Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Will she last.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006 | 04:28 PM
bailey bill

Originally Posted by Drift_corners
I like the way you think, but seriously i dont understand how anyone can take it easy on a car that sings like the VQ
That's my point. The car was designed to be driven hard. Why would anyone buy a high performance car and baby it?

bill
Old 10-10-2006 | 04:31 PM
Drift_corners

Please no one take offence to this, and im not some street racer kid, i dont race on the street. well not other cars. I'm not the fast and furious wana be. but most guys i see with Z's are either serious or old guys who dont know anything about fast
Old 10-11-2006 | 03:53 AM
bailey bill

Please no one take offence to this, and im not some street racer kid, i dont race on the street. well not other cars. I'm not the fast and furious wana be. but most guys i see with Z's are either serious or old guys who dont know anything about fast
What a silly thing to say.

I'm 64. I started building hot rods in my teens back in the 50's. I have owned Lotus', Porsches, Jags, a Maserati, an MR2 turbo, and now the 350. I've done lots of drag racing, and used to be very competative autocrosser.

I "know more about fast" than you ever dreamed about.

BTW, I have a an "old" buddy up the road with a blown 5.0 Mustang, and another "old" buddy with a '40 Ford pickup powered by a 350 small block.

bill

Last edited by bailey bill; 10-11-2006 at 03:56 AM.
Old 10-11-2006 | 04:32 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?
Premier Member

well im only 18 now, so 10 years from now ill still have it. and i love it there is sentimental value, i raped my first porsche in her. I love the Z it almost hurts some days i look at her. I can't even belive its mine. Its so beautifull. And with some more mods it will be my personality in a car. Plus we get along, we understand each other. I feel everything she tells me. I figure why not be that close to it............ when i track it, i put my life in it, too many yuppies have too many cars and dont know how to drive a single one of them.....Its my job to make them feel embaressed about that..... last autocross, i took down a nice 520 hp Z06 on R compound tires, and also tied with a lotus ellise on 2 runs, he was also on R compounds.
Old 10-11-2006 | 06:39 AM
fowlman01

Originally Posted by bailey bill
What a silly thing to say.

I'm 64. I started building hot rods in my teens back in the 50's. I have owned Lotus', Porsches, Jags, a Maserati, an MR2 turbo, and now the 350. I've done lots of drag racing, and used to be very competative autocrosser.

I "know more about fast" than you ever dreamed about.

BTW, I have a an "old" buddy up the road with a blown 5.0 Mustang, and another "old" buddy with a '40 Ford pickup powered by a 350 small block.

bill
I think I would change that to a "stupid" thing to say. Paul Newman is probably in his 80's and he can still run circles around 99% of the people on this board. The funny thing is that what he is considering as old is probably a guy 35 or so. there is a guy who drag races at Infineon who walks with a cane, is 85, drives in comp rod and crashed 6 months ago. (not his fault, the engine blew up). Well now he is back without his cane turning 10's.
Old 10-11-2006 | 06:52 AM
Drift_corners

I learned everything i know learning from old hot rodders, i worked on farnbacher loles porsche team, we won 24 hours of le manns, and then i went to work for a ferrari challenge team. I know fast, and i know racing. I did not say that all older people dont drive fast. But so far i have yet to see anyone older than 30 in a Z thats not stock, or doing 10 under the speed limit, or have an automatic, or any of the above. Older = more expirence im not as ignorant as you made me seem.....Im sure the guys im talking about dont even know what a car forum is.......

Last edited by Drift_corners; 10-11-2006 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-11-2006 | 07:19 AM
davidf

I'll bet your gas bill is outragous.
Old 10-11-2006 | 07:23 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?
Premier Member

I learned everything i know learning from old hot rodders, i worked on farnbacher loles porsche team, we won 24 hours of le manns, and then i went to work for a ferrari challenge team. I know fast, and i know racing. I did not say that all older people dont drive fast. But so far i have yet to see anyone older than 30 in a Z thats not stock, or doing 10 under the speed limit, or have an automatic, or any of the above. Older = more expirence im not as ignorant as you made me seem.....Im sure the guys im talking about dont even know what a car forum is.......
At least the "old" guys bought the car themselves.
Old 10-11-2006 | 07:27 AM
EatMyZ

My question to the original poster is if he pays for the car himself? I am 18 myself and although the car originally belonged to my mom, I assumed the payments on it and pay for everything on my own.

I can tell you, I very rarely beat on the car, it's got to last. I mean I have fun with it, but theres a line between abuse and fun.
Old 10-11-2006 | 09:12 AM
Drift_corners

I Am not going to lie i only put down 9 grand on the car. the rest is i have to pay back a year or so after i graduate, without intrest. My parents know i am serious about racing and its the only thing they give me money for..... where i went to highschool the kids were rich little Sh**S and wernt gratefull, i am greatfull. Both my parents work hard(pilot, and a school teacher) and they natrauly want to give there kids what they didnt have. In fact i feel guilty. I dont even drive through town. I feel like an ***. but if you were me would you say no i dont want the car mom and dad. Im not going to appoigize for a birthday, christmass, and graduation gift. Just cuz you cant think of anything better to say dont attack me for that.....i wasnt trying to bring down the older guys, it came across that way......i just wanted to know about longevity of the car.....i have alot to learn from older drivers if i want to make it pro one day, but i do know my stuff, more than alot of people, i mean i put together a cobra from the ground up........anything i break is on me..... anything someone does with there car is there buisness, if some older or younger guy just wants to drive around slow and enjoy the Z for diffrent reasons than me.....thats fantastic.......But in the sence of being a true performance driver trying to become as fast as they can... i might make the argument that they are not a hard core driver........ ill try to post pics of that one day its a monster.....by far the most meaningfull father son project ever. Best two years of my life.....

Last edited by Drift_corners; 10-11-2006 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-11-2006 | 09:14 AM
Drift_corners

and yes my gas bill is rediculous.....I own my own buisness, well several buisnesses but one of them is detailing for high end cars.... (porsche, ferrari,ect...) i spend most of what i make on gas....about 50 bucks every two days....when gas was 3.30$......
Old 10-11-2006 | 09:18 AM
Drift_corners

wow hraesvelg, i just noticed you have posted 13,000 + times, good god....thats hard core.......not to bring it more off topic......
Old 10-11-2006 | 09:20 AM
EricTX

I have about 5300 miles on an 06 and i drive it pretty hard all the time, usualy shift around 5-6500 and i am WOT every minute or so. mabey every 8-10. and i autocross, can she take it. I know it is hard to say but do you think it will make it for the long haul. or die at 30k
find out and let us know! buy an extended warrenty so if it does break..u get a new engine or whatnot.
Old 10-11-2006 | 09:21 AM
fowlman01

wow hraesvelg, i just noticed you have posted 13,000 + times, good god....thats hard core.......not to bring it more off topic......
He has no life.
Old 10-11-2006 | 09:23 AM
EricTX

I have about 5300 miles on an 06 and i drive it pretty hard all the time, usualy shift around 5-6500 and i am WOT every minute or so. mabey every 8-10. and i autocross, can she take it. I know it is hard to say but do you think it will make it for the long haul. or die at 30k
may i ask what model your 06 is and how much you paid for it before TTL? i'm shopping for a Z now.
Old 10-11-2006 | 09:25 AM
Drift_corners

no its addictive ok i think i can post pics....built every peice how do i size down pics to be able to post them
Old 10-11-2006 | 09:26 AM
Drift_corners

enthusiest.....i think 25,500 or 26000 i cant remember. i traded in a truck they gave me a great deal
Old 10-11-2006 | 09:34 AM
MUZZY

the power train warrenty i believe is 100k miles, b/c thats what I have from factory. Im pretty sure it will last more than that.. like close to 120-140k if u drive that hard all the time. remember nissan makes their cars to last 200k miles with proper on time maintinance.
Old 10-11-2006 | 09:40 AM
Drift_corners

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k1..._corners/?sc=3 second page

Last edited by Drift_corners; 10-11-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-11-2006 | 09:42 AM
Drift_corners

I dont want to hear anything bad about the wreck pics. i couldnt post anyother way....it was the most tragic event of my life, i learned a lesson....and im still screwed up a bit from it.....it was being cut off, but ultimatly i have no one to blame butmyself.....

Quick Reply: Will she last.