Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Crashed My Car AGAIN*new crash, life sucks*

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 02:57 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you're OK- take it easy out there folks...
Old 04-02-2003, 05:13 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry that happened to you, ares! I'm glad you're ok. Hope everything works out for ya.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:51 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

went outside, checked out the car. that back rim in question took major damage on a curb. its weird, all 4 drove up the curb at a pretty straight angle, while sliding, yet 2 suffered sidewall damage and scraped the rim, but the one thats off the tire completely bashed the inside of the rim, bent up. again making me think there was no tire pressure by the time I hit that curb.

as for suspension... who knows. I looked at the back, and from looking under the car on the ground, you cant see much, but you can see these 2 metal plates poking down, they are both bent identicly, making me think they are supposed to be bent. other than that, Im gonna need a qualified mechanic to say one way or the other.

tires are on the car, they are stright in all directions, and the car drives, albiet has a limp in the rear from the pass rear tire. so I assume axle is ok, and I hope no suspension parts broke, but I probably couldnt feel if something bent.

import riders- your alignment was trashed, but was it able to just be adjusted and be fine? or did stuff have to be replaced?
Old 04-02-2003, 06:02 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

****, dude. Sorry to hear that. We butt heads quite a bit, but I don't like to see fellow owners suffer.

Get EVERYTHING checked out with regards to the suspension. You need to get ahold of a Service Manual and go to an independent shop and have them measure every variable in the suspension components to make sure they are all within spec. DO NOT take the car to the dealership. Even if everything is OK now, they will blame EVERY future problem you might have on this accident.

Good luck!
Old 04-02-2003, 06:21 AM
ares
Veteran

ok, I got a service manual, and know a good shop to go to. thanks for the tip.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:39 AM
Boomer

Default Re: Crashed My Car

Originally posted by ares
yes, not april fools, for real, did about 45 over a sharp hill, hit a sewege thing, and either that blew out the tire, or just made the car go sideways. but the passenger side rear is off the rim, other side rear and driver front are flat, rims are ****ed

under carriage is full of grass, unsure of damage. will go into detail in a little while.
I'm sorry to hear that, ares. Hope you can get your car backon the road soon. Boomer
Old 04-02-2003, 06:45 AM
zpeedDemon

Old 04-02-2003, 06:58 AM
slaponte

Smile

Dude, I am very happy to hear you are ok (once you swallow your heart back to the proper location!)

Sorry about the car, but sounds like major damage was averted. As I see on the thread, there are a few people with takeoffs here that can help you on the tire front, to get it back on the road.

Also as said, take it to a good suspension shop to make sure there are no bent components and to check the alignment front and back. You will be happy you did this down the road...

Glad you are ok.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:06 AM
WayneTN

I, too, am sorry to hear about your troubles.

Hope you get things goin' again soon there. Get her checked out and let us know of your progress.

Very glad you're OK. See ya.
Wayne
Old 04-02-2003, 08:39 AM
iris

I guess i saw this thread a little late - sorry about your black baby.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:10 AM
ZpikeZ

Sorry to hear that dude! I never want to see a black Z hurt.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:20 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Glad you're ok. You'll be back up and running in no time.

VDC might possibly have helped -- since you mentioned drifting and loss of RW traction.

Sh|t happens, and it could have been a lot worse. It's just a hassle, been through it, but this obstacle will be over soon and you'll be back on the road running 100% with a smile.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:41 AM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Default Sorry about your accident!!

At least you're OK!

Old 04-02-2003, 11:54 AM
ares
Veteran

well guys, heres the news. I dont think I will have a 350Z any longer.

I was done, set, found 4 new rims, and was going to sell one of them that I didnt need, put the car back to perfect order.

so I was outside, backed it up about 2 feet to look at the last rim and be sure it was ok. it was, so I went under the car to pull the grass out.

as Im pulling out the grass, I hear "THUNK" and the car starts rolling down the hill.

yes, thats all she wrote, I ran behind it and pushed, no good, ran to the drivers side, slammed on the brake, 2 seconds too late, hit another car.

the worst 12 hours of my life. I would love to know why the parking brake gave out, it just clicked itself down half way, all by itself. it held, held, held, then 3 minutes later, clunk, disengaged.

so now beside the tires, the rear bumper is smashed. and who knows what else as a result.

the car I hit appears fine, dont even know whos it is, honestly, I dont think theyll notice, so Ill stay away from it.

so my parents are coming up to get the car back, and thatll probably be the end of that. I have never heard of such a string of bad luck in my life.

*wishing for a gun*
Old 04-02-2003, 12:00 PM
iris

OH MY GOD!!!!

Old 04-02-2003, 12:05 PM
jckolnturn

start buying lottery tickets, your luck can only get better.

on a serious note, I'm sorry for all of your current misfortunes, remember keep your head up it's only a car.
Old 04-02-2003, 12:09 PM
ares
Veteran

yeah... only a car, but Im 19, and I pretty much have one thing. and itd be that car. wash it every week, wax, and in 12 hours I manage to screw up 4 tires, a parking brake, a rear bumper, and who the hell knows what else in 2 seperate accidents.
Old 04-02-2003, 12:15 PM
ZpikeZ

Hey, look on the bright side, at least you are alive! It's a car, it can be replaced. Think about all the other horrible stuff that's going on in the world right now (war), and maybe that will put it into perspective. Your luck sounds pretty bad, but what about the parents of two who just lost their 26 year old daughter due to some disease and their SON is a POW in Iraq! Now that sucks.

Last edited by ZpikeZ; 04-02-2003 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2003, 12:27 PM
POWERZ

That is tough string of bad luck. Very sorry about your car.

My advice, don't give up so easily. Now you need a bumper, no big deal- that could have easily happened in your first accident. In fact a LOT worse could have happened, so try to stay positive. Two wrecks and all you need are wheels and a bumper - seems pretty lucky to me.

Difficult times are a true test of character.
Old 04-02-2003, 12:31 PM
slaponte

Ares, have you considered that, since the emergency brake hooks up to the rear hubs, and you smashed the car pretty bad, maybe something is/was wrong with the emergency brake?? And, of course, why wasn''t it in gear...

I know you are upset, but this one could border on the "not carefull" side...

Q) The parents are coming to get the car... to do what? Sell it? Take it away from you?? Fix it??

Quick Reply: Crashed My Car AGAIN*new crash, life sucks*