Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

So where you gonna go?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 05:19 AM
wxtornado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So where you gonna go?

The day is upon us. Today you received the long awaited phone call from your dealer. Congratulations, your new 350Z has arrived and you can pick it up at your convenience. We're open 'till 9.

Paperwork's done, key is in hand, and you make your way to your new car and fire up the engine, taking in the beautiful exhaust note as it fills the cabin.

You could go to your best friends house to show off your new toy, or you could cruise the hood and count the head-turns and stares. Or you could take it straight home and stare at it for a day.

So where you gonna go?
Old 07-18-2002, 05:23 AM
Thunderbolt
Charter Member #88

Lots and lots of twisty back roads here in Tennessee. I feel the need to find out where they all lead to.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:24 AM
gstdtim

I'm gonna cruise and get the break-in period over with!
Old 07-18-2002, 05:35 AM
350zpower

takin her straight to home base .. my garage .. she is gonna get 1 or 2 days in there while her presence sinks in.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:39 AM
mcclaskz

I will drive to my parents' house and park it next to my father's originally owned 1970 240Z. I probably won't give him the key, to get him back for when he wouldn't give me his! j/k
Old 07-18-2002, 05:51 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Default Re: So where you gonna go?

Originally posted by wxtornado
The day is upon us. Today you received the long awaited phone call from your dealer. Congratulations, your new 350Z has arrived and you can pick it up at your convenience. We're open 'till 9.

Paperwork's done, key is in hand, and you make your way to your new car and fire up the engine, taking in the beautiful exhaust note as it fills the cabin.

You could go to your best friends house to show off your new toy, or you could cruise the hood and count the head-turns and stares. Or you could take it straight home and stare at it for a day.

So where you gonna go?
Depends what day it is! Hopefully Friday or Saturday! Well most likely follow my wife back to the house to drop off the other car. And then...................... It's On!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2002, 05:58 AM
3rdpower

1. check and cross check everything on the car AGAIN
2. kiss the car
3. put *** in seat
4. slowly exit the dealer
5. drive slower down the street
6. break in the car .... low speed, high speed, low speed...
7. road trip
8. kiss the car
9. new rims, slightly tinted brownish windows, 3M protection
10. Zaino Brothers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 times
11. kiss the car
12. go pick up chicks
13. pick up more chicks
14. go to the track
15. go back to the track
16. build a house at the track

It's all mapped out baby!
Old 07-18-2002, 06:54 AM
LowFuel

Well, technically Im going to hit the freeway to head back to San Diego from Dallas.

But my first REAL drive, will be Mt. Palomar here in San Diego. Any SoCal people here who want to join me, lets organize something. The first SoCal 350Z drive.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:14 AM
nizl

Originally posted by LowFuel
But my first REAL drive, will be Mt. Palomar here in San Diego. Any SoCal people here who want to join me, lets organize something.
rpgonzalez and I are in San Diego... I'm down... club Z in SD should get a Palomar mountain ride going on!
Old 07-18-2002, 07:49 AM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, its just really dawned on me that i wont be able to zoom out of the dealer's office and accelerate very fast on the road my first ride. Damn break-in period. I think i'm just going to have to cruise for a very long time the first day and get it the hell over with.
Old 07-18-2002, 08:42 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

My dealer is far too conveniently located, just a couple of miles from home. So no excuse for a long initial drive! But still I will take the day off work, do a nice long drive (at varying RPM) to get through the break-in (or at least a good chunk of it). And then let out the reins a little bit! There are some nice twisty roads around here. Woo-hoo!
Old 07-18-2002, 10:12 AM
ZON

Originally posted by z350z
[BThere are some nice twisty roads around here. Woo-hoo! [/B]
Do you know about Hicks road z350z? How about Uvas road? I think I'll take a ride from where I live in Morgan Hill through the west hills to cut over too Uvas Rd. and take that too Almaden Valley where I grew up. I'll cruise around there and then take the road by way of New Almaden up too Mt. Umenum. When I get there I'll break open a bottle of fine champaigne and have a glass, just a glass. Then I will take some pictures of my Daytona Blue Baby overlooking the Santa Clara Co. and S.F. Bay. WILD!!
Old 07-18-2002, 05:26 PM
ITZBITZ

I say, break it in where you plan to use it. Might as well get it used to the idea:
Old 07-18-2002, 06:02 PM
mysteriumZ
Charter Member #101

drive to manhattan, cruise on fifth ave down to south street sea port. then get back to long island pick up girl friend and then cruise on ocean parkway jones beach. finally kiss my car and say good night.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:05 PM
jz350

i.m going to take the long way home from the dealership & spend countless hours detailing my car.
Old 07-18-2002, 08:53 PM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Originally posted by throbbing_Zon

Do you know about Hicks road z350z? How about Uvas road? I think I'll take a ride from where I live in Morgan Hill through the west hills to cut over too Uvas Rd. and take that too Almaden Valley where I grew up. I'll cruise around there and then take the road by way of New Almaden up too Mt. Umenum. When I get there I'll break open a bottle of fine champaigne and have a glass, just a glass. Then I will take some pictures of my Daytona Blue Baby overlooking the Santa Clara Co. and S.F. Bay. WILD!!
Wow -- Uvas road is really really close to me! I live in Gilroy, so it's a short run down the street to Watsonville road and up to Uvas. I used to ride that a lot on my motorcycle (sold now to pay for the Z) and SLK. Also over Mount Madonna to Santa Cruz (great road but you have to pick the right time or its loaded with slow traffic). Sounds like we're both in the same area (and mine is Daytona Blue too!)
Old 07-18-2002, 10:17 PM
ZON

Originally posted by z350z

Wow -- Uvas road is really really close to me! I live in Gilroy, so it's a short run down the street to Watsonville road and up to Uvas. I used to ride that a lot on my motorcycle (sold now to pay for the Z) and SLK. Also over Mount Madonna to Santa Cruz (great road but you have to pick the right time or its loaded with slow traffic). Sounds like we're both in the same area (and mine is Daytona Blue too!)
DUDE!! Hey I had deduced that you might live in San Jose but you live in Gilroy!! Right on! I live in Morgan Hill as I said. Oh yes hwy 152 over too Watsonville would be a good one at the right time. And on the other side the Hwy 156 on the way too Los Banos would be real good because it is a FAST two lane Freeway in the twisty hills, get's windy a lot though. Your right that we are loaded with great roads though. Well I'm not getting mine until December now because I swung a trade with a guy so I can get me a Blue one. You'll be well broke in by then. But I'll make sure to hook up with you if you want when I get mine. Merry Christmas!! Mike