Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Getting anxious

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 06:42 PM
t350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Getting anxious

Just thought I'd throw this out there. I ordered my 350Z Blue Tack Pack in November, it was built the week of March 6 and due to reach me May 1st. Now that the weather here in Canada is starting to look nice I'm getting real anxious....!!!!
Old 03-19-2003, 07:39 PM
cheeves

I hear ya..ordered SS perf Jan 17th..dealer called in Feb. and said it was scheduled to be built in March...March, that's as close as he could come to an actual build date. He did say if it was in the first part of the month, I could expect it in early April. Don't know how these cars come down the line, build a batch of perf, a batch of track, etc. Hopefully That March 6 week you spoke of includes mine. Anybody know how they run 'em down the line?

Tick tock...tick tock
Old 03-20-2003, 05:40 AM
Stone Z

My anxiety will be over today, at 3pm!
Old 03-20-2003, 02:40 PM
t350z

You lucky son of a ..........
Ohh I can hardly wait...41 more days!!
Old 03-20-2003, 03:44 PM
WayneTN

A few weeks ago a friend of mine took delivery of a Z that he had ordered back in November. It came in earlier than originally forecast. Back in November and December they were coming in early, also. t350z, maybe yours will do the same!

WayneTN
Old 03-21-2003, 12:26 PM
t350z

Thanks for the hope!!! I don't want it too soon though, gotta wait for all the snow to melt and the salt to get off the roads. 40 days and counting.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:45 PM
c2tcardin

Where do you guys get information on Build / Delivery times? I ordered mine on 11/19/02 and asked for an April delivery time. I stopped by the dealership Tuesday afternoon and asked where my car was (or at least when I could expect delivery) and they were clueless? Does anyone else have to put up w/ a dealer who for starters, seems totally incompetent, and secondly, could care less that you just walked in off the street w/ $2500 bucks and said order me a $30k car?
Sorry, just had to vent. Guess the wait is getting to me too. Jeff
Old 03-21-2003, 02:52 PM
WayneTN

Originally posted by c2tcardin
Where do you guys get information on Build / Delivery times? I ordered mine on 11/19/02 and asked for an April delivery time. I stopped by the dealership Tuesday afternoon and asked where my car was (or at least when I could expect delivery) and they were clueless?
Jeff,

If they were really planning for an April delivery (say April 1 for example), then it would have to be put on the boat about March 1. To get on the boat March 1, it would be built in February. For it to be built in February, the order would have to be accepted by Nissan in January. They only accept orders the first week of the month, so your dealer would have to have it posted by the first week of January.

Now, if you placed the order at your dealer Nov. 19, and if you requested an April delivery, they might have held it a month before posting it. That way they could use that slot for another order or to get another one for the showroom. Or, they may well have had other orders in line in front of yours anyway. Hopefully, it's on the boat now and you will get it in April.

Your dealer should be getting status reports. Do you know what your Order Number is? It would be something like X123456. Also, if it's on the boat the dealer should be seeing the VIN for your order on his report. Also, he will initially be given the delivery "month" and then will get the expected delivery "month and day" when it gets real close. Also, it may show up in his inventory on his Nissan web page (nissanusa.com) about a week before it arrives (sometimes they just arrive anyway without ever showing up on the web page, though). Also, some Z's have arrived 2-3 weeks before the date on the report.

(I had to explain the order # stuff to my dealer. I don't think they're used to people tracking vehicle orders so proactively. Then again, they've probably never seen anyone drool over a Z for a while.)

Good luck!
WayneTN

Last edited by WayneTN; 03-21-2003 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:33 PM
c2tcardin

Wayne,
Thanks for the information. I was not given an order # and I don’t see one on the purchase agreement. I’ll check their web inventory every day now till I see it.
Thanks Jeff
Old 03-22-2003, 12:06 PM
WayneTN

Originally posted by c2tcardin
Wayne,
Thanks for the information. I was not given an order # and I don’t see one on the purchase agreement. I’ll check their web inventory every day now till I see it.
Thanks Jeff
Jeff,

The Order # is what is assigned to your order by Nissan (the manufacturer, not the dealer) when they accept it and put things into motion for building your Z. It won't be on any paperwork that you have. The dealer should be able to give you the Order # that has been assigned by checking a report or using their computer link to the Nissan data.

I'd contact your dealer and ask them to check their reports for your order number. My dealer didn't know what to look for, so I told him it would be like X123456 and he said, oh, here it is...and he read it to me. The report may also have the expected delivery date - possibly even the VIN if it's getting close.

If it were me (and it was last October - December), I'd press the dealer to get the status of your Z. A couple of Z orders have fallen in the crack and never been placed or the car never been built.......while the person that "ordered" waited and waited. The dealer's making a lot on your order; they should be more sensitive to giving you info on it's status.

See ya!
WayneTN