Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Looking for liquid silver pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 10:24 AM
yoonietang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for liquid silver pics

I've heard so much about the pre-production color, and its rumored (but unlikely) addition to the line up next year, but I've never actually seen it. Does anyone have any pictures of this liquid silver pain job? Is it anything like the one on the BMW M3 CSL?
Old 03-13-2003, 05:35 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

here's one
Attached Thumbnails Looking for liquid silver pics-z-oblique.jpg  
Old 03-13-2003, 05:54 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
here's one
and i laugh at all the CS i see on the road who were hoping for that paint job...

actually, i do alot of laughing, since all i see mostly are CS...
m
Old 03-13-2003, 06:04 PM
DrDrilZ

why would you laugh at the CS's? the reason why you see more silvers on the road is because most people like that color the best. if they liked blue more, they would have bought blue. simple as that. also, people probably laugh at 350's that have so much money into them, that they could have bought a 911. but its all good.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:13 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DrDrilZ
people probably laugh at 350's that have so much money into them, that they could have bought a 911. but its all good.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:14 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by DrDrilZ
why would you laugh at the CS's? the reason why you see more silvers on the road is because most people like that color the best. if they liked blue more, they would have bought blue. simple as that. also, people probably laugh at 350's that have so much money into them, that they could have bought a 911. but its all good.

look here at a local poll:

https://my350z.com/forum/poll.php?s=...lts&pollid=191

and about the 911... i am a lot short of the price of a new 911 (base model $68K).. and, when i am done modding, i will laugh at 911 owners (non-turbo) also as i pass them... (especially the silver ones!!! )
Old 03-13-2003, 06:26 PM
silverzman

Here's another one:
Attached Thumbnails Looking for liquid silver pics-nissan-ladyz-side.jpg  
Old 03-13-2003, 06:28 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

hey do you guys think the rims on the show car were painted to match? it seems like the normal 18" non-rays dont have the same luster either....

???
Old 03-13-2003, 08:02 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

too many people glazed over the part where he said, will be SIMILAIR TO. meaning silver color close to that.

the stunning part of the paintjob is the liquid part, not the silver part, and unless this color is a 10000$ option, you only gonna get the silver part, not the liquid part. this is a point that cant be made clear enough...

and yeah, ALOT of people got cs expecting that silver, they thought silver is silver, and ignored anyone that said otherwise. I distinctly remember a significant amount of bitching when people saw those first pics of the Z, which was a cs Z and was obviously very different.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:10 PM
rodH

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
and i laugh at all the CS i see on the road who were hoping for that paint job...

actually, i do alot of laughing, since all i see mostly are CS...
m
do you really think the ONLY reason people bought CS is b/c of the show car??? I bought it b/c I like silver-BOTTOM LINE!! it is a good metallic color.

btw, I laugh at all the smurf blue Zs out there
actually I don't, I like the blue, I just wouldn't buy it, BUT i do like it.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:33 PM
dam294

I like Z's. Any color.

But, I can't tell you how many peopple have come up to me and said, "man, I've seen others but your color is the best".

Daytona Blue
Performance
Old 03-13-2003, 10:40 PM
Jason

Okay, if they're going to make that color they should just go ahead and kill CS. They are too similar to bother with producing both.

Instead, I'd like a darker navy blue, or maybe a dark metalic "carbon" kind of color.

...or how about an entire car that is clear coated with no paint j/k
Old 03-13-2003, 11:25 PM
john0213

Originally posted by rodH
do you really think the ONLY reason people bought CS is b/c of the show car??? I bought it b/c I like silver-BOTTOM LINE!! it is a good metallic color.
well rod, it's in a different perspective, when you are talking about now, every proud owner who ordered a CS is expecting the simple silver, they order it because they like it, but when it was back in Feb or March last year, every owner who "ordered" the CS is expecting to see the liquid silver, honestly i was one of them too, but when i check out the dealer and they don't have the interior i wanted, i discarded my first choice and went with silverstone, but i have to tell you there is a big portion, i mean really big portion of CS early preorderers are expecting that liquid silver when they ordered the car at that time.

talking about now, it's a totally different story~
Old 03-13-2003, 11:37 PM
hfm

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
hey do you guys think the rims on the show car were painted to match? it seems like the normal 18" non-rays dont have the same luster either....

???
Those are my chrome rims.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:32 AM
Rob Nance

Ultra sweet liquid silver pic. I know it's an artsy thing, modified, but it's still the same paint job.

EDIT: can't resize it down to 640x480 at work, nothing on my PC, bleh

Last edited by Rob Nance; 03-14-2003 at 01:40 AM.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:05 AM
Bostonian

Does anyone know for a fact that this color will or will not be in production for the 2004 Z? If nobody knows for sure, can someone suggest where this can be found out. If this color is in production, I will have to change my mind about super black.

Thanks,
Chad
Old 03-14-2003, 05:43 AM
fatZo

Originally posted by Bostonian
Does anyone know for a fact that this color will or will not be in production for the 2004 Z? If nobody knows for sure, can someone suggest where this can be found out. If this color is in production, I will have to change my mind about super black.

Thanks,
Chad
Don't. I admit to be biased, but Super Black and Daytona Blue are by far the best looking colours on the Z. And don't forget, silver is silver, be it liquid, chrome, silverstone, or whatever. Your silver car will be lost amongst the thousands of silver 350Z and for that matter other shitboxes like silver Honda Civics, silver Mazda Proteges (I think they are only available in Silver!), etc. out there ...
Old 03-14-2003, 06:03 AM
WashUJon

I originally ordered PPW, but the dealer screwed things up along the way. I got CS because they gave it to me at 2k under MSRP. Who could pass that up? I happen to like the CS and I'm sure I'll like it better after I Blackfire it this weekend!
Old 03-14-2003, 06:11 AM
RobJames

For the brickers, I must put our two cents in. There are 4 Zs in my parking garage. My brick, a chrome, a silverstone and a daytona blue. I have had no less than 5 coworkers and acquaintances tell me that my brickyard looks best and that the blue is pretty too. I don't even talk about my car; I'm not someone people need to kiss up to, so I take these unsolicited opinions as the absolute gospel. J/K. Anyway, I like my brick; it looks custom with the metallic flake.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:43 AM
azmo

What i think is ridiculous is that nissan didnt give us preorderers the oportunity to see the car in any other colors besides the show car silver. The only thing we had to go by were the colors on the small brochure. They definitely do not show what the actual colors look like. I admit i ordered the CS thinking that it would be similar to the show car paint and because it was the only color i had seen on the car. I dont hate or dislike the color but i would probably have gone with another color if i had seen pics of them on the car before hand. I would have chosen either black or silverstone. If nissan now offers the liquid silver, the silver that i was expecting in the first place, i will be disspointed and consider repainting my car.

Quick Reply: Looking for liquid silver pics