Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

MY 350z Destroyed!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 04:27 AM
Moreorles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roast
Because any non-idiot can tell from simply looking at the damage to the car that it was moving at a high rate of speed, not to mention all the evidence at the scene of the accident. Anytime you have a single car accident that didn't get dropped off a cliff and the damage is that bad... it's blatantly obvious that the car was hauling ***. The poster said (after I estimated 100+) that the cops estimated speed over 80-90mph. Gee how did I make such a good guess?

When I got in my wreck I was doing 105mph and the cop estimated my speed by "highway standards" that I was doing at least 85. Only a jackass idiot would "fight" something where they were totally and obviously 100% at fault... typical american thing to do right? In my case I talked to the DA who had mercy on me. I did not try to fight anything... more like beg for leniency because I was damn lucky to even be alive. The DA dropped my ticket to two installments of $25 and put me on driving probation. You can fight your little heart out though....
So by your way of thinking, if someone thinks you did something you are guilty and should pay. No way. I would spend as much money as it took to fight this.My wife and I were in a pretty bad accident in an MR2. We were driving about 45 mph, 5 mph under the posted speed limit. The cop cited her for wreckless driving and too fast for conditions. We fought it and won. The cop assumed we had been speeding but of course had no real way to prove it. The car looked really bad therefore we must have been speeding and driving bad.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:30 AM
linknpark15

looks like the only thing that survived is your antenna, gas cap and driverside z emblem...ouch...
Old 12-20-2006, 04:45 AM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Moreorles
So by your way of thinking, if someone thinks you did something you are guilty and should pay. No way.
If that's what you gathered from my post you need to go back to school and learn to read.

I would spend as much money as it took to fight this.My wife and I were in a pretty bad accident in an MR2. We were driving about 45 mph, 5 mph under the posted speed limit.
So you think comparing apples to oranges is somehow relevant to the situation? You weren't speeding, the poster was speeding by a large margin. I'm sorry but there is just a little bit of a difference there. You're saying this guy should fight something he knows he is undoubtedly guilty of? Very classy and respectable, let me tell you.

I guess that's the american way, after all.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:49 AM
nothingremains

is it totaled?
Old 12-20-2006, 04:52 AM
Jonathan Allyn

HOLY ****!!

Wow your a very lucky person. Sorry for your loss
Old 12-20-2006, 05:12 AM
Moreorles

If that's what you gathered from my post you need to go back to school and learn to read.

So you think comparing apples to oranges is somehow relevant to the situation? You weren't speeding, the poster was speeding by a large margin. I'm sorry but there is just a little bit of a difference there. You're saying this guy should fight something he knows he is undoubtedly guilty of? Very classy and respectable, let me tell you.

I guess that's the american way, after all.
The cop thought he was speeding therefore cited him. The cop thought he was quilty so fined him. Just like I said. If someone thinks you are guilty then you are. That is how cops and apparently you think. My point with my accident was this. If you looked at our MR2 you would have thought that we must have been speeding. Anyone would have come to that conclusion; however we were not. What you see with your eyes is not always the truth. Just because physical evidence at the scene says someone was speeding doesn't mean they were.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:56 AM
roast

The cop thought he was speeding therefore cited him. The cop thought he was quilty so fined him. Just like I said. If someone thinks you are guilty then you are. That is how cops and apparently you think. My point with my accident was this. If you looked at our MR2 you would have thought that we must have been speeding. Anyone would have come to that conclusion; however we were not. What you see with your eyes is not always the truth. Just because physical evidence at the scene says someone was speeding doesn't mean they were.
Look if I saw the scene of your accident and saw a half mile long skid mark with debris strung across 2 different counties... you were speeding. Period. Now shut your piehole.

Nevermind the guy already admitted he was driving way too fast. You really have no argument. But you know what... you're right. Fight EVERYTHING. You are never wrong! Americans should screw the system every chance they get... hell they do anyway.

Gotta love it....
Old 12-20-2006, 07:24 AM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

umm... for lack of better words, ouch.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:27 AM
Moreorles

Look if I saw the scene of your accident and saw a half mile long skid mark with debris strung across 2 different counties... you were speeding. Period. Now shut your piehole.

Nevermind the guy already admitted he was driving way too fast. You really have no argument. But you know what... you're right. Fight EVERYTHING. You are never wrong! Americans should screw the system every chance they get... hell they do anyway.

Gotta love it....

In my opinion, the system is screwing him. I know he admitted fault. That was his first and biggest mistake. What is your holdup against Americans? Your attitude toward Americans makes this my last comment.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:28 AM
350Z_LEE

WTB: smoked taillights!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 07:36 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahmads350z
OMFG!
dude i am happy you are ok
i just got out of an accident and it isnt a easy thing to swallow even if you are ok...
RIP!!
Dewd! Show us some pictures of that carnage!
Old 12-20-2006, 07:38 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
totaled? no way man, a good bodyshop could have that baby up and running like new.

I think we found your adjuster.

Glad to see you came out of it ok. I've seen much less damage and everyone was killed. I guess you just never know. It was not your time.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:24 AM
roast

In my opinion, the system is screwing him. I know he admitted fault. That was his first and biggest mistake. What is your holdup against Americans? Your attitude toward Americans makes this my last comment.
The system is screwing him? The last time I checked doing 100mph on a back road was reckless driving. He knew the rules. He screwed himself. I'm sorry but there isn't anyone screwing him. From his posts it seems like he is man enough (unlike some people) to step up and accept responsibility. I commend him for that.

My "holdup" against a lot of americans is that they have your mentality... they can do no wrong. They owe nothing yet everything is owed to them. Even when they are 100% at fault they somehow think the right thing to do is fight.

Ignorance is bliss. I'm glad I chose my words wisely in generalizing americans because I'm already tired of your weak sauce argument.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:51 AM
bofa

Originally Posted by pedroosan
Given the circumstances a joke is not really appropriate, but I can't resist pointing out that this was definitely not wreckless.
Haha... that popped into my head last night when I was going to bed.. doh!
Old 12-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Moreorles

My "holdup" against a lot of americans is that they have your mentality... they can do no wrong. They owe nothing yet everything is owed to them. Even when they are 100% at fault they somehow think the right thing to do is fight.
Well, here I go again. Ironically I am in no way one of those americans and have just as much distaste for those who do take advantage of the systems we have in place to help the needy and deserving. However, I am one of those Americans who can't stand the overpolicing that occurs in this country. If someone has a one car accident and does not admit guilt (unlike the current incident) and there are no witnesses, the justice system has no right to find that person guilty let alone even charge them in the first place. They are assuming a crime has been commited when there is no evidence that 100% says there was a crime. We have a large problem in this country with being considered guilty until proven innocent. Jails are full of people who have never stood trial, and when they finally do are found innocent. All they get is an "I'm sorry we wasted years of your life". The minute the cop in this incident arrived on the scene, he decided the driver of that Z was guilty. I guarantee it.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:57 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Amazing that you are alive. Thank God for that, forget the 350Z, there are plenty more where it came from, there is only one of you. Material things can always be replaced, given time and life.

I can't get over how lucky you are.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:03 AM
bofa

The system is screwing him? The last time I checked doing 100mph on a back road was reckless driving. He knew the rules. He screwed himself. I'm sorry but there isn't anyone screwing him. From his posts it seems like he is man enough (unlike some people) to step up and accept responsibility. I commend him for that.

Ignorance is bliss. I'm glad I chose my words wisely in generalizing americans because I'm already tired of your weak sauce argument.
Roast, your anti-American sentiment is ignorant. Don't turn this into a "you Americans" thing because I assure you that you will get flamed... err roasted.

No doubt that he messed up, however our wonderful judicial system allows us to be innocent until proven guilty without a shadow of a doubt. Let them prove exactly what he was doing and then they can fault him for it. Otherwise, he's still paying the cost of the insurance claims, injuries, humility, and losing what he put into his car. This could happen to anyone. His car could look like that if was going 50 or 100 mph given the right circumstances.

The fact is he didn't hurt anyone other than himself and his car (and a few trees apparently). He did this on an empty back road... smarter than some of the other incidents we've read on this board. If the system lets you fight it, then by all means take advantage of the opportunity to avoid further damage.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:14 AM
roast

Well, here I go again. Ironically I am in no way one of those americans and have just as much distaste for those who do take advantage of the systems we have in place to help the needy and deserving. However, I am one of those Americans who can't stand the overpolicing that occurs in this country. If someone has a one car accident and does not admit guilt (unlike the current incident) and there are no witnesses, the justice system has no right to find that person guilty let alone even charge them in the first place. They are assuming a crime has been commited when there is no evidence that 100% says there was a crime. We have a large problem in this country with being considered guilty until proven innocent. Jails are full of people who have never stood trial, and when they finally do are found innocent. All they get is an "I'm sorry we wasted years of your life". The minute the cop in this incident arrived on the scene, he decided the driver of that Z was guilty. I guarantee it.

Say he gets off with a slap on the wrist(like I did). A few months later he gets another Z and ends up doing the same thing. Except this time he kills your family in the process. I'd like to see you talk then. Your attitude would do a complete 180. Try to deny that and I'll call you a liar.

The fact that nobody was killed and no property was damaged does not imply no crime was committed. The cop obviously thought there was something worth writing him a ticket over - and wrote him one - rightfully so. So his insurance goes up a little. BIG DEAL. It's not like he's going to jail. But as they say... you do the crime - you do the time. I'm sure he is just glad to be ALIVE.

I'm not trying to sound like a pompous *** because believe you me... I've done my fair share of stupid things behind a wheel. I've been a very similar situation before and I know how it feels to be doing something totally insane... total your car... almost kill yourself... and then have to deal with the legal aftermath.

Anyway... enough bickering. I'm going to drink a beer right now celebrating that this dude is still alive for us to bicker over..
Old 12-20-2006, 10:17 AM
roast

Originally Posted by bofa
Roast, your anti-American sentiment is ignorant. Don't turn this into a "you Americans" thing because I assure you that you will get flamed... err roasted.
You sure sound proud of OJ and our legal system.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:18 AM
HighwaySpeed

Thumbs down

In my opinion, the system is screwing him. (I know he admitted fault.)
LOL!

Quick Reply: MY 350z Destroyed!!!!!!