Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Crashed My Car AGAIN*new crash, life sucks*

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003 | 12:32 PM
importriders

Damn man, that blows. Hope everything turns for the better. So your parents are taking it away? I don't understand, it was just an accident, and I know thats what you told them right? Or did you tell them the truth?
Old 04-02-2003 | 12:35 PM
Importlife.com

um wow.

Last edited by Importlife.com; 04-02-2003 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-02-2003 | 12:39 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

well Im working on a set of rims, and I did email that guy for the tread, but 300$ is less, and less is best right now... if you can find shipping price to 30022 alpharetta GA, PM me.

as for rear bumper, just gonna bring it to a body shop and see what they can do.

Im really not troubled by the rims, tread, or even the bumper and turn signal.

Im troubled by the fact that the parking brake gave out. obviously there is damage I cant see. and it scares me to think of how much. for those more in the know, is it possible that the grass was wedged somewhere that removing it would release the parking brake?
Old 04-02-2003 | 12:44 PM
Importlife.com

Ares,

I deleted/edited my post to offer the tires at $300 cuz i hadn't read about your 2nd incident and thought to myself I was an idiot for assuming you would need tires anymore.

But if you decide to restore the car and cant find treads, my offer for $300+shipping stands.

Hope your luck turns around.

Matt
Old 04-02-2003 | 12:46 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

well regaurdless, my dad told me I need wheels and tread, so I would certainly like to take them off your hands. just name the final price. once I have wheels and rims, I can bring it to a shop and let them sort it out from there, fix the bumper, and anything else that is broken. then we decide whether to sell or keep it.
Old 04-02-2003 | 12:47 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker
Premier Member

It's one of life's tests -- stay strong.
Old 04-02-2003 | 12:48 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

i know you feel like your luck sucks... well you havent even lived 20 yrs on this earth... it will get better and worse over time, keep your chin up..

i am concerned about your comment not to tell the person who's car you hit... imagine how he/she will feel about their luck, being a victim of a hit and run...

that is messed up, and i hope you were just talking out of your ***...cause that person will be hoping for a gun too!!

m
Old 04-02-2003 | 12:55 PM
mark_wilkins

I think I told this story somewhere else on here... but I was just about your age when I got my first car, a brand new Toyota MR-2.

Crashed it within 6 hours of owning it. There went my summer money.

A few months went buy and I lent the car to another guy, who (quite literally) had decided not to take his medication and lost the will to live while driving my car. Crashed it (fortunately not that badly, but the air bags deployed) into a wall.

Insurance was hell. (My reasonably priced policy got cancelled and the cost doubled.) Parents were hell. They still give me **** about this to this day, ten years later.

However, after getting everything repaired, the car was still a great car for another 60,000 miles and I haven't had an accident like that since (*).

Moral to the story: Hang in there! The car's in pretty good shape, you're healthy, life is short, you'll be fine, no big deal!!

(*) I did scrape up two other cars against concrete pillars in this one parking garage at my old job, but it wasn't that bad and I don't think it really counts.

-- Mark
Old 04-02-2003 | 12:57 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

well first, I dont know whos car it is, they live near me tho. somewhere...

thing is, I looked, and see no damage, its a molded bumper on an older jeep cherokee, so the car isnt in great condition to begin with but it is most certainly strong, thats not an excuse, but I look at it, and the bumper isnt pushed in or even scraped, the metal door is untouched, and theres nothing else to it. I could go find them, and I might, but there is no damage, the Z was moving at maybe 5mph and my foot slammed on the brake at that exact instant, like the impact was the weight of the car shifting back on the springs. plenty to hurt the Zs plastic bumper, but not the molded plastic metal bumpter of the jeep, and it didnt continue on untill the Z bumper would meet the damagable metal of the jeep.

right now, Im just trying to stay put, and do nothing till my more experienced and knowledgable father gets here. the cars in his name, so whatever happens is up to him.
Old 04-02-2003 | 01:02 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

just curious, but how much do you guys think rear bumper and one turn signal costs?
Old 04-02-2003 | 01:05 PM
mark_wilkins

For which car?

For your 350Z, maybe $1500 to $2000, including paint matching and installation at a top-quality shop.

For the Jeep it might be a lot less.

-- Mark
Old 04-02-2003 | 01:08 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Good reasoning, ares. As a "Dad" myself, I can tell you "father knows best"! LOL.

Hang in there; it will get better. Always does.
Old 04-02-2003 | 01:09 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

yeah itd be a good time for aftermarket rims too. but I dont think telling my parents "yeah I crashed the car, but if you lend me some money I can get modifications to help me go faster and look better"

they would probably laugh at me... I just need it functional, either to use or sell. this was my daily driver, and taking the bus onto campus is a serious hassle.
Old 04-02-2003 | 01:43 PM
julian

I'd say around $1000 for the fascia and light, but I'm assuming it doesn't need to be painted. 2000 seems way high but you never know.

It's unfortunate all the "bumpers" on newer cars are just plastic. They aren't worth a damn but styling always takes precedence I guess. I rear ended a car at 5mph (after a snowstorm) in my '84 volvo and there isn't scratch on my bumper. I left a good dent in her plastic one though. But she didn't care about me 'cause her hood was totalled when she rear ended the SUV in front of her, whose bumper height didn't match hers btw.
Old 04-02-2003 | 01:48 PM
slaponte

Ares, explain to Dad that the stock wheels are more expensive (at the dealer) than a set of aftermarket rims. It is not a matter of faster rims, just good economics. In the process, you should get to pick some nice ones and still save money (again, vs the dealer).
Old 04-02-2003 | 01:59 PM
CLS

Damn, that sucks man. I hope that you can get everything fixed on it. I'm sure your parents will understand. I might ride by there after class tom. to check it out. Hope everything works out.
Old 04-02-2003 | 02:14 PM
alphaz

Ares,
I'm sorry to hear about your accidents. Look on the bright side no one was hurt. That is what is most important.
Now as far as the rear bumper, tail lights nad other parts call this place: Z1 Motorsports
1200 Carrollton Hwy
Temple, Ga. 30179
770-562-8668
They are the ones that ended up with LeMans350Z Touring Z.
I saw Russell last night at the GA. Z meeting. He might have some parts you can use.
Godd Luck
Old 04-02-2003 | 02:46 PM
g35or350z

As punishment, your parents should allow you to drive your car but force you to replace your OEM rims with 13" rims, with a nice pink bumper to boot.

J/K

just trying to add some levity to a stressful situation.
Old 04-02-2003 | 03:54 PM
MastaKillaZ

ARES, you can't give up on the Z... bad luck,yes... trust me, I've had some seriously sh*tty luck lately that with any other $30k car would have made me sell the sucker out right... but just stick with it... if you can that is.

I don't know if Importlife was gonna send you his wheels AND tires... and it seems like you might need both. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, but I remember when I was 19 and the stupid things I did so if you do need wheels AND tires.... let me know. I should have the 17" rims plus the stock tires w/ about 7,500 miles on them off my enthusiast this weekend (don't know if 17's will do for you though). And I was going to hold onto them until I could get a better price for them down the road, but you can have the wheels and tires for $300 plus shipping... IF that's too much, I'll show you that your luck can be changing, if you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, can't afford anything at this point (I also remember the indigent life of a student) I'll probably let you have them for just the cost of shipping... BUT, that's only if you tell me that you really need that.

you've given a lot to this board (which I appreciate) and the cost of temporary wheels and tires shouldn't contribute to taking away your 350Z when so many of us are replacing these items on our own cars anyways... of course, that's with Importlife's approval nod... like I said, I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes especially since Importlife hooked me up with my stereo.
Old 04-02-2003 | 03:59 PM
hfm

Originally posted by MastaKillaZ
I should have the 17" rims plus the stock tires w/ about 7,500 miles on them off my enthusiast this weekend (don't know if 17's will do for you though). And I was going to hold onto them until I could get a better price for them down the road, but you can have the wheels and tires for $300 plus shipping... IF that's too much, I'll show you that your luck can be changing, if you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, can't afford anything at this point (I also remember the indigent life of a student) I'll probably let you have them for just the cost of shipping... BUT, that's only if you tell me that you really need that.
You communist!

Dude, that is so right on!

Quick Reply: Crashed My Car AGAIN*new crash, life sucks*