Looking for liquid silver pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 06:55 AM
Stone Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Originally posted by hfm
Those are my chrome rims.
Those rims aren't even close to being chrome. They're color matched to the finish of the car. They almost look like that were finished with chrome *spray paint*, if anything.

Here's a pic of liquid silver I took at the NY Auto Show
Attached Thumbnails Looking for liquid silver pics-dscf0071.jpg  
Old 03-14-2003, 07:02 AM
sbkim

Originally posted by VQracer
They are indeed different, if you want to get a glimpse of what they look like, go to the local Nissan dealer and take a look at the 2003 Titanium SE Maximas or a 20th Anniversary Edition Maxima.

Victor
Victor,

Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't that more like Silverstone vs. liquid silver?
Old 03-14-2003, 07:56 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by azmo
What i think is ridiculous is that nissan didnt give us preorderers the oportunity to see the car in any other colors besides the show car silver. The only thing we had to go by were the colors on the small brochure. They definitely do not show what the actual colors look like. I admit i ordered the CS thinking that it would be similar to the show car paint and because it was the only color i had seen on the car. I dont hate or dislike the color but i would probably have gone with another color if i had seen pics of them on the car before hand. I would have chosen either black or silverstone. If nissan now offers the liquid silver, the silver that i was expecting in the first place, i will be disspointed and consider repainting my car.

The thing you have to remember is that Nissan didn't have to run the pre-order program in the first place. They did this to help control price gouging and to give enthusiasts an opportunity to lock in their pricing / options. The cost of running such a program so far in advance of the cars launch (8 months to be exact) was that certain details were not yet available- including pictures of the different colors, final engine and performance specs...etc... Some people are interested in the car enough to take a risk on some of the details, and some people are not- being that the pre-orders covered a relatively small percentage of the production run for this year, many owners could get cars w/o participating in the program - so where is the problem?

I knew full well that chrome silver / silverstone were different than the show car silver - this was a risk i was more than willing to accept in getting my order in so early (I ordered on Jan 15, '02).
I'm happy w/ the c/s- and excited to see what the new silver (??) might look like for next year...

-Ethan
Old 03-14-2003, 08:49 AM
jpisano73

Exclamation

All,
I happened to be curious about the Liquid Silver color as well, and after checking the nissanusa.com site, I saw that the 2004 Maxima is also available in Liquid Silver:

http://www.config.nissanusa.com/img/..._se_ky1_lg.jpg

To my eyes, this looks too similar to Chrome Silver...maybe it's much different in person?

Last edited by jpisano73; 03-14-2003 at 08:53 AM.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:13 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by jpisano73
All,
I happened to be curious about the Liquid Silver color as well, and after checking the nissanusa.com site, I saw that the 2004 Maxima is also available in Liquid Silver:

http://www.config.nissanusa.com/img/..._se_ky1_lg.jpg

To my eyes, this looks too similar to Chrome Silver...maybe it's much different in person?
Yeah, I haven't been able to find any pictures that can really communicate the difference between LS and CS paint. The pictures of the show car don't help much because it obviously has a trick clear/pearl coating on top of the paint that would not be on the production models.

I sure would like to see the difference before my order is locked in on the convertible.
Old 03-14-2003, 10:14 AM
Stone Z

Originally posted by AndyB
Yeah, I haven't been able to find any pictures that can really communicate the difference between LS and CS paint. The pictures of the show car don't help much because it obviously has a trick clear/pearl coating on top of the paint that would not be on the production models.

I sure would like to see the difference before my order is locked in on the convertible.
If this is the case, wouldn't they eliminate CS all together if they're that close? JMANZ already said that there's no plans to get rid of CS. One of two things.....either this *Liquid Silver* color is not the one found on existing Nissan productions cars and will be further away from CS, or, it is what you find on the Maxima and either CS or SS will be elimanted....whichever it happens to be closer to.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:22 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Dlovtsur
Those rims aren't even close to being chrome. They're color matched to the finish of the car. They almost look like that were finished with chrome *spray paint*, if anything.

Here's a pic of liquid silver I took at the NY Auto Show
yep, that color is what what some consider "brilliant silver", they are on various wheels tire rack carries, Mille Miglia and Moda, and BBS come to mind. It is a cool color.

the mention about the silver cars BLENDING in with civics, etc..is funny especially considering that it is coming from someone saying Black is the best color, Ironically I have a black civic in my garage right now (being sold tomarrow) and there is a SILVER 996 Turbo next door to me, and a SILVER SL500 (03) on the other side.

in reality, argueing COLORS is pretty stupid considering we ALL could have had ANY color we wanted and NO ONE forced us to get a certain color. I could care less about the color, I give fellow Z fans a thumbs up no matter what color!!
Old 03-14-2003, 11:39 PM
Selski12

Im happy with CS. Ive always liked silver on sports cars. Plus, I dont have to worry about swirl marks or orange peel and it always looks clean.
Old 03-15-2003, 05:55 AM
mcduck

Some thoughts on what others have said...

why would you laugh at the CS's? the reason why you see more silvers on the road is because most people like that color the best.
Not necessarily true. We see more silvers because that is what Nissan built the most of. I don't even think you can argue preorder. Remember all the stories of dealerships getting cars before preorder customers got theres. It's pretty clear that Nissan set out to produce more of the silver colors than the others from the start. Personally, I really like the Chrome Silver and Silverstone, but waved off because A) I saw estimates that they, combined would be 50%+ of productino and B) of course, Brickyard RULES!!!

Does anyone actually believe the representation showed by this poll is accurate??? I mean, we have a diverse range of tastes here, but the numbers don't reflect anything I've seen in the real world. In my area, after the silvers, the most abundant color seems to be red. I see red Zs a lot more than the other colors and its not just the same driver because I've talked to several of the owners. I've seen multiples of every color (including PPW) except for Brickyard. I'd love to see some actual Nissan production numbers on each color and model...

Okay, if they're going to make that color they should just go ahead and kill CS.
I agree wholeheartedly. Two silver colors is enough. At this rate, the 2008 models will be offered in 8 shades of Silver! Seriously, though, who would be happy if it were three shades of blue or red or another color... and only one silver? I hope they come to their senses and keep a nice selection of colors.

For the brickers, I must put our two cents in. There are 4 Zs in my parking garage. My brick, a chrome, a silverstone and a daytona blue. I have had no less than 5 coworkers and acquaintances tell me that my brickyard looks best and that the blue is pretty too.
I can second this story. In my encounters with people that have seen colors other than just my Z, they all have liked my Z better with the exception of the occasional few who like LeMans Sunset better. I believe RobJames hits it on the head when he says it looks like a "custom color". I think that is what really grabs people's attention. Of course, all 8 colors look good, but I think I hear the most positive comments about Brickyard, DB, and Sunset (in that order).

The only thing we had to go by were the colors on the small brochure. They definitely do not show what the actual colors look like.
Perhaps you need to have a talk with your dealership. I had pics of all colors but PPW to look at before ordering (though, I'll admit the Brickyard pic was not quite as nice as the real thing). These were released by Nissan several months before orders began to arrive. I realize some folks ordered before the pics where available, but my dealership gave me the option to change my color if I did not like it after seeing press release photos. If buyers did not have this option or stipulate it in their order contract, I feel no sympathy for them getting an "unexpected hue" based on a sight unseen order.

Of course, this is all just my .02 +.02 +.02 +.02 +.02 worth...
Old 03-15-2003, 06:46 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

PHP Code:
What i think is ridiculous is that nissan didnt give us preorderers the oportunity to see the car in any other colors besides the show car silverThe only thing we had to go by were the colors on the small brochure

What do you mean! They gave us THIS didn't they!
Attached Thumbnails Looking for liquid silver pics-brickyard-color-copy.jpg  
Old 03-15-2003, 07:33 AM
azmo

Those samples were not available to me before i ordered my car nor were they available to me for viewing at any dealership i went to in toronto. But enough of my cribbing. I love everything about this car and i dont dislike CS at all. I just would have prefered a different color. Plus i dont want my CS to look bland and dull when they come out witht the liquid silver, the color i hoped the CS was going to look like.
Old 03-15-2003, 09:10 AM
Brad4rdHay

Just to add soething (hopefully not more flames to the fire), when Nissan introduced the car at the Detriot show, they commented that the only thing that wouldn't see production was the special show car paint. You can see this on the vdeo on the NissanNews.com. No one ever said that CS was the same as the show cars...perhaps maybee a dealer but come on...its a dealer.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:28 AM
Zmoney

Originally posted by rodH

in reality, argueing COLORS is pretty stupid considering we ALL could have had ANY color we wanted and NO ONE forced us to get a certain color. I could care less about the color, I give fellow Z fans a thumbs up no matter what color!!
Best thing i have read so far in this thread! We choose a color as a matter of personal preference. Comparing any color Z to a civic is down right retarted.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:06 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

ALL Z colors pale in comparison to the Brick!!

But the design of the z is such it looks great in all colors.

I don't understand why several posts above criticize Nissan for not promoting colors other than silver. Isn't it the buyers responsibility to determine the specs/features/colors and make an informed decision?
Old 03-15-2003, 01:23 PM
Stone Z

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
hey do you guys think the rims on the show car were painted to match? it seems like the normal 18" non-rays dont have the same luster either....

???
The new Maxima ('04) has that finish on their wheels....I saw one today on the lot.