Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The First time..........

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 09:48 AM
carlitoss2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The First time..........

No it's not what you think, but it still hurts. I got my first big scratch on my Z this morning on my way to work. It's nothing to visible because it wasn't in the body but it still hurts. I was on my way to work this morning and I was way in a hurry cuz when it happend. I oversteered and hit the curve with my front rim. It's a pretty big scratch and it hurt so bad. I couldn't stop thinking about it the whole way to work and was hoping that I'd only hit the tire, but I didn't. I hit the wheel as well. It's only my stock rim and I'm sure I'll replace them eventually. It didn't help either when a couple of nights ago somebody thought it would be funny to throw a garden rock at my car..........yes, it did hit the car, on the winshield, and yes, it did leave a mark...............those punks.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:58 AM
JAB_06-350Z

I know how you feel. My Z is 8 weeks old and without a scratch or ding. Even bugs are wiped off daily. But I know it's coming. The first scratch is the one that will hurt the worst. Glad yours was the rim instead of the body. But still........
Old 12-06-2006, 10:17 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This thread needs some photos.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:05 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB_06-350Z
I know how you feel. My Z is 8 weeks old and without a scratch or ding. Even bugs are wiped off daily. But I know it's coming. The first scratch is the one that will hurt the worst. Glad yours was the rim instead of the body. But still........
my first [and only!] scratch happened the day after i got it. don't know how or who but someone left a shallow 1 inch scratch on the driver's side rear fender. i almost cried. the dealership owed me a full in/out detailing [which OH GOD they suck at] and they managed to buff it out or clean it up or something.... you can only see it now if you know it's there.

i know it's there.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:07 PM
insomniaxvi

Originally Posted by oneDIRTYz
my first [and only!] scratch happened the day after i got it. don't know how or who but someone left a shallow 1 inch scratch on the driver's side rear fender. i almost cried. the dealership owed me a full in/out detailing [which OH GOD they suck at] and they managed to buff it out or clean it up or something.... you can only see it now if you know it's there.

i know it's there.

Better knock on wood.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:40 PM
kPaNdA350

Originally Posted by carlitoss2000
No it's not what you think, but it still hurts. I got my first big scratch on my Z this morning on my way to work. It's nothing to visible because it wasn't in the body but it still hurts. I was on my way to work this morning and I was way in a hurry cuz when it happend. I oversteered and hit the curve with my front rim. It's a pretty big scratch and it hurt so bad. I couldn't stop thinking about it the whole way to work and was hoping that I'd only hit the tire, but I didn't. I hit the wheel as well. It's only my stock rim and I'm sure I'll replace them eventually. It didn't help either when a couple of nights ago somebody thought it would be funny to throw a garden rock at my car..........yes, it did hit the car, on the winshield, and yes, it did leave a mark...............those punks.
Some pics? I feel your pain, when I first scratched my front bumper on the left side, I could not stop feeling bad about it.

I had some punks shoot at me with a bb gun as I was driving down the neighborhood....