Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Where to buy a Kent-Moore tool? safety stand attachment

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 08:11 AM
Raistlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy a Kent-Moore tool? safety stand attachment

So after searching on here to find info on where to jack up the car. Found a bunch of threads, and a couple pics from the Shop Manual, like in this thread

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ht=jack+points

I called Kent-Moore SPX and they did not have that part listed LM4519-0000 Safety Stand Attachment. That is shown in the pic from the shop manual. So SPX referred me to a dealer parts number, called them and they did not know what I was talking aobut either. They did not seem to mind that I was not a dealer, just could not find that part. So I called Courtesy parts, they could not help me, just said that they buy all their stuff from Kent moore.

SO how do we get this safety stand attachment? The reason why I like this one is because it looks like it slides onto the safety stand so that it will not fall off. I know JC whitney sells a rubber block, but that is only for a jack (i think, it could just fall off the jack stands)

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Where to buy a Kent-Moore tool?  safety stand attachment-jackinfo-small-.jpg  
Old 03-28-2003, 08:32 PM
Z'd

try the following item at www.jcwhitney.com :

Item 81ZX3278A - Trolley-jack Block

one of the grooves is wider and fits the jack points perfectly
Old 03-29-2003, 04:34 AM
mcclaskz

I have 4 of the JCWhitney blocks and they work fine. I did have to make a channel on the side that interfaces witht the jack stand so there would not be any toggle. It works great. Now I jack the car up in the front, put 2 front jack stands on the rails that are ~8 inches in from the jack point, jack the rear up from underneath the rear spring suspension piece, and put jackstands with the new channel cut block under the jack points. It works great and is very stable. All for $20 for 4.
Old 03-29-2003, 07:33 AM
Raistlin

I saw that block from JC Whitney, but it looked like it was only for the actual jack.

mcclaskz

do you have a pic of the modification that you did to that block from JCWhitney? I am going to PM you also, thanks

Thanks for the responses guys.