Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Learn How To Drive People!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Octogoogles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Learn How To Drive People!!!!

So I am at the movies and I saw Dejavu (Totally predictable and stupid movie) I come out to the parking lot and there is a huge dent in my back fender!!! What the Fushnicken!!

I look at it and it was'nt the standard "I am a redneck so I open my door with my foot to get my fat **** out of the truck!" No, the sperson was backing up and scraped their front fender along my back fender.

Leave a note you ask! NO!!
Cameras of the parking lot NO!!

Me pissed YES!!

I am from Norway where first of all it takes nine months of classes, driving and theoretical, to get your license, second there are some pretty tight roads in Oslo and parking is sparse so if an accident does happen then you have the courtesy to leave a note on the car.

You just don't see this stuff over there, it boggles my mind that someone has a license and can not back out of a frigging parking space!!

Anywho good excuse to look at a widebody I guess......

I just needed to vent, i fell better..............
Old 12-14-2006, 09:24 AM
wildone_106

It was probably some 14 year old with no insurance, if that makes U feel better?:P
Old 12-14-2006, 09:27 AM
Deftones

Welcome to America. Home to some of the most inconsiderate, idiotic, insecure, cowardly, unresponsible people in the entire world. Here, if a person can get away with doing something, they usually do. Who cares about what is "right". Here, we neuter our pets because we lack ***** ourselves.

Last edited by Deftones; 12-14-2006 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:32 AM
Alang

Probably someone in a vehicle that is too big for them talking on a phone and didn't even register that they hit you.

I actually flagged someone down in a parking lot that I saw hit another car. He denied that he hit anyone even after I told him I witnessed it! I left his plate number and my contact info on the car that was hit. I never heard from anyone, so I assume the owner just filed a hit and run claim or simply didn't care.

Many people take the attitude that the other person's insurance will pay, so why worry about it. Not saying its right, just a common position.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:34 AM
DaveZ06

That sucks..

but why get a wide bodykit if your streets are really narrow?? Wouldn't you get a hit and run more often if your car is wider? Just a thought
Old 12-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Octogoogles

He he no I am from Norway where the streets are narrow, but I live in Texas where streets and parking spaces are huge!!

Yet I managed to get hit while the car is sitting still in a parking lot
Old 12-14-2006, 12:00 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Octogoogles
He he no I am from Norway where the streets are narrow, but I live in Texas where streets and parking spaces are huge!!

Yet I managed to get hit while the car is sitting still in a parking lot
That's why I don't park amongst the heathens.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Zmazing03

Uncool. They say everything is bigger in Texas, including peoples idocy.

What the Fushnicken!!
BTW, I am using that, right along with Shizzah!
Old 12-14-2006, 09:32 PM
HighwaySpeed

Thumbs up

Welcome to Texas!

Buy a Titan king cab!
Old 12-16-2006, 06:18 AM
Octogoogles

Heh I don't park next to pick up trucks either. I took a loooooooong walk to stay out of trouble. Still someone messed up my car Makes it that much more aggrevating. Now I have to take 1000 k or so out of my FI fund
Old 12-16-2006, 08:09 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to America. Drivers will run over people and not leave a note.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:15 AM
Xoulrath

I hate ****-holes who can't drive. The fact these f'ers don't care just makes it that much worse.

Sorry to hear about that, man.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Mid117

Originally Posted by Deftones
Welcome to America. Home to some of the most inconsiderate, idiotic, insecure, cowardly, unresponsible people in the entire world. Here, if a person can get away with doing something, they usually do. Who cares about what is "right". Here, we neuter our pets because we lack ***** ourselves.
That is sig material right there.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Fletch69z

That sucks. Sorry to hear it...
Old 12-19-2006, 12:46 PM
ODB42

My Z was swiped in a parking lot a few months ago even though I was parked way out with no other cars around. They left a nice little scrape on the right rear bumper area and no note; of course. I almost had it fixed last month. Good thing I didn't. I got rear ended by a 300SD last week and that took care of the scrape. Now I'll get a new rear panel shell and it will look like new. Saved myself $400.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:50 PM
03performz

Originally Posted by wildone_106
It was probably some illegal immigrant with no insurance, if that makes U feel better?:P
fixed.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Kurru

i think part of why ppl run from **** like this is the circumstances.
I was in my truck and this girl parkedbehind me on a ****ty angle in my blind spot like next to me almost. hard to explain but if she was parked right i wouldn't have had any problems.
i back out and i feel a bump i get out and see i owned her fender. so i be the good person and find the girl inside her work and i tell her what happened (she was 16 her folks car) and told her to call her parents and the police to file a report and blah blah blah.

Well the cop comes and writes the report up, gives us each a copy (by way i had no damage and i did 1000+ to her cavy. Pwn3d)
Then he says "i'm giving u a citation for 80 dollars for 'Unsafe Backing."

i point out when they first got there my truck was straight and everything. but because she wasn't in her car it wasn't her fault even though she had a ****ty parking job.
I went to court for the citation and lost. judge was as big of a douche as the cop, cause afterall why do they care? it's more city revenue and bigger checks for them right?

well not to drag it out, but it was a small parking lot at night no one was around when it happened. i could have left without anyone knowing for hours.
I did the 'right thing' and i got ****ed for it x2. Insurance and a ****ty fine thanks to her awesome parking abilities.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Krux

Originally Posted by Kurru
i think part of why ppl run from **** like this is the circumstances.
I was in my truck and this girl parkedbehind me on a ****ty angle in my blind spot like next to me almost. hard to explain but if she was parked right i wouldn't have had any problems.
i back out and i feel a bump i get out and see i owned her fender. so i be the good person and find the girl inside her work and i tell her what happened (she was 16 her folks car) and told her to call her parents and the police to file a report and blah blah blah.

Well the cop comes and writes the report up, gives us each a copy (by way i had no damage and i did 1000+ to her cavy. Pwn3d)
Then he says "i'm giving u a citation for 80 dollars for 'Unsafe Backing."

i point out when they first got there my truck was straight and everything. but because she wasn't in her car it wasn't her fault even though she had a ****ty parking job.
I went to court for the citation and lost. judge was as big of a douche as the cop, cause afterall why do they care? it's more city revenue and bigger checks for them right?

well not to drag it out, but it was a small parking lot at night no one was around when it happened. i could have left without anyone knowing for hours.
I did the 'right thing' and i got ****ed for it x2. Insurance and a ****ty fine thanks to her awesome parking abilities.

You will die a happy man knowing YOU did the right thing even if the judicial system did not. kudos to you.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Octogoogles

I don't know about any cops beeing involved. In Norway unless there is personal injury and or one of the cars are imobile the cops does not have to be involved. Of course you can't sue if some one farts up wind from you either which I guess you can here. Anywho I have to get the rear fender painted so i will get my body kit and everything in and paint it all in one go. It will make me feel a little better.

Oh and I still enjoy being here
Old 12-20-2006, 05:08 AM
davidf

Welcome to Texas, yes people drive like **** here. Sorry bout your dent.

Quick Reply: Learn How To Drive People!!!!