Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I would like to discuss a few things

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 03:17 PM
hardrock905

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speck
I do not know how this became a discussion about what it cost to boost a Z that is not anything remotely close to what i was looking for.........
I have absolutely no idea how this topic came up?????

so the thought in my mind is this, sell all the parts from my tib, i might come out with 7k if i get lucky a lil more.. hopefully
buy a used 350z, and use that 7k or so, to boost the z

cliff notes: I have a boosted v6 6 speed tib, I want to trade on a Z, and I want to boost said Z, and would like advice/tips/concerns so on and so forth

thanks,
Matt
Old 12-28-2006, 03:22 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you driven the Z?

Be honest now..

Either way IMO, I'd stop sinking your money into the Tib.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Speck

Originally Posted by hardrock905
I have absolutely no idea how this topic came up?????

not on how much it cost, to boost one,..........
Old 12-28-2006, 03:36 PM
Speck

Originally Posted by 05-Z
Have you driven the Z?

Be honest now..

Either way IMO, I'd stop sinking your money into the Tib.

not yet

see had i driven it by now, im sure id have on sitting outside instead of a tib..
Old 12-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Speck

ok some of you are completely mis understand what i was getting at with the comment about the 7k$, i was simply implying, that i would have 7k, to start the process of boosting it with, and you guys, some of you; are dewlling on that, even though I have alredy said something about having no concern about what it cost. so can we get our of the price discussion? i dont care what it cost....
Old 12-28-2006, 03:44 PM
hardrock905

so can we get our of the price discussion? i dont care what it cost....
You are trying to decide whether to trade your tibby for a Z and you don't care what costs are involved in doing the mods you mentioned?? Interesting.
You are either very wealthy or are not serious about getting a Z??
Old 12-28-2006, 03:54 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Far out you guys are negative. Good luck Speck, if you choose to go with a 350. Yes, they are a bit more pricey than a lot of Jappa cars to mod, insure, just run in general, but that's all part of the fun aye.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:19 PM
davidf

You could go Vortech!! Just a thought.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Speck

Originally Posted by hardrock905
You are trying to decide whether to trade your tibby for a Z and you don't care what costs are involved in doing the mods you mentioned?? Interesting.
You are either very wealthy or are not serious about getting a Z??

or you dont know what it cost to mod a tiburon

I know guys with 30k$+ under the hood of thier cars that are still running 12's
sooo yea...

and as i have said two or three times now, I have alredy researched what parts are going to be
just a little here, pistons and rods for the Z are less than pistons and rods for the tib, the only company selling a piston/rod kit, is chargeing 1900$ for just that, all the piston/rod sets ive seen sofar for the z are reasonably priced ported upper intake manifold for the tib, 650$, lower.. 300$, completely custom made intake manifold that one shop made is over 1k for the upper

the alcohol injection kit they sell, 650$, thier turbo kit, 4k$, for a turbo, pipes, a wastegate, and a bov, .. injectors, tuner, fuel pump, intercooler... you know... good things to have.. noooootttttt includddded, water-air intercooler for said turbo kit... 2500$

built bottom end, just the short block, 4k$, you want the topend too? mm well pooey thats another 4k$.. oh btw thats with just the basic stuff, you want it bored? you want valves bored over? you want flowed heads? oooo be ready to anti up, my quot on the built motor was what 10k$... for just the motor, none of that includes shipping, or instalation

do we have axels??!?! nooo! guess what you break them.. you put stock ones on, unless you can have some fabed up, wich well, thats custom there, so be prepaird to bend over!

so im coming from a car, that isnt cheap to modify, because there is one, essentially one company right now, doing aftermarket parts, and they charge.. ALOT..

theres almost no aftermarket support..

so I would like a nice car, that is reasonable to modify, with good aftermarket support..

oh and btw. almost evryone i know with a tib, who has traded on a 350z, has had thier insurance go down, or stay the same, because theres alot of retards who wreck tibs.. ALOT.. and its expensive to fix... is that becuase its a nice expensive car? noooo thats caue its a pos, and evrything is in korea, and they charge 50* what the car cost, for all the parts...

then theres the pesky thing with it holding no value what so ever

ok the kinda advice i was wanting is stuff like,..... am i going to need to upgrade the valve springs, and at what point will i need to do so on this car, id like to know things like this, so that i dont do it, then float a valve and be like.. ahhh welll duuuuaaaaahh i guesss i shooulldaa uppgwaaded daaat deeeen huuuuh lol

if i do it, ill use an e-manage ultimate, or a hal tech standalone

garrett turbo or turbos, turbonettics wastegate(s), greddy bov, walboro fuel pump, ill look into injectors, maybe delphi i dont know yet, spearco intercooler, ill upgrade the axels, ill upgrade the clutch, whatever else needs to be done... so much to do.. soo much to list....

hey who makes lsd's for this car? does quaife? does anyone have any experiance with them to know, which one tends to work out the best. thats the kinda stuff i wanna know

now granted most people will spend 10k probably more? way more? to turbo a z, buy a built motor, buy a ready to go turbo kit, take it to a nice shop, that is going to butt rape them on install , and then take it to a reliab le place to have it tuned, the only thing you can bet on me doing, is taking it somewhere with a good reputation on tuning, motor you say? ill build it myself, turbo kit you say??? dooo it myself, its really not that hard, honestly, its not, i promise, install you say!?... bingo.. dooo it myself

retail prices you say!?!?! not a chance on your life

msrp?! whats that!!

so can we stop talkin about the cost of the mods? i assure you, i have looked into the cost of mods for this car you call Z, and I say, fine and dandy, im not some broke dip **** who wants to mod a 20 year old dsm, and spend a grand total of 2k$

altho i wouldnt mind having a VR4 to tinker with,
im the kind of dip****, that would buy a supra, and ****in go nuts on it, just because, i enjoy modding cars, its one of 2 or 3 hobbys on mine, i have cars, reef tanks, and, ill think of something else im sure..

will i have a steady enough income? i duno i got hosed on a hyundai, was paying 500$ a month for it, plus almost 200$ month for insurance (hey i get a pretty good insurance rate) plus a slew of other bills, and was still able to frrely sink 15k into the car, keep up my wonderful habbit, of eating a steak dinner evry night at a good resturant, and keep up lovely borderline alcoholism, and enjoy a 5th of crown, and a 5th of jack, and a 5th of makers mark, weekly.. , what can i say.. i like whiskey am i rich? not a ****ing chance on your life!.. do i enjoy the finer things in life... ****ing A right i do!

did i have a serious lapse of judgement, drive right past nissan and to hyundai trying to save a lil money..... god dammit yes, yes i did... had the plans been to boost the car from the begning, i would have got the Z... but hey.... we ALL make mistakes from time to time, and do plenty of stupid ****.. sooo what can i say.... what are ya gonna do huh... well

what i can do, is take the hunk of **** back to stock, trade it on a used 350z, payments will probably be less, be insurance will likely be the same, maybe less, worst case scenario it might go up 50$ a month, so what, my insurance just droped to like 120 a mo.

so nope, in the end, my answer is, I do NOT care, how much it cost to mod the Z cause its not gonna be TOOO much worse than the tib, and pound for pound, dollar for dollar, ill get more power out of the Z than the tib.. better handling... wow jesus ive just convinced my self here...
Old 12-28-2006, 07:24 PM
i8acobra

Received 1,276 Likes on 1,022 Posts

If you're looking for a good place to sell your parts or your car, check out my site... www.hyundaiperformance.com.

I know all about working on Hyundai's. My '01 2.0L Tib was making just shy of 200 hp n.a. when I sold it. Got tired of FWD.

Last edited by i8acobra; 12-28-2006 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Speck

Originally Posted by davidf
You could go Vortech!! Just a thought.

or i could get the stillen kit

who knows ill have to think about that..
Old 12-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Speck

Originally Posted by i8acobra
If you're looking for a good place to sell your parts or your car, check out my site... hyundaiperformance.com.

I know all about working on Hyundai's. My '01 2.0L Tib was making just shy of 200 hp n.a. when I sold it. Got tired of FWD.

i know of this forum, im a member at nt.com and crookedh.com

do you regret dumping hyundai like a bad habbit?
Old 12-28-2006, 07:32 PM
i8acobra

Received 1,276 Likes on 1,022 Posts

i know of this forum, im a member at nt.com and crookedh.com

do you regret dumping hyundai like a bad habbit?
We sold the site because someone made a good offer. I'm just taking a break from Hyundai. I still have another block in my garage that I plan on building and dropping into a gutted Accent. All that's going to have to wait until after I build my Z into a Supra killer.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:35 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Post pics of your Tibby so we can laugh at it.

No offense.

go naws
Old 12-28-2006, 07:44 PM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

if you love the 350Z you should get one.
Your budget you are willing to part with will decide how far you can go with mods. But if you love the car stock you will always be happy no matter what
Old 12-28-2006, 07:50 PM
_Donovan_

I have a Z for sale.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Speck

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
if you love the 350Z you should get one.
Your budget you are willing to part with will decide how far you can go with mods. But if you love the car stock you will always be happy no matter what

ok its dirty, and not close to where complete would be, but ok, and no, it doesnt have an intercooler, its on low boost, that was the next step but i stalled on doing anything..

and i had to put my old ****ty bumper on it, while my 05 bumper is in paint.. and yes i know i got a mess on the right hand side, thats the line for the oil pressure guage, it wasnt hooked up in the pic

i have half a ****ing mind to keep the tib, and get a Z also

and other pics

go ahead laugh it up at the rice doors

Last edited by Speck; 12-28-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:28 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Haha ricer doors. I think it's a good looking ride and nicer than your typical RSX/Celica. GL getting the Z.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:58 AM
xxgreatwarsxx

Nice ride
It seems to me that you are trying to convince yourself to get Z so get one!
I personally don't own Z, I own G ... I prefer the classy look of G and need the backseat since I like to go out w/ my friends sometimes hence I got G ... but both surely are great cars.
It would surely takes a quite $$ to FI VQ35 but it doesn't seem that $$ is a major factor for you.
Just an advise, if you are planning to go all out with FI (with 600+ whp in your mind), just get TT NOT SC or ST ... it should be easier and cheaper in the long run
Old 12-29-2006, 05:21 AM
Speck

I have always felt, that V style engines, prefer twin turbo to single, just, my preference lol

I would prefer to go twin turbo, I was going to go twin turbo on the tib, but I had a problem with the shop I had doing my pipeing. So, I was like, screw this, Ill go single. Then, I took it to a shop down here, and ended up getting thier kit, wich; dont get me wrong, is a nice kit, just; I enjoy desinging my own kit and doing it myself, alot more. Reason being it was in the shop, I ran out of time, had a big job, was working 18 hours a day on average, 7 days a week.

At any rate, I guess I have a huge decision on my hands. Sorry for all the spelling errors, I just woke up, and Im exahusted, so hah.

Money isnt a real concern because I know I will make it, only problem is, I am right slap in the middle of relocating my whol bussiness to a new state..

so It might take a few months to get setup again LOL

Thanks for the compliments on the tib, For what it is; it is a nice car, I will give it that. But, I dont know, I just think the Z would make a much nicer car for me lol

And, ontop of all of it, I really do not know, If i want a Z or a G, I love them both. oye lol

Quick Reply: I would like to discuss a few things