Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Good age to own a Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 07:35 PM
ZCARBANDIT
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It all depends on your natural driving skill and experience. Everyone is different. I wouldn't want this car at 16 years old. I would probably have had the gas pedal taken out and had footpedals put in by my parents years ago.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:36 PM
350 Rookie
Banned

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ

you're gay for adding that awesome opinion of yours to this gay thread.
Back at ya!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 07:40 PM
StewartZ

I'm 17 and well being immature sometimes becomes a problem... I have had my Z for about a month and a haf now for the first week i was extremely immature mostly because I drove an Xterra and well going into a fast car I was a little overwhelmed...
I'm starting to really just take it easy on the streets and just enjoy just driving the speed limit... But every once in a while I catch myself flooring it but I dont have the ***** to go but 20 over the speed limit haha I just think of what could happen if I were to get a ticket... And I have plenty of people on here that hate me but I blame it on me... I use to come on this forum and talk about racing and stuff but I got some scense knocked into me. I learned quickly...
So age doesn't matter its all about how mature you are behind the wheel, whether you be 17 or 50

Oh and I know somebody will ask... yes I am making some payments towards my car :]
Old 12-18-2006, 07:42 PM
xalos1

I'm 29 and just got my Z about 2 months ago... I was so happy with the accomplishment. This past weekend, a friend of mine who didn't even finished highschool got a Ferrari and he is just 24.

Smart guy, got into realstate at 21 and is doing really good...
Old 12-18-2006, 07:46 PM
StewartZ

Originally Posted by xalos1
I'm 29 and just got my Z about 2 months ago... I was so happy with the accomplishment. This past weekend, a friend of mine who didn't even finished highschool got a Ferrari and he is just 24.

Smart guy, got into realstate at 21 and is doing really good...
See that is the kinda of thing that would **** me off... dropped out of high school and has a Ferrari while you went through college worked your *** off and finally got a Z at 29 gosh dang

But congratulations man... have fun and drive safely
Old 12-18-2006, 08:15 PM
n8vz

[QUOTE=StewartZ]See that is the kinda of thing that would **** me off... dropped out of high school and has a Ferrari while you went through college worked your *** off and finally got a Z at 29 gosh dang

No reason to get pissed off. You can't go wrong with a decent education. Back in the early 90's (in high school), a guy few years ahead of me dropped out and made a big deal about how he was going to make money on his questionable "mail order" business. Anyhow, within a year, he was among the 1st to drive around town in a Mitsu 3000GT VR-4. Fast forward a few years (when I was in college) this guy was investigated by couple of agencies for mail order fraud and lost everything. Rumor has it that he is sleeping on the streets.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:49 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The right age to buy a Z is when your brain can control your right foot; for most people that's probably north of 21.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:33 PM
horse110

Originally Posted by kylekyle350z
when i was 18 i bought my Z and payed it off. Im 19 now. I love my job
What do you do to pay it off in a year?
Old 12-18-2006, 09:44 PM
mondi

Default Lol

damn dude wat do u do that u paid it off in a yr..sell drugs?

sike j/k im a server over here in maryland and i make about 800-1000 a week. i am 18 and i bought my Z about a month ago. I drove SUV's...got pulled over going 107 on a 55mph and got off with a warning by a state trooper..i still dont know how but i hardly ever speed. just got unlucky at the moment.

it all depends the kind of person you are.

im goin more for the looks than perfomance, not much of a racer
Old 12-18-2006, 09:49 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by StewartZ
Oh and I know somebody will ask... yes I am making SOME payments towards my car :]
Old 12-18-2006, 09:50 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by kylekyle350z
when i was 18 i bought my Z and payed it off. Im 19 now. I love my job
WHO CARES!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:50 PM
rlw222

Originally Posted by md350
It depends on the person as to whether or not they can handle it.

However, regardless of age I'd never buy a kid a car like this. That's something they should earn on their own.

+1
Old 12-18-2006, 10:04 PM
faster than u

i got my z when i was 17, now im 18 and im on my second one cause i was hi,t but i have seen some fuc*ing dumb kids my age and wonder why their parents bought them the car, i consider myseld mature enough to own the new zo6. but its what ever, most people who see kids driving these cars and hate on them is because their jellous, i get **** all the time but my car is my baby, regaurdles of what u big old mature adults say
Old 12-19-2006, 12:42 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by carlitoss2000
I'm noticing that alot of people here who own Z are still under the age of 18.
Wrong. What you may see is drivers under 18. But owner? I doubt it. The name on the title is the owner.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:45 AM
Simanas

It doesn't matter what age you are. If your a wreckless driver you'll continue to be one reguardless of what type of car you own and how old you are. I find it funny though when I see parents get there kids nice cars and they get into there first accident and don't learn that they shouldn't get there kid that type of car there just not ready for it, but yet they still get them an overpriced car and continue to shell out money because the same things keep happening over and over. Back to the op's qustion though. It's not about the money, I just won't get my children a 300 hp sports coupe as there first car.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:23 AM
Agnst The Grain

Originally Posted by mondi
sike j/k im a server over here in maryland and i make about 800-1000 a week. i am 18 and i bought my Z about a month ago. I drove SUV's...got pulled over going 107 on a 55mph and got off with a warning by a state trooper..i still dont know how but i hardly ever speed. just got unlucky at the moment.
BS!!! no way in this universe can u go 50mph over the speed limit n not get a ticket or worse your car towed by a State trooper no less. you must have bribed your *** off. that is unbelievable. i kno u must have shyt urself lol.

but anywayz here in jersey it is like impossible to get your lisence b4 18 with all the new laws and regulations and high *** insurance. but personaly i 8 points on my lisence got caught speeding 3x but twice was some bullshyt but one time yeah i was speeding. 2 other bs tickets for cops bein dicks. n this was all in like my focus, or my old '89 accord, '97 chrysler cirrus, and like a '93 oldsmobile. i've been driving since i was 17 and i'ma be 22 in january so about 5 years under my belt and i'm saving up for my Z.

I originaly wanted either an M3 or STI but they are both 2 expensive and the newer models will be out in '08. I never had a car in my name and with my driving record my car insurance is gonna be min $5000 every 6 months freakin jersey insurance. but i've learned to be responsible even tho i was racing on saturday. i beat a Honda Prelude in my Ford Focus ZTS that was fun. When I get the Z i will be careful but i will race my boy he has a RSX Type S and he is always jokin on my focus so i'll show him
Old 12-19-2006, 05:39 AM
kmag52

I would let my 18 year old drive my Z...he is a very good driver and to be honest has been driving (in the country with me) for quite sometime. But now my 21 year old ...forget it....he will never drive my car. So age means nothing ....it is the driver not the age that determines how bad or good you are.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:35 AM
azula

Well I'm 24 yrs old and I got my Z when I was 22. After reading this bored, it sounds like I got my Z at an old age.....lol. I take my time when I drive, but I won't sit here and say I never race....I'm just smart enough to know the repercussions of driving stupid.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:05 AM
jeeper78

Originally Posted by wckdclw
well im 19....as of dec 2nd and got my z a week before....it just depends on the person like everyone else has said....ive gotten 2 tickets, seatbelt and a 70 in a 55....the z is my 7th car...i only wrecked my 1st one...just because im younger doesnt mean im gonna drive like a dick everywhere....its just kinda pointless to do that.....ill race other cars occasionally.....but i dont drive like some of you are assuming anyone under a certain age will
How are you on your 7th car already and you're 19? You change cars every 6mo?? I'm turning 28 in 2 weeks, and I'm on my 2nd vehicle. Didn't get my first one until I was 22, traded it in for the Jeep. Z will hopefully be my 3rd.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:23 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by jOeL350z
i really dont think it matters at what age you drive the car. Id love to drive them while im young to enjoy it because as you get older you tend to be more careful and do less speeding as supposed someone from high school. To me, i would be proud to pull up on traffic light whose car is same as mine like the z when im only 19yrs of age and he is like 40's. But then again the conclusion is whether you can afford it or not. Not only the car but the insurance as well.

I think he just summed the whole debate up.

Quick Reply: Good age to own a Z