Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

?s for those having Z shipped

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 09:04 AM
ncrecordkeeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?s for those having Z shipped

I'm buying my Z from a dealer about 3 hours from me. Not too far and not too close. I think some of you are using dealers much farther and are getting yours shipped to you. What are the pros and cons of this and how are you going about it. Does Nissan sponsor any kind of shipment to a closer dealership for me to take delivery? If not, how are you guys doing it and what's it running you?
Old 07-21-2002, 09:23 AM
ToddLuc

3 hour drive? New, hot, Z? Sounds easy to me. Drive it.
Old 07-21-2002, 11:04 AM
ZON

Fly down there and get it!!

I ordered mine way, way out of state and have to get it trucked back too me. An extra 850 bones!! I would fly to pick it up but the miles to get back exceeds when I want my first oil change and other factors.
Old 07-21-2002, 11:56 PM
azjimbo

I bought my Z out of state but am having it shipped to a Nissan dealer not too far from my house.The only reason I did this is because when the Z was introduced in January most dealers in my area still had no idea what was going on with the pre-order program.It has actually cost me a little more money but what is a few bucks when you are spending 35K anyway?
Old 07-22-2002, 12:16 AM
InternetABYSS

My dealer is about 10 min away...im camping out then picking it up and taking it to my parents house and then my sisters place then taking it to work to show off alittle. Then I figure i'll pimp the dallas streets and see how much attention it gets. I figure i'll have it broken in within a couple of days of showing it off. I hope to see some of the dallas guys around too. I'll be contacting all the dallas emails I have gotten over the past 6 months. If i get mine before you....I'll stop buy your place in dallas and let you give it a whirl too. I'm single so when I get this car....I can finally stop saving and go out an blow some cash. Trust me there will be pics galore. I'll also try to get some hot chick in a bikini to pose with the car. I love EYE CANDY
Old 07-22-2002, 06:42 PM
Carterattorney

DRIVE the machine.. !! I have a 10 hour drive from North Louisiana to Atlanta, GA.. boy IT Will be sweet!! May take some back roads.. as well as the interstate/freeway..

Waiting for Daytona Blue Enthusi..6 speed..
Old 07-22-2002, 07:02 PM
zPilott

Default Re: ?s for those having Z shipped

Originally posted by ncrecordkeeper
I'm buying my Z from a dealer about 3 hours from me. Not too far and not too close. I think some of you are using dealers much farther and are getting yours shipped to you. What are the pros and cons of this and how are you going about it. Does Nissan sponsor any kind of shipment to a closer dealership for me to take delivery? If not, how are you guys doing it and what's it running you?
Find out how much it will cost to ship it, and I will drive it up for you for half!
Old 07-23-2002, 01:47 AM
BullishZ

3 hours?? That's nothing...

Just imagine this. A sweaty guy picking up your car, saying how cool it is just before sitting in your car to have a look around (did I mention sweaty?), and loading your Z onto his truck (scratching the bottom of the car)... While getting paid to do so by YOU!

Why would you? Enjoy the 3 hour drive with people gawking at you instead!
Old 07-23-2002, 03:15 AM
ZON

Default SUNG TO GILLIGAN'S ISLAND

"Now let me tell you the tale of a Nissan Z, a fast and agile car, the owner couldn't decide whether to drive her home, a 3 hour tour, a 3 hour tour. The Nissan ship set sail for America, it's owner proud I'm sure. The Z arrived intacked & stacked, on top of a big Mac truck. If not for the courage of the fearless owner, know one could know for sure, if the Z was trucked all the way too him it's fate to be was pure. With ncrecordkeeper, and jmanz too, the millionair, and his Z, the Nissan Exec, the Engineer and ZGIRL, are here on ncrecordkeeper land".

Last edited by ZON; 07-23-2002 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-23-2002, 04:40 AM
pointfivezero
Charter Member #16

Maybe it's just me but I always thought Mary Ann was hotter than Ginger.....

I'm having my Z shipped. I'd love to drive it the 2002 miles from Illinois to California but I'm sure I'd get a rock chip before I hit Iowa.

I have three quotes ranging from $725 to $800 for a covered car carrier.
Attached Thumbnails ?s for those having Z shipped-map.jpg  
Old 07-23-2002, 06:09 AM
dvlad

Originally posted by dv_johnson
I've got a 22+ hour drive back to Seattle from Las Vegas. I'll be enjoying every long minute of it (because of break-in requirements, of course!!!)

I say, enjoy the trip. You'll have a blast, and it'll be memorable.

are you going to take pictures of your road trip? Maybe you could be the first person to a road trip write-up on the Z.

Like after how many hours do the seats become uncomfortable. Or, how long can the cup holder hold a fullsize 44 oz. pop before bending. stuff like that.
Old 07-23-2002, 06:38 AM
manstretch

Default Re: ?s for those having Z shipped

Hey man,
I'm in Raleigh, ordered from RPM Nissan in Durham, where did you order from?
Old 07-23-2002, 07:11 AM
ncrecordkeeper

Central Carolina Nissan in Sanford. I'm 6'4 and had to hunt a good bit to find someone willing to offer me a refundable deposit, 500 at that. They've been good so far, except they're like most dealers...haven't a clue. I ordered in April and my confirmation says delivery is between Sep. and Nov. Dealer still says August. Good thing we've got this site to keep us fairly informed.

Frankly the only reason shipping my ride entered my mind is I've never driven a manual and none of my friends or family have one. Figured if I've got to learn on my Z I'd just as soon be in familiar territory. But I figure I'll be relatively quick to pick it up. I'm sure I'll manage. Just don't care to screw up my $37,000 car.
Old 07-23-2002, 07:15 AM
2003z

Frankly the only reason shipping my ride entered my mind is I've never driven a manual and none of my friends or family have one. Figured if I've got to learn on my Z I'd just as soon be in familiar territory. But I figure I'll be relatively quick to pick it up. I'm sure I'll manage. Just don't care to screw up my $37,000 car.
When you get to the dealership, test drive a manual maxima, and tell them you are thinking about getting it for your wife. It really doesn't take a lot of practice.

I remember my mom and I going to a funeral in south florida once from Jacksonville. We took my car and she didn;t drive stick, but wanted to take her turn. I got her onto the on ramp, we pulled over, switched seats, then I would tell her to push the clutch, I'd shift and tell her to ease it out. We shifted that way up to 5th, then I talked her down when it was time to exit, we pulled over and switched again.
Old 07-23-2002, 06:35 PM
Carterattorney

No-Jalopy.. In Feb of this year.. all the dealers around Atl. wanted 2k over MSRP.. My parents live in N. LA.. ( my pop also has owned 2 Z's in the past).. I called a dealer there at my pop's suggestion and I was able to order MY Z (I was the first to order from him) for MSRP and 0 down..
So for a slight inconvenience to travel in Sept to see the folks, where my dad and a brother will see the newest Z.. AND i will get to drive it back to Alta AND save 2k.. I figured.. what the hell!!
From whom did you order? When? and did you get a good deal?
Old 07-23-2002, 06:47 PM
drivebywire

I live in Indianapolis and will be driving to Ohio to pick up my Z. 3.5 hour drive one way. Its gonna be fun!
Old 07-23-2002, 07:37 PM
ZZtopp

Picking mine up in Albuquerque sometime in September and driving it home to Vegas (about 550 miles). I can't think of a better way to get to know my new car.