Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Door dings

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 07:37 AM
Lawn Dart

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Door dings

I met up with some old friends at the Hard Rock Cafe in Baltimore last night. Afterwards, when I was walking back to my car in the parking garage, I noticed that the person in the car next to me was getting in to her car and had her opened door set against my car. I screamed, "Hold on!"

As I jogged up to the car, I realized that it was an older-middle aged woman, but I was still furious. Angrily, I stated that she had no consideration for my belongings.

She said, "Sir, I didn't hit your car."
"You didn't hit my car? Your door is up against it right now!"
"No Sir, when I opened my door, I barely touched your car."

She was so stupid, I should have murdered her.

To make a long story short, I proceeded to give her a lecture about the common courtesies of other peoples belongings. Meanwhile, she kept trying to justify her innocence. After fifteen minutes I gave up.

As she drove off, I pulled into a lighted area to search for damage. Fortunatley, I didn't see any. I'll look again today in better light.

I'm going to make my last payment on this car Friday, a day I thought would never come. Whenever people ask what I think of my car, I always honestly say, "It was the best purchase I ever made." However, never in my life, not even in a relationship with a woman have I been through so many ups and downs.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:44 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawn Dart

...I pulled into a lighted area to search for damage. Fortunatley, I didn't see any. I'll look again today in better light....
So basically, you chewed her out because you THOUGHT she dinged your car, then discovered that nothing happened.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:54 AM
Lawn Dart

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No, I "chewed her out" for disrespecting my property.

It was late in a dimly lit parking garage. Who knows, maybe she scratched my car. The point is, I have the the common courtesy when I get into my car to try and not touch other people's cars with my door because it could possibly cause damage.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 785 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
So basically, you chewed her out because you THOUGHT she dinged your car, then discovered that nothing happened.

so, if he whips his **** out and puts it on her chin but doesnt do anything its ok? NO!

Its stopping something before it happens. She was showing signs of disrespect for others property. I would have been pissed too and would let her hear it. She can get pissed all she wants, but her door was touching his and it shouldnt of been.

What happens if she leans out to close her door but slips and puts pressure on her door, scratching/denting ill occur at contact point.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Deftones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next time just punch her in the face and take her purse, that'll save you the 15 minute lecture and she'd probably learn just as much.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have taken her license down and reported her to the cops for hit and run, she would have been arrested and you would have changed her into the most effective COA (consideration of others) speaker in the world. Sometimes you have to make the hard decision to get the respect that you deserve/ basically take matters in your own hands.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:05 AM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As she drove off, I pulled into a lighted area to search for damage. Fortunatley, I didn't see any. .
So I guess she was right.

bill
Old 01-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

If you ever get dings with no scratches just buy a dent popper in auto zone for like 20 bucks.. I have one and it works like a charm.. You just cant be in the direct sun and take your time with it..
Old 01-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Ianmtx

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
so, if he whips his **** out and puts it on her chin but doesnt do anything its ok? NO!
BEST QUOTE EVER!
Old 01-07-2007, 10:42 AM
oclor

Accidents happen. This is your fault for parking where others can park next to you. You should have parked in the middle of nowhere and taken two spots to make sure no one dings it.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:48 AM
jdm3fiddyZ

Originally Posted by jonb7007
If you ever get dings with no scratches just buy a dent popper in auto zone for like 20 bucks.. I have one and it works like a charm.. You just cant be in the direct sun and take your time with it..
do those things work even if you have a ding on the crease of the door? i have one on mine and it pisses me off when i see it at an angle. My friend knows a paintless dent removal guy that can do it but its more expensive
Old 01-07-2007, 11:10 AM
TotalChaos

Originally Posted by bailey bill
So I guess she was right.

bill
What arent you guys getting here... someone opened THEIR door... and rested it against his $25k+ car! No one else sees a problem with that... dents or not?!?

I would have been more than pissed off about that.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:48 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by TotalChaos
What arent you guys getting here...
You're right about one thing. Some people just aren't getting it.

Read the OP carefully. It was nighttime in a parking lot. He wasn't right there since he had to "jog up to" his car. He only assumed that she made contact. The door could have been an inch away or even a 1/16 of an inch away, who knows? He berated the woman, made the ludicrous statement "I should have murdered her". Spent 15 minutes lecturing her. After all that (and probably more not described here) he drives to a lighted spot and discovers that nothing happened. Assuming that there was damage, he would have seen it this morning in the light and reported it here in his post.

I'll be the first one to admit that I'll kick somebodys *** for denting or scratching my Z - assuming that it actually happens. I won't over-react and nearly assault somebody if I'm not sure they actually did something.

Maybe the moral of the story would have played out better if the story had going something like this:

I saw this woman open her door and it looked like she hit mine. I went over and beat the crap out of her and kicked the side of her car in just for good measure. I figured I better get out of there before the cops came. I got home and noticed in the light that there was no damage to my Z. Boy, do I feel like a num-nuts for going off on her.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Nismospeed4life

I met up with some old friends at the Hard Rock Cafe in Baltimore last night. Afterwards, when I was walking back to my car in the parking garage, I noticed that the person in the car next to me was getting in to her car and had her opened door set against my car. I screamed, "Hold on!"

As I jogged up to the car, I realized that it was an older-middle aged woman, but I was still furious. Angrily, I stated that she had no consideration for my belongings.

To make a long story short, I proceeded to give her a lecture about the common courtesies of other peoples belongings. Meanwhile, she kept trying to justify her innocence. After fifteen minutes I gave up.

As she drove off, I pulled into a lighted area to search for damage. Fortunatley, I didn't see any. I'll look again today in better light.

I'm going to make my last payment on this car Friday, a day I thought would never come. Whenever people ask what I think of my car, I always honestly say, "It was the best purchase I ever made." However, never in my life, not even in a relationship with a woman have I been through so many ups and downs.
I could understand your frustration my friend. And I know what you mean about the ups and downs. I feel the same way too.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:00 PM
DaveZ06

you should of grabbed her tatas and rape her! jk...
think you went a little harsh on her... should of atleast checked your car before you went border patrol on her
Old 01-07-2007, 12:06 PM
CuZ

Originally Posted by Deftones
Next time just punch her in the face and take her purse, that'll save you the 15 minute lecture and she'd probably learn just as much.
i'm with this guy
Old 01-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by oclor
Accidents happen. This is your fault for parking where others can park next to you. You should have parked in the middle of nowhere and taken two spots to make sure no one dings it.
Do you think that your suggestion actually makes a difference? NO! I always park a mile away from everybody and there's always an idiot that goes out and park next to my car. Is as if they do it just to annoy you. I park away from other cars where I live, and some hater punk keyed my car just for fun.

Mother F....ers!

"He who wants respect, gives respect." ~ Tony Soprano
Old 01-07-2007, 12:11 PM
DaveZ06

Originally Posted by Nismospeed4life
Do you think that your suggestion actually makes a difference? NO! I always park a mile away from everybody and there's always an idiot that goes out and park next to my car. Is as if they do it just to annoy you. I park away from other cars where I live, and some hater punk keyed my car just for fun.

Mother F....ers!

"He who wants respect, gives respect." ~ Tony Soprano
you should buy 2 beater cars and everytime you park you Z.. run home and grab 1 of your beater cars and park it next to your Z then run back home and grab the other and park it again next to the Z. You won't have to worry about anyone dingy you anymore.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by DaveZ06
you should buy 2 beater cars and everytime you park you Z.. run home and grab 1 of your beater cars and park it next to your Z then run back home and grab the other and park it again next to the Z. You won't have to worry about anyone dingy you anymore.
That requires to much time and energy, I prefer to take my cones with me and then place them on either side of the car everywhere I go.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:26 PM
oclor

Originally Posted by DaveZ06

Quick Reply: Door dings