Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

have you guys ever

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 08:45 AM
blazefast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LIdrew
Happened to me before. Just have to rememeber to be careful.

For example: One time I was outside washing my car and I see this beat up ricer integra coming down the road about 20 mph with nobody in the car!! It just keeps going about 100 yards and drifts off the road into a tree. I go over and look at it and then walk up the street to the guys house who owns the Integra. He's inside eating a sandwich. I say " Man, you know your car just rolled down the street and hit a tree"

When you get lazy bad things happen. That car could have rolled over some kid or hit another car.
ahahah that had to be the funniest picture ever. I would have LOLed so hard... but at the same time, felt bad for the poor guy. Everyone makes mistakes. How bad was the damage?
Old 12-08-2006, 08:49 AM
Xx SiFaKa

Originally Posted by LIdrew
Happened to me before. Just have to rememeber to be careful.

For example: One time I was outside washing my car and I see this beat up ricer integra coming down the road about 20 mph with nobody in the car!! It just keeps going about 100 yards and drifts off the road into a tree. I go over and look at it and then walk up the street to the guys house who owns the Integra. He's inside eating a sandwich. I say " Man, you know your car just rolled down the street and hit a tree"

When you get lazy bad things happen. That car could have rolled over some kid or hit another car.
So the guy turned on his integra and accidentally let the clutch out with his car in 1st gear and panicked and ran inside and made a sandwich and let his car roll down the street? If not I don't see how that went along with the topic? Lol
Old 12-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Jonathan Allyn

I always just pull my ebrake and make sure its locked tight before I get out.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:05 AM
The Mr Guinness

Originally Posted by AbsolutSpeedZ
haha, I've been in a rush to go somewhere and I've forgotten to push the clutch in and I'm like "wtf, my car won't start....(10 seconds later) GOD I'M AN IDIOT".
I do this all the time, especially since the Z whip is my weekend ride and I get used to driving the automatic during the week.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Nizmo66

Arrow

Originally Posted by roast
my car is going on 3 years and has never been stalled once.
Dude your a douchebag and a showoff no one cares
Old 12-08-2006, 11:24 AM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nizmo66
You and your 4 posts must be a friggin' genius. Obviously you care or you wouldn't have opened your mouth. I smell a troll from the mustang thread in the street forum. Ignorance is bliss.

Last edited by roast; 12-08-2006 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:38 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

maybe once or twice in my life
Old 12-08-2006, 12:10 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizmo66
You and your 4 posts must be a friggin' genius. Obviously you care or you wouldn't have opened your mouth. I smell a troll from the mustang thread in the street forum. Ignorance is bliss.
I smell a troll too....
Old 12-08-2006, 12:18 PM
deezz

Originally Posted by mc350z
ive never done that but one time i did leave it out of gear without the parking brake on in my garage.

i went back out to the garage an hour later to do some laundry and the car had rolled back about 3 or 4 feet and was resting against the garage door. no scratches

HaHa...that happened to me w/ my 94 Probe GT. I was at Subway and this lady came in and said "There's a Probe creeping out of a parking space" I damn near jumped out of my skin gettin out the door. I had rolled down a small incline about 10 feet. Got lucky I didn't cause an accident. Kinda Pre-Ghost Ridin' the whip.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Mrpeepers

I do this crap all the time..well not ALL the time. I almost knocked my girlfriend out starting the car not knowing it was in 1st gear when she was about to get in the car.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:30 PM
BULL3T

i did this in my g once...freaked me out
Old 12-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Spideynw

I have done it twice, after leaving my car for service. I always park it in neutral, but those jokers always park it in first gear.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:15 PM
ouch1011

My brother forgot to put on his e-brake in a parking spot once with his new car. Rolled back, out of the parking spot, across the road, into an Explorer. Pushed in the corner of the bumper cover about 6 inches. It looked terrible, but all I had to do was take off the bumper cover, push the dent out, put it back on, buff it and it wasn't even noticable anymore.

As for popping the clutch in first, yeah, I've done that. I almost always park with the car in neutral with the e-brake on, but all of us make mistakes occasionally. One time, I did this on a slight down hill, and the combo of the hill and the engine overpowered the e-brake, and the car started driving on its own, with another car just in front of me. Narrowly avoided an accident there
Old 12-09-2006, 06:12 AM
Fletch69z

I always check whether I'm in gear before letting off the clutch.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:03 AM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeah I've done this once or twice....always a nice surprise when the car wants to go before I do. On flat surfaces I park it in neutral with the e-brake on, but on inclines I will also put it in first gear or reverse, depending on the direction of the incline.

Speaking of the jokers who are the techs at car dealerships, they ALWAYS leave my car parked on an incline in gear but without the ebrake. It seems to me that this puts undue stress on the transmission because the gears are effectively holding the weight of the car in place on the hill. At least the ebrake takes up most of the resistance from the car's weight and leaves the tranny unloaded.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Manu

It's not that bad if you don't do it too often.

Go to any large industrial ports and have a look at how the cars are being loaded on/off boats. The workers who do it are paid by car. They don't have time to nanny them. They start them in first, without clutch and pedal to the metal.

Oh and yeah, if you ever get to a situation where you engine dies and your car is in a dangerous spot (in a turn for instance) and no-one can help you push the car, you can use this technique to move a couple of meters. It's a last resort though...
Old 12-09-2006, 09:02 AM
roast

Originally Posted by Manu
It's not that bad if you don't do it too often.

Go to any large industrial ports and have a look at how the cars are being loaded on/off boats. The workers who do it are paid by car. They don't have time to nanny them. They start them in first, without clutch and pedal to the metal.

Oh and yeah, if you ever get to a situation where you engine dies and your car is in a dangerous spot (in a turn for instance) and no-one can help you push the car, you can use this technique to move a couple of meters. It's a last resort though...

wtf you talkin bout willis? You CANNOT initiate the starter in new cars without the clutch pedal fully depressed...
Old 12-09-2006, 09:37 AM
insomniaxvi

wtf you talkin bout willis? You CANNOT initiate the starter in new cars without the clutch pedal fully depressed...
This is true...
Newer cars won't allow allow the driver to start the engine with the clutch engaged...
Old 12-09-2006, 10:04 AM
gabez33

yea I did this a while back, it doesnt damage anything does it?
Old 12-09-2006, 11:06 PM
Zmazing03

No sir. Every time I park the car is either in 1st or R with the parking brake on. I start the car and then I move the stick around until I am convinced its not in gear, and then let out the clutch.

I have however, when I am parked and ready to get out, put the car in gear and let out the clutch just a moment too soon and the car lurches foward a bit as its shutting down. Done that a few times, but luckily nothing around to hurt the Z.

Quick Reply: have you guys ever