Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 09:53 AM
jj1814

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dilemma

*sigh* I dunno what to do. I really want a DB Enth., which I put in an order for on Thursday. My dealer is trying hard to get me one sooner than the 90 days, and do a dealer swap with another dealer. They found a DB Enthusiast in Pittsburgh, but it has the side airbags and aero. kit, which I did not originally want. Good thing about this is, they can have it to me by at least Fri. BUT it doesnt make sense for me to get the aero. kit though because I want a NISMO kit or at LEAST the wing. So now my other option is Chrome Silver, which was originally my first choice....but I fell deeper in love with the blue. It matches me perfectly! Ah well..if I get the silver, I know drake3 from this forum will be happy because we live right down the road from each other....and he has a DB
Old 03-18-2003, 10:03 AM
NismoEagleRock

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post

if i were you, i'd hold off until 100% satisfaction is acheived. down the road, you may be haunted by the fact that the db is your true color preference. yeah, the cs may fulfill your needs too, but that's not guaranteed. the db color will be rubbed in your face every time you see one on the road. in my eyes, i look at the long term factor. will i like the car years from now with everything that's on it? just ask yourself the same, and be sure you get what you want.. be patient.. you will reap the rewards.. come on.. it's a Z
Old 03-18-2003, 10:15 AM
jleighZ

Can the dealer cut you a good deal on the DB? When I went to order mine they noticed they had just ordered one exactly like what I wanted except it had the Aero kit. They said they would go in half with me on it if I decided to take that one.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:19 AM
drake3

Quit buying BLUE people!! hahahaha - just kidding of course.

I am really into blue. My 350 is the 4th blue car for me, including my 94 ZX which was Sapphire blue.

I hope they find which ever car you want. I won't be too upset if you get a DB. But I think Chrome Silver is your true color!!

Top 5 reasons nissan350z should get CS:

5. CS shows less scratches. (scientifically proven!)
4. CS stays cleaner longer. (not scientifically proven!)
3. CS looks ohhhh so sweet at night (glimmering metallic)
2. who wants just a simple blue car?
1. I don't want you stealing half of my drooling glances from the cuties!

Seriously, don't rush into it if you are not completely sure you want CS. But you owe me lunch or something if you get blue!
Old 03-18-2003, 10:21 AM
snook789

I agree with Leo, wait and get what you want.

And I bet if you did what GirlieGT said and ask for a deal, they will give it to you!

Just tell the dealer, you put in request at a few dealers you found online, and you are waiting for them to get back to you on the DB Enth, bet ya they change their tune and give you that car with those options at cost......

Good choice btw, that is what I will be getting
Old 03-18-2003, 05:16 PM
jj1814

They offered to throw in some all-season tires that I inquired about if I took a Super Black Enthu. they have on the lot. But there is no way I want black. It looks nice, but Im extra paranoid about scratches....and to me, its too hard to get and keep clean. So the search continues...
Old 03-19-2003, 04:48 AM
jleighZ

I hate it when they try and get you to get a color you don't really want. One dealer they told me they had a black one exactly like what I wanted. I told them I was afraid of scratches and they said they would put the paint sealant on it for free, which I replied that I could wax the car myself and wouldn't want the sealant. Good luck on your search though
Old 03-19-2003, 10:47 AM
sicktypes

the blue might be your fav. color...but damn...a guy that's practically your next door neighbor has one...i wouldn't even get a Z (even though i love them)...i would hate seeing someone with the same exact car in the same exact color almost everyday...but that's just me...
Old 03-19-2003, 11:28 AM
gammbino350z

Call Kerry Nissan which over here in Florence KY. I drove past their lot the other day and they had a crapload of Z's. See if they might have what you want and make sure you try and talk them out of any markups they are notorius for adding.
Old 03-20-2003, 02:39 PM
jj1814

so I keep finding DBs that meet my specs (in other states *IL and IN*) but the sales mgr. at my dealership is talking about SPLITTING the transportation costs to have the car shipped! I'm like, the ONLY way I would even think about doing that is if they dropped the ORIGINAL destination charged in the MSRP price. So anyway...I've decided to go with a CS that meets my specs. I will be happy with that...and I will be even less paranoid about scratches. Ive always wanted a silver car anyway. It's supposed to be here around April 8
Old 03-20-2003, 03:47 PM
WayneTN

Originally posted by nissan350z
so I keep finding DBs that meet my specs (in other states *IL and IN*) but the sales mgr. at my dealership is talking about SPLITTING the transportation costs to have the car shipped! I'm like, the ONLY way I would even think about doing that is if they dropped the ORIGINAL destination charged in the MSRP price. So anyway...I've decided to go with a CS that meets my specs. I will be happy with that...and I will be even less paranoid about scratches. Ive always wanted a silver car anyway. It's supposed to be here around April 8
What about just driving over to IL or IN and picking it up? It's not that far from Ohio.....to get what you want.

WayneTN
Old 03-20-2003, 04:23 PM
jj1814

yeah..the place in IN is only 30 minutes or so from Chicago, so that makes it about a 3.5 hours drive, which isnt bad at all. So I've thought about driving over, but I dont want the salespeople to be d!cks when I actually get there, since Ive only dealt with them over the phone. Ive even thought about driving to my native MS to get one, since I have to drop off my truck anyway. But the CS will suffice. I'm gonna love it anyway cuz its a Z!
Old 03-20-2003, 04:50 PM
WayneTN

Originally posted by nissan350z
But the CS will suffice. I'm gonna love it anyway cuz its a Z!
Amen to that! Mine's a CS by first choice. I guess it'll have to do.

WayneTN