Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Door dings

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Lawn Dart

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, I did take the time to look at the car today. Fortunatley, I couldn't even find a scratch. However, not once did she apologize or even try to move the door when I asked her about it. It really was an akward situation, kneeling down and moving her door to look while she sat right there in the drivers seat.

When I first saw her door set against my car, strangely enough it reminded me of that scene in Pulp Fiction where John Travolta and Samuel Jackson talk about their car being keyed. "Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that a$$hole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it."
Old 01-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdm3fiddyZ
do those things work even if you have a ding on the crease of the door? i have one on mine and it pisses me off when i see it at an angle. My friend knows a paintless dent removal guy that can do it but its more expensive

Why not? If I were you I would try it.. The kit is only 20 bucks.. Its pretty good, it comes with 4 different sized pins. The heat gun that comes with the kit heats up some type of epoxy or wax, you then apply it to the end of the pin size you prefer for the dent(from big to small) you place it directly over the dent and let it cure or harden for about 10 mins and then take a v shape post and put it on top of the pin and you then screw out the **** until it pulls off the pin/dent pops out.. Its easy like taking a ****
Old 01-07-2007, 02:31 PM
GalvatronType_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Granted, the lady shouldn't have clipped your car with her door but this is what always gets me with people on this board complaining about door dings or the possibility thereof. It's not rocket science, if you don't want anyone messing with your car, PARK FARTHER AWAY WHERE NO ONE ELSE IS PARKED. I ALWAYS park my Z in no man's land underneath street lights.

The bottom line is people will take advantage of you if you let them so decrease that possibility by parking farther away.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R
Granted, the lady shouldn't have clipped your car with her door but this is what always gets me with people on this board complaining about door dings or the possibility thereof. It's not rocket science, if you don't want anyone messing with your car, PARK FARTHER AWAY WHERE NO ONE ELSE IS PARKED. I ALWAYS park my Z in no man's land underneath street lights.

The bottom line is people will take advantage of you if you let them so decrease that possibility by parking farther away.

^^ I feel what your saying but as others have said on here and I can vouch for the same experience!! I park in NO MANS LAND!! And **** head still park next to me all the time!! It makes me wanna blow them up!! But like DaveZ said, Im gonna get my beaters and park them on each side of me everywhere!! Plus im gonna post cameras all over the car
Old 01-07-2007, 02:59 PM
DaveZ06

heres another even BIGGER problem you might run into by parking in no mans land. Someone might walk by in the middle of the night... and all of a sudden 1 car under a bright light.. just ONE... cmon... it's like stealing a toy car from an unborn baby.. might aswell leave the keys in the ignition and have a sign say "take me and you will get every virgin within a 20 mile radious of this car"
Old 01-07-2007, 03:08 PM
GalvatronType_R

Originally Posted by DaveZ06
heres another even BIGGER problem you might run into by parking in no mans land. Someone might walk by in the middle of the night... and all of a sudden 1 car under a bright light.. just ONE... cmon... it's like stealing a toy car from an unborn baby.. might aswell leave the keys in the ignition and have a sign say "take me and you will get every virgin within a 20 mile radious of this car"
I'm not a math major or statistician but I'm guessing that a door ding is more likely that an outright smash and grab, i.e., there are more inconsiderate people out there than thieves, so I'll play the percentages and keep parking in a far away but well lit nice area.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:10 PM
DaveZ06

^^ oh you live in VA.. nevermind... totally different setting
Old 01-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by oclor
Old 01-07-2007, 04:51 PM
ZPatrick

Originally Posted by Lawn Dart

I'm going to make my last payment on this car Friday, a day I thought would never come. Whenever people ask what I think of my car, I always honestly say, "It was the best purchase I ever made." However, never in my life, not even in a relationship with a woman have I been through so many ups and downs.
+1
Old 01-07-2007, 07:22 PM
ROSELL0522

Originally Posted by Nismospeed4life
I prefer to take my cones with me and then place them on either side of the car everywhere I go.
I think every Z owner should do that Could you imagine what the parking lots would look like everywhere
Old 01-07-2007, 07:40 PM
antennahead

Originally Posted by Deftones
Next time just punch her in the face and take her purse, that'll save you the 15 minute lecture and she'd probably learn just as much.

No, it'll save you 15 minutes and she still won't learn ****! LOL
Old 01-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

The cone idea is the best **** I have ever heard!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 07:49 PM
KombatKing

Originally Posted by DaveZ06
... it's like stealing a toy car from an unborn baby..
#1 How would an unborn baby get a toy car?

#2 Assuming said car existed... stealing it could prove rather difficult. lol!

-------------------

Anyhow....

Lawn Dart, I think you WAY over reacted.

I've been to the Inner Harbor many times, and ALL of the parking garage spaces are close to each other. If you wanted a bigger space, then pay for valet or park in the Gay Street garage in one of the corner or single 3-sided spaces.

I know people have parked close enough to me where I've had to rest MY car's door against their car just to get out - especially with how long our Z's doors are.

Now, I am very courteous when I do so and I always ensure that my hand is between both doors until I can very gently rest my door against theirs... but she could have easily been in a similar situation.

Shame on you for verbally berrating her for 15 minutes (and wanting to "murder" her) when she told you (very politely I might add) that she didn't hit your car and only "barely touched" her door against yours - which was true!

You acted like a jerk over what turned out to be absolutely nothing - now, we've all done that before, so I'm not judging you. However, if you ever see her again, you should take the opportunity to apologize.

~KK
Old 01-07-2007, 09:49 PM
absolute00matt

Accidents happen. This is your fault for parking where others can park next to you. You should have parked in the middle of nowhere and taken two spots to make sure no one dings it.
The OP is not concerned about accidents. He was dumbfounded that someone would just rest their doors against his car. It doesn't matter where he parked, as long as he wasn't crossing over anyone's spot. No matter how busy the area is, everyone should at least try to be considerate about other people's property. You live in a capitalistic nation like the rest of us, don't u?

["So I guess she was right."]

bill

That, again, has NOTHING to do with why the OP posted what he did. God aren't u a smart one, why yes, she was right of course... As I said in an earlier post, some people just stay stupid no matter how old they get.

If I were the OP, and if I were to hear the above two responses face to face, I would have jump spin kicked them in their face as hard as I possibly physically could.

I expected my350z.com to be a place where fellow Z owners can share ideas without having some piece of **** punkass dip**** to start talking **** every change they get. We're all here for the same reason: we own, respect, or otherwise really like our 350Z. In that sense, it disgusts me when idiots want to belittle/ridicule/antagonize fellow Z owners at every opportunity.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:32 PM
oclor

Originally Posted by absolute00matt
The OP is not concerned about accidents. He was dumbfounded that someone would just rest their doors against his car. It doesn't matter where he parked, as long as he wasn't crossing over anyone's spot. No matter how busy the area is, everyone should at least try to be considerate about other people's property. You live in a capitalistic nation like the rest of us, don't u?

I agree. Reading what he said again, it didn't seem like she cared at all. However, when I said accident, I meant that sometimes when people try to get out of their car, the door flings out and slams into the car parked next to it. This is unintentional (in the case of the OP, it might have been intentional though). Some cars are just made in a way that when you try to open the door, it just flings out and you have no control over it. This happened to me a while back and the guy called the cops on me. Luckily, he was the one in trouble because he was parked over the line so it wasn't my fault. I totally agree with you when you say people should be considerate, but sometimes stuff like this just happens unintentionally.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:34 PM
brandonanix

no joke, Id get my self thrown in jail, for f**king someone up if I saw them lay a finger on my car. its just something you dont mess around with
Old 01-07-2007, 10:53 PM
oclor

Originally Posted by Nismospeed4life
Old 01-19-2007, 12:06 PM
zkicker

Default The Ultimate Door Ding

*Warning* This is so funny you may pee your pants. War is not the answer.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ckuFri-M9fQ
Old 01-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Nismospeed4life

Ahh!!!! WHo shot my Monkey! lol
Old 01-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by zkicker
*Warning* This is so funny you may pee your pants. War is not the answer.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ckuFri-M9fQ
Oh My God!!!! I laugh so hard my stomach was hurting. That was the best!