Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Your Top 5 Cost Effective Performance Mods.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 11:00 AM
michaeljr6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make more money
go to porsche
trade in z
ask for a 997 turbo
buy it
Old 10-12-2006, 06:50 PM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by SpeedRcr
1. remove spare tire
2. remove excess baggage
3. k&n panel filter
4. total synthetic fluid swap
5. kjr pulley
I've heard bad things about synthetic oil concerning oil consumption. anybody have any input on this?
Old 10-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by danielwebb
I've heard bad things about synthetic oil concerning oil consumption. anybody have any input on this?
I've been using it for about 22k miles now, haven't seen any issues. Mobil 1 here, but I may switch to Royal Purple or Amsoil next year.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:26 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by davidv

Have to agree with bugsbbunny: HPDE.

Autocross.

Fix the driver first. Then the car.

14" LMAO!
Old 10-12-2006, 07:27 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Heard from who, the idiot dealership service folks?
Old 10-12-2006, 07:27 PM
cavallino33

what about stripping the interior,sound deadening,spare, jack speakers, etc I woudln't do it but it is free.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:36 PM
DanielW
Banned

I've read it on this forum when I was SEARCHING through the threads like you people are always so eager to instruct me to do.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:38 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

I've read it on this forum when I was SEARCHING through the threads like you people are always so eager to instruct me to do.
LMAO! No issues, some people say to wait after 10K miles, I say no need, start off by using it!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:30 PM
DanielW
Banned

PLEASE DON'T REPLY WITH THE SEARCH S**T ANYMORE. I don't have time to sit here and reas through three years of threads like some of you folks. If the search function was better I would be able to use it more effectively but as I've stated before it is not very effective. You can't even get a title with two words that you want in it.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:41 PM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by highside107
JWT Popcharger, plenum spacer, test pipes for N/A

F/I is pretty cost-effective too if you're willing to spend the money.
I'm getting a 5g christmas bonus and I'm really tempted to go FI but I just don't know about reliability. I don't make enough money to call my z a toy. Know what i mean? I need it to last me at least 150,000 miles. I'm still so tempted to go FI though someone just give me a reason.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:44 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

I'm getting a 5g christmas bonus and I'm really tempted to go FI but I just don't know about reliability. I don't make enough money to call my z a toy. Know what i mean? I need it to last me at least 150,000 miles. I'm still so tempted to go FI though someone just give me a reason.

reason is FI will not last you till 150,000, STAY N/A!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:58 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why search when you can just browse and read whatever topics interest you? The most popular or asked about threads show up towards the beginning anyhow.

Have you tried browsing threads beyond the 350Z section? Since you ask a performance related question, it is best to take a trip to the Tech section. It narrows down to specifics, so I won't doubt you'll find some intriguing information shared and asked by other members. If you have a general, non-specific question in your head, it is highly likely it has been discussed. Such general questions usually lie within the more "popular" threads. Even if it is not as specific to your needs, at least you'll find something that might suit your interests and you can delve deeper from there.

For example, here is a sticky posted by one of our long-term members from the Tech section:
https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/50429-new-350z-owners-read-this-before-doing-any-modifications-to-your-z.html

Searching is not an impossibility. If I can use it, you can too! Start with the stickies first.

Metaphorically speaking, how well do you do when it comes to writing research papers? How do you find your sources?

Okay so maybe you are not enthusiastic about writing a paper, but how enthusiastic are you with your Z purchase? Find what appeals to you and start digging for additional information. If the product exists, chances are there has been a topic about it. If it's an intake/exhaust question, visit that tech section. After reading a few threads, you be the judge.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:01 PM
DanielW
Banned

when i do research papers I use google which is a fully functional search engine that you can be VERY specific with unlike this one
Old 10-13-2006, 10:02 PM
DanielW
Banned

I don't want things that relate to my questions. I want my questions answered. Thats what a forum is for let me do this again - FORUM: an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of QUESTIONS of public interest.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:03 PM
DIGItonium

I've posted this before in one of your threads. If you are afraid about reliability, DO NOT MOD THIS CAR AT ALL! Besides, it voids your warranty on whatever part of the vehicle you modify. There's a good reason why your warranty would be voided - even if it is something as simple as putting in cheap hiper white bulbs. Why? Who is going to be liable if the cheaply manufactured bulb explodes and ruins the headlight assembly?

Therefore, stick to OEM if you don't want to risk reliability.

Aftermarket FI will always reduce reliability no matter how properly setup it is. It is beyond the original specifications of the vehicle.

It is like overclocking a computer. You run the computer out of spec, so it increases chances of failure. Once it fails, you are SOL when it comes to warranty.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:04 PM
davids
F U StuLax18

wow you guys are asses, you can't just answer the questions you have to try and be special and say something cool a new....like "search"
Old 10-13-2006, 11:39 PM
350z_drifter

i haven't done any mod on my z yet ,but upgraded my 240sx
but for n/a purpose i would recommend
1 intake
2 full exhaust
3 zex nitrous kit
4 ecu upgrade
5 ignition and fuel upgrade

for force induction i would recommned turbonetics single turbo kit
Old 10-15-2006, 10:37 AM
DanielW
Banned

right on lobotomy
Old 10-15-2006, 10:55 AM
SpeedRcr

synthetic does not have any issues with our engines on consumption. when they do oil consumption tests they use dino oil. if you are going FI you really want to save up like 8-9k for everything that comes up.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:37 AM
mario60185
Chicago Realtor

Originally Posted by djtonium
I've posted this before in one of your threads. If you are afraid about reliability, DO NOT MOD THIS CAR AT ALL! Besides, it voids your warranty on whatever part of the vehicle you modify. There's a good reason why your warranty would be voided - even if it is something as simple as putting in cheap hiper white bulbs. Why? Who is going to be liable if the cheaply manufactured bulb explodes and ruins the headlight assembly?

Therefore, stick to OEM if you don't want to risk reliability.

Aftermarket FI will always reduce reliability no matter how properly setup it is. It is beyond the original specifications of the vehicle.

It is like overclocking a computer. You run the computer out of spec, so it increases chances of failure. Once it fails, you are SOL when it comes to warranty.

Whatever you say buddy, im sure you had good intent when you wrote that but to a newb your sending the wrong message. First off if it can void your warranty, use your brains and take the part off before you go to the dealer for a warranty claim. And most important boltons for na are not going to kill your car. It will still be reliable as you can see from the hundreds of ***** on here who have gone mod crazy and are still running strong.

Quick Reply: Your Top 5 Cost Effective Performance Mods.