Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z or s2000?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 10:27 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

while the Z struggles to keep up with E36 M3's and gets beat out pretty bad by RX-8's.

you have lost your damn mind. No way in hell a rx-8 wins a track course vs the Z. Put the crack pipe down
Old 12-19-2006, 10:46 AM
hardrock905

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
while the Z struggles to keep up with E36 M3's and gets beat out pretty bad by RX-8's.

you have lost your damn mind. No way in hell a rx-8 wins a track course vs the Z. Put the crack pipe down
That dude is absolutely clueless.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:06 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hardrock905
That dude is absolutely clueless.
I think he meant AutoX.

Which is true here in the San Diego autoX courses. I've seen RX-8's drive more consistently around the cones...much more graceful on a small track with it's power, weight and wheel-base.

On a full track or roadcoarse that's a different story. I think every track event or video I've seen, a mildly modified RX-8 is struggling to keep up.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Paul55100

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn

You should see the National auto-x results. The RX-8's are dominating BS. Do you even know what B-Stock is?

I am giving Z owners a bap rep for pointing out the facts? How so.
It sounds like you are claiming every stock S2000 does a 13.6 1/4 mile with no problems. BS. There are stock Z's running that and even a little better more often than the S2K. So your faster in a straight line theory is pure BS.

Road courses and Auto X? Didn't I say four times at least now that the S2K outhandles the Z?

You people are ridiculous, I swear.

I try to give credit where credit is due.....the S2K outhandles the Z. But for some reason, I seem to keep getting crap over this statement? But I am the fanboy??? What a joke.

The S2K has better handling than the Z.
The S2K has very little torque and low end grunt.
The S2K peters out on the top end well before the Z.
The Z is faster in a straight line than the S2K.

Everything I am posting is true, but even tho you and most agree with a majority of what I am saying, you still feel the need to be vindictive.

Do me a favor and quit posting your BS. You are giving the S2K owners a bad name.
First off, how are you "pointing out the facts", when I've pointed out that:

1) You have NO experience with the S2000.
2) You've never been to a track.
3) Your only racing experience is street racing.

Should I go on?

To this date, I have not seen a time slip for a Z that surpasses 13.9 (I do not follow the drag strip scene too much. This was a couple of years ago that this 13.9 slip was posted.) If you have one, post it. In fact, go to your local strip and post your slip.

So based on actual concrete results, the S wins in the 1/4. And like I said, the Z will pull from there. How is that BS? Plus, ok, say that Z's have been hitting 13.6's. That is just as fast as S2000's. Don't act like the Z murders the S2000--it's a close race.

As far as the road course comment -- this obviously shows how little you know about tracking. Did you know there are actual straights on the tracks? And that cars that boast better slolam get beat? It's not 100% handling on a road course. Braking, balance, power, etc. all play a part.

Do yourself a favor, take your friend "AroundMyHorn" and read up on some good articles. Then actually head out to your local auto-x, drag or track event. After you've done that, then come in here and post. I'm sure you won't sound as stupid.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:14 AM
infamous350

Man ur nutz 350z is far superior to the rx8 that car suks. Almost made the mistake and bought that fake sports car lol 1.3 liter hahaha rx8 will not beat a z in autox its about the drvier. Why consider a crappy rx8 when u have the 350z and s2000 either one is far better of course u should take the 350

and a e36 m3 that thing cant keep up u crazy ive beaten e46 m3s with my bone stock 03 touring 6speed. Man i beat a modded e36 m3 easiley by 1 car with my old 1998 pontiac grand prix gtp with just a Ubend delete on teh exhaust and a intake. And the pontiac couldnt even do anything again my z
Old 12-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Paul55100

Originally Posted by infamous350
Man ur nutz 350z is far superior to the rx8 that car suks. Almost made the mistake and bought that fake sports car lol 1.3 liter hahaha rx8 will not beat a z in autox its about the drvier. Why consider a crappy rx8 when u have the 350z and s2000 either one is far better of course u should take the 350

and a e36 m3 that thing cant keep up u crazy ive beaten e46 m3s with my bone stock 03 touring 6speed. Man i beat a modded e36 m3 easiley by 1 car with my old 1998 pontiac grand prix gtp with just a Ubend delete on teh exhaust and a intake. And the pontiac couldnt even do anything again my z
Let me guess, you raced some 16 year old kid down some residential street going 150mph, right?

I am not fond of the RX-8's either, but they're tearing up the competition. They are underpowered, but they do have great balance, which is why they win auto-x's, but cannot keep up on a bigger road course.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:22 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by Paul55100
To this date, I have not seen a time slip for a Z that surpasses 13.9 (I do not follow the drag strip scene too much. This was a couple of years ago that this 13.9 slip was posted.) If you have one, post it. In fact, go to your local strip and post your slip.

So based on actual concrete results, the S wins in the 1/4. And like I said, the Z will pull from there. How is that BS? Plus, ok, say that Z's have been hitting 13.6's. That is just as fast as S2000's. Don't act like the Z murders the S2000--it's a close race.
I personally ran a 13.8 with a 2.1 60' which is a bad launch. If I would have had a great launch cut a 1.9 60', a 13.6 was definitely in range... BUT I have seen some 06's local run 13.6 stock, even I was impressed.

I guess my experience at the track isn't a concrete result but your claim of S2k's running 13.6s regularly is
Old 12-19-2006, 11:26 AM
streetracer

Originally Posted by infamous350
and a e36 m3 that thing cant keep up u crazy ive beaten e46 m3s with my bone stock 03 touring 6speed. Man i beat a modded e36 m3 easiley by 1 car with my old 1998 pontiac grand prix gtp with just a Ubend delete on teh exhaust and a intake.
Dude, there are other things that make a car be "Great". And the e36 is in that coveted category. I have read articles stating the e36 as one of the best, if not the best BMW ever made.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Paul55100

Originally Posted by blasian
I personally ran a 13.8 with a 2.1 60' which is a bad launch. If I would have had a great launch cut a 1.9 60', a 13.6 was definitely in range... BUT I have seen some 06's local run 13.6 stock, even I was impressed.

I guess my experience at the track isn't a concrete result but your claim of S2k's running 13.6s regularly is
I never said S2000's run it regularly. (If I did, please post the reference.) I merely stated that several members have done it on s2ki. Which was only to prove that S2000's aren't as slow as this guy thinks it is. Perhaps the F20/22 doesn't have great torque, but that's the nature of the engine. It's a 4-cyl engine that has great gas mileage, reliability, is light but once in the powerband, it's not slow, by any means. People are acting like that's a design flaw or something.

And like I said, I do not keep up with the drag racing scene. If the 06's are hitting 13.6's, that's sweet.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:55 AM
blasian

I never said S2000's run it regularly. (If I did, please post the reference.) I merely stated that several members have done it on s2ki. Which was only to prove that S2000's aren't as slow as this guy thinks it is. Perhaps the F20/22 doesn't have great torque, but that's the nature of the engine. It's a 4-cyl engine that has great gas mileage, reliability, is light but once in the powerband, it's not slow, by any means. People are acting like that's a design flaw or something.

And like I said, I do not keep up with the drag racing scene. If the 06's are hitting 13.6's, that's sweet.
Actually, my first posts about it being normal was for someone else until I realized he was being sarcastic.

My question was how would the S be faster if they're "best" times were the same. I'm also hoping these were bone stock as well, including stock wheels.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Paul55100

Originally Posted by blasian
Actually, my first posts about it being normal was for someone else until I realized he was being sarcastic.

My question was how would the S be faster if they're "best" times were the same. I'm also hoping these were bone stock as well, including stock wheels.
If you refer to my other post, I stated that the best I'd seen for the 350z was a 13.9. I know it's probably an out-dated time slip, but it was the only one I had to go on. So that being the case, the S2000's 13.6 is faster. But if you're saying you've seen 06's in 13.6 range, then I believe you. I was just unaware of that fact.

And, yes, the cars were all bone stock.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:17 PM
blasian

If you refer to my other post, I stated that the best I'd seen for the 350z was a 13.9. I know it's probably an out-dated time slip, but it was the only one I had to go on. So that being the case, the S2000's 13.6 is faster. But if you're saying you've seen 06's in 13.6 range, then I believe you. I was just unaware of that fact.

And, yes, the cars were all bone stock.
K cool, its no biggie. The fastest S2k I've seen at the track was a 14.3 hehe, but even I know its more capable than that.

Can't wait until 07 Z hits the strip
Old 12-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Combat350z
Banned

I still don't get why hardblock won't realize that neither paul nor I ever stated the Z wasn't a good car or that the S was better.

We both simply stated which one was more capable in certain arenas.

You are the only one who is constantly trying to prove the Z is the end all be all for sports cars.

Fact is I could beat a Z06 if he can't shift worth a ****, has 15 concrete bags in his trunk etc

The track does not lie. On an auto-x course an S will win every time in the hands of a skilled driver over the Z. On a larger road course with more highspeed straightaways then the Z as long as the corners are sweepers should easily be able to out do the S.

Anyone with a bit of sense will admit that the S is by far the more pure and dedicated track car. The Z can with mods become just as good or better but stock for stock an S is going to on average drivers being equal win on almost any course that isn't something like TMS where its all about high speeds and long sweeping turns and straights.

I guess he also forgot that I have a Z so I have no reason to insult or lie about it. Either one rules.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:26 PM
hardrock905

The 03's are actually lighter and capable of even better times. Do you have any experience at all with the Z?
You sure don't seem to know jack **** about them for somebody that runs their mouth so much about them.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:29 PM
blasian

Now that I think about it though... I wonder how the 06 Tracks would compare to an S2k considering the wider tires in the rear.

As someone pointed out in another thread, the Z is pretty undertired from factory. They're so rare around here though, I've only seen like one 06 Track in Louisiana so far.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Paul55100

The 03's are actually lighter and capable of even better times. Do you have any experience at all with the Z?
You sure don't seem to know jack **** about them for somebody that runs their mouth so much about them.
That's all you got? Ha ha.

Ok, that's it for me. Good day, everyone.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:33 PM
hardrock905

You should see the National auto-x results. The RX-8's are dominating BS. Do you even know what B-Stock is?

First off, how are you "pointing out the facts", when I've pointed out that:

1) You have NO experience with the S2000.
2) You've never been to a track.
3) Your only racing experience is street racing.

Should I go on?
Nope. Stop right there.
1. You do not need hands-on experience to be knowledgable about a subject. I am sure you have your opinions on cars that you've never even sat your *** in b4. I have at least test driven an S2K. I have researched the S2K as well as I was considering buying one at one time.

2. I have been to a track many times, there you go thinking you know everything again. Either way, this will make the 5th time or more that I have said it, the S2K outhandles the Z. So why you keep arguing this point is beyond me. Unless you really do struggle with reading comprehension?

3. Again....you don't need hands-on experience to be knowledhgable about a subject. How much racing/track experience do you have under your belt btw??
Old 12-19-2006, 12:38 PM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by Combat350z
I still don't get why hardblock won't realize that neither paul nor I ever stated the Z wasn't a good car or that the S was better.
Whatever blockhead.
You and Paul both keep arguing the same **** over and over and over about the S2K's better handling even tho I stated myself many replies ago the S2K outhandles the Z
But if you or paul either one think the S2K will take the Z in a straight line no matter how long, 1/4 mile, 5 miles, etc., you must be on crack.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:39 PM
hardrock905

That's all you got? Ha ha.

Ok, that's it for me. Good day, everyone.
I was posting a response while you were picking your nose.
Saying that the S2K rules in the quarter mile is a load of ****. Period.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:53 PM
gabez33

the Z is faster , low and topend, the S eats the Z in handling...outside of that quality and all this other stuff is subjective...well except for the flawless gearbox on the S....funny how there is only a handful of peps that even bothered to look into this thread, its only been talked about 1000 times,

Quick Reply: 350z or s2000?