Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Stereo in Enthusiast model

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 10:34 AM
Klaudia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stereo in Enthusiast model

What to you guys think of the stereo in the Enthusiast model? Is it ok for a stock part? I've been reading about all the dissatisfaction with the Bose system so I was wondering about the stock radio (I know the Enthusiast doesn't come with the Bose system).
To get an idea of what I think is acceptable....I have an 01 Honda Accord with the stock radio....no fancy upgrades. And I think it sounds just fine. I'm happy with it.
Any opinions?
Old 03-28-2003, 10:56 AM
WashUJon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stereo is the same in my Performance model and its adequate. It doesn't have booming base or anything, but it has decent power (plenty at 160 watts) and the speakers aren't the best but they're ok. I've got very sensitive hearing and taste with audio and I've worked with high end commercial audio, so my opinion might matter a little. I find there's some speaker distortion at high volume but the stereo is far from bad. I'd rather have it than the Bose, to be honest. My dad knows the president of Bose and Mr. Bose himself and even he agrees with my assertion that there are plenty of better sounding systems for cheaper. Bose has a GREAT marketing campaign and they don't even list their system specs most of the time!

IMO, the lesser of the two stereos is adequate. I'd like to have a bit more bass available. I prefer a richer sound, but that's just me. I honestly prefer the sound of the car, anyhow. I really think its not worth the extra cash to get the Bose and I think the lesser stereo is just fine. I may replace some speakers with some better ones some day and maybe add a small subwoofer. I'll see how nice the head-unit sounds with better speakers.