. In addition I've owned a replica Shelby Cobra with a 351C engine. All five cars have been extremely reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Ford. However, I'm not trading my Z in on a Mustang just yet. As someone else said, they are two completely different cars.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:17 PM
bizcotch

Went to two local ford dealerships today. one of the dealerships had a black gt premium. Fell in love.....until i drove it. THis car feels like your driving a truck(high up). power was there, interior and smell was great but the suspension felt soft. Damn!! steering wheel was also as soft as my sentra's. Let me tell you though...engine bay looked easy to work in. Anyway..., loved the look and power feel but i think the Z feels quicker and more stable. Just felt good to walk away from and into my Z.
"I feel like i betrayed the republic my master"
Old 09-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Ianmtx

Don't get a mustang, everyone and their mom drives one.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:20 PM
kramykram

Originally Posted by adrianko43
You should wait for the new Chevy Mustang. They will probably have all the reliability problems fixed. or not.
i want a chevy mustang when do those hit the market and glad to see that mustang is a pos =). And yes mustangs are ok if you drive it like a 45 year old female they will last forever. i have owned 2 mustang gt's before i bought my 300zxtt and both motors slung a rod, it took finding out what over boosting was to see what a pos ford motors are. that vg30dett with 160k miles on it still ran good, no smoking, all original cept the boost gauge and boost controller. i hate fords. =) but that just me
Old 09-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Tzuten

Originally Posted by kdogg24
Mustangs are unrealiable. Anything Ford is something to stay away from. Just my 2 cents
Oh? Where do you get this information? The 5.0 Mustang was one of the most reliable powerplants you could get. The 4.6 Mustang was just about as reliable. The 4.6 powerplant could easily go over 200k miles with little problems (many police and taxi crown vics can attest to that).

Again, the whole notion of "American car = unreliable" is bunk.. I've owned 3 Mustangs before the Z and never had 1 problem with them. I had a supercharged Mach 1 that ran on a stock bottom end for 50k miles (until a truck ran into while parked at the Home Depot) with no problems.

Please quit with the uninformed comments, makes the Z community look ignorant..
Old 09-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Playboy's Z

only chicks drive mustangs man, unless there roushes or saleens, z gets way more looks and way more well you know what..
Old 09-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Tzuten

Originally Posted by Playboy's Z
only chicks drive mustangs man, unless there roushes or saleens, z gets way more looks and way more well you know what..
A car won't get you laid, if you need that... You got other issues. Maybe Lambos, Ferrari's and other expensive cars will get the girls. But a sub 30k car won't..
Old 09-24-2006, 09:44 AM
sinister350z

mustangs are like *******s.......everyone and their sister has one. I mean the styling looks much nicer than previous models but new camaro looks much sexier. Even the new challenger looks way way bbetter than a mustang. i love the styling of the Z though. You definatly will NOT i repeat will NOT get the female attention in the stang as u will in the Z, I mean if you like girls. I like girls so I drive a Z.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:26 PM
hekeke

new sheby gt500 is the answer man!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 01:41 PM
06Firebase

Cool

Originally Posted by Tzuten
Oh? Where do you get this information? The 5.0 Mustang was one of the most reliable powerplants you could get. The 4.6 Mustang was just about as reliable. The 4.6 powerplant could easily go over 200k miles with little problems (many police and taxi crown vics can attest to that).

Again, the whole notion of "American car = unreliable" is bunk.. I've owned 3 Mustangs before the Z and never had 1 problem with them. I had a supercharged Mach 1 that ran on a stock bottom end for 50k miles (until a truck ran into while parked at the Home Depot) with no problems.

Please quit with the uninformed comments, makes the Z community look ignorant..

I agree 100%.

I had a Mustang for years with no problems. Just wanted to upgrade, so I thought I'd give the "Z" a try. I love my new car, but the Mustang never had anywhere near the problems these 350Z's have.

Say what you want, but Ford has over 40 years experience building them, and they are extremely reliable machines.

All best,
Joe
Old 09-24-2006, 04:36 PM
MulhollandDrive

Hey guys, ive had my Z for a couple of years now. love the car but have recently been attracted to the new Mustang GT. saw a black one the other day and ever since could not resist the thoughts of trading my baby for the V8. How can i get rid of these evil thoughts.
I was shooting the breeze with a young kid with a Mustang GT last night. He thought my modded Z roadster was cool (black with stillen supercharger). He had underbody exterior lights, cams and ecu work on his GT and was asking about exhaust. We talked about running our cars at the drag strip next friday and I told him about the autocross track right near the drag strip. Bottom line is that car crazyness crosses generations and makes of performance cars. Just enjoy the passion.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:08 PM
S3R

Originally Posted by Armitage
My mom has had her Mustang for five years now and I think all I can remember is one bad headgasket and some tires that dry-rotted. Other than that, its been quite reliable.

Funny a bunch of Z owners bashing a car like that, considering its had quite a few of its own problems. Just food for thought. :shrug:
I think it's funny that Z owners are bashing the Mustang's resale value, when the last time I checked, the Z doesn't have **** for resale value either.

Quick Reply: the dark force is calling