Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Best way to keep smell in car??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006 | 12:10 PM
SargentZ

Originally Posted by Ztalker
the newspapers will absorb unwanted odors overnight and it works like magic.

Although.... newspapers have there own unique smell (inks and paper) Which I don't particularly like. If you want to absorbe odors, buy those little baking soda boxes made for the fridge and put under your seat. They have filter paper over the powder to keep it from spilling.
Old 10-25-2006 | 12:14 PM
ZlleH

Fresh dryer sheet? Do you mean Frabic Softner?

Originally Posted by Fyxtion
I put a fresh dryer sheet in each door vent. I put them through the backside when the door was open so they are easily removable and not visible. Every time air is blowing through the vent it's a nice fresh scent. I replace them like every other month. Cheap and effective!

fyxtion
Old 10-25-2006 | 12:14 PM
VO...
Administrator

I put a fresh dryer sheet in each door vent. I put them through the backside when the door was open so they are easily removable and not visible. Every time air is blowing through the vent it's a nice fresh scent. I replace them like every other month. Cheap and effective!

fyxtion
good idea..
Old 10-25-2006 | 12:40 PM
Fyxtion

yes fabric softener, those Bounce sheets

Fyxtion
Old 10-25-2006 | 01:24 PM
yahookendogg

I always eat in my car, and my Z smells like fast-food and i like it.
Old 10-25-2006 | 01:45 PM
tmounk

Whatever anyone suggested, nothing will work if the smell is coming from you.
Old 10-25-2006 | 02:53 PM
Swiffer

Originally Posted by ZlleH
We have a cabin filter? Where is it located?
He is incorret. No cabin filter on in the Z.
Old 10-25-2006 | 02:55 PM
VQLOVER

Your car probably smells good to anybody else that gets in it. You become used to a smell if you are around it alot, believe me the good smell is still there.
Old 10-25-2006 | 03:48 PM
Ztalker

Originally Posted by SargentZ
Although.... newspapers have there own unique smell (inks and paper) Which I don't particularly like.
Luckily our local papers don't smell. i wouldn't use it if it does.
Old 10-25-2006 | 03:54 PM
Ztalker

Originally Posted by Jenn350Z
I had my seats removed and the carpet shampoo thing done which made it look brand new. New floormats and I keep a few of those scented things in the car.

Clean the carpet and it will be a lot better.
+1
never step in the car with wet/dirty shoes. i've never had to shampoo the rug.
Old 10-25-2006 | 05:58 PM
350Zum

Originally Posted by VQLOVER
Your car probably smells good to anybody else that gets in it. You become used to a smell if you are around it alot, believe me the good smell is still there.

That's true, people always say, "man I love the smell of your car!" But I'm used to it.

One trick I used to use, get a good quality unused Chamois and leave it under the passenger seat. It makes the car smell like dead cow.

JK - It smells great!
Old 10-25-2006 | 06:06 PM
derekinthez

Default Smells

Originally Posted by nothingremains
i am very **** with wanting my car to smell good, what is the best thing to do? I tried getting Cool Breeze scented oil insence and pouring it onto paper towels and leaving them under the seats...that works for about a week and a half per bottle. In my old explorer, i just poured the oil into the carpet under the seats and the smell stayed for years....But, i definately dont want to do that again...Any ideas?
Don't put any colognes, fabric freshners, pine trees, blah, blah, blah--don't eat or smoke in the car and don't ride in it when u are sweaty--keep the windows up when not in use and only wipe interior with cool to warm water (unless you have leather seats then u will need a conditioner/cleaner for them at some point, but not often if you take care of your car as I do mine). . . your car will smell new for time to come! My 94TT has 78k miles and still smells very much like it did when I bought it. Of course the 2003 still smells new (23K).
Old 10-25-2006 | 06:11 PM
350V

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SargentZ
Although.... newspapers have there own unique smell (inks and paper) Which I don't particularly like. If you want to absorbe odors, buy those little baking soda boxes made for the fridge and put under your seat. They have filter paper over the powder to keep it from spilling.
I thimk i will try this.
Old 10-25-2006 | 06:17 PM
Ztalker

some guy bought a corvette at the auction way below book and found out later someone had died and rotted in the vehicle before. There was this smell that he could not get rid of no matter what. Shampooing only made it worse. Finally he changed the entire carpet. Guess what...the smell was still there.
Old 10-25-2006 | 06:30 PM
ZlleH

You sure you weren't watching that myth buster show

Originally Posted by Ztalker
some guy bought a corvette at the auction way below book and found out later someone had died and rotted in the vehicle before. There was this smell that he could not get rid of no matter what. Shampooing only made it worse. Finally he changed the entire carpet. Guess what...the smell was still there.
Old 10-25-2006 | 06:30 PM
ZlleH

I never knew they were scented... I thought they just contain some kind of wax to... well... shoften your clothes...

yes fabric softener, those Bounce sheets

Fyxtion
Old 10-25-2006 | 06:44 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

I've had my Z for 2 years 4 months, and it still smells like new. I use leather cleaner and the conditioner frequently, vacuum the car most weeks, and vacuum right underneath the seats and between the console, and put protectant on all plastic surfaces. Double bonus, it smells great and it looks even better and anyone that gets in is too scared to make a mess. I don't eat in the car either. If I've been doing sporty stuff I always make sure there are towels in the car to cover the seats with as well. There's more to it than that, but that's the basics. Personally I don't like those air freshener things - quite false smelling, I prefer to only be able to smell my perfume.
Old 10-25-2006 | 06:48 PM
20"makavelli

i have had my car for almost 2 years and it still smells brand new, just dont fart or bring dirty shoes in your car.. oh yeah NO SMOKING IN THE CAR and it will smell nice and fresh all the time (no eating either)......... sex is ok
Old 10-25-2006 | 08:58 PM
Ztalker

Originally Posted by 20"makavelli
i have had my car for almost 2 years and it still smells brand new, just dont fart or bring dirty shoes in your car.. oh yeah NO SMOKING IN THE CAR and it will smell nice and fresh all the time (no eating either)......... sex is ok
don't tell me the smell of used TROJANS don't bother you a bit.

Quick Reply: Best way to keep smell in car??