Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I'm I being a A$$ HOLE

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 06:19 AM
DJ350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your car will never be perferct and if u want it to be just dont drive it ive learned that
Old 02-17-2007, 06:58 AM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by zzz350
just try Zaino first, don't mind all the other crap being posted here. Zaino works and it is a simple process. You don't need to use a orbital polisher either, just get the stuff and get busy.
WRONG. You'll NEED to buff out the spider marks. Zaino will not cover them up enough to your liking, I know from experience.

Follow zaino's steps but after the dawn wash and clay bar you'll need to random orbital buff out the paint to get the spider marks down to nothing. THEN you do the zaino process.

Do it right the FIRST TIME (unlike me) and it is much easier to keep it looking perfect!
Old 02-17-2007, 08:26 AM
paulbk

Default Only the damage CAUSED by the accident will be addressed and covered

If you file a claim through her insurance, an adjuster will come out to look @ your car. Based on the facts of loss - she backing into the rear of your car - the adjuster will decide if the damage can be repaired or must be replaced.

It sounds like only your rear bumper is damaged. If that's the case, the adjuster will make the cost effective decision to repair (if possible) or replace your bumper. Some included operations with this whole ordeal would be color-tinting (basically extra time for the body shop to better match the new paint with existing paint on the other panels) and color sanding and polishing the car (buffing and rubbing out the imperfections and orange peel). Sometimes blending of adjacent panels - in this case the left and right quarter panels or deck lid - might apply, but insurance companies rarely cover blending due to painting of bumpers.

ONLY THE DAMAGE FROM THE ACCIDENT WILL BE ADDRESSED AND COVERED.

Matching the rest of the car will not happen (unless the adjuster does not know what he is doing). You can raise all hell with her insurance - and a lot of times might they suggest you take it to your own carrier if you aren't pleased/satisfied with their claims handling process or decisions - but in this case, its almost certain your insurance won't cover it either because it's not part of the loss.

In simplistic terms - other insurance carriers are not really motivated to please you - since your not their customer; and many times they will do the very least to restore your car correctly.

If you go through your own carrier, the same process will happen EXCEPT you'd have to pay your deductible. If your not @ fault, your carrier would pursue the other insurance to recollect the funds to fix your car + your deductible to be reimbursed back to you.

Many times, people hesitate to file through their own insurance. But if you're not @ fault - and you don't file numerous claims - your rates should not be effected. Only downside is your deductible would apply.

Shop around. Do some research. Find some recommended body shops and talk to them about their repair process and painting process. Remember you can take your car to any shop you want! By law. they cannot force you to take your Z to any certain places! Good luck!
Old 02-17-2007, 08:26 AM
03performz

Originally Posted by Hypnoz
WRONG. You'll NEED to buff out the spider marks. Zaino will not cover them up enough to your liking, I know from experience.

Follow zaino's steps but after the dawn wash and clay bar you'll need to random orbital buff out the paint to get the spider marks down to nothing. THEN you do the zaino process.

Do it right the FIRST TIME (unlike me) and it is much easier to keep it looking perfect!

Clay bar takes car of that.^^ Zaino will be fine unless your car is seriously f'd up.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:29 PM
speedracer9728

Originally Posted by redlude97
why don't you do this, take a scotch brite pad to your new bumper, so it'll match the rest of the car again
Agreed.

Since you wanted responses, I will give you one. You are being unreasonable. Let me get this story straight. Someone damaged your rear bumper, and for the sake of having everything look right, you want them to match up all rest of the paint on the car so it has a newer/consistent look? IMO, this is being a jackass. As a fellow member on here said, what if you were in the position of the lady that backed into you. Would you think it is fair if you backed into someone, YOU are responsible for having all the paint on the body panels to show equal deterioration?
If someone slashed one of my tires, should I request they buy four new tires so all my tires show equal wear?

be REASONABLE
Old 02-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pics of the lady that hit ur car ????? This may be a factor.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:49 PM
modzs

Originally Posted by 6894kevin
If she backed into you and did the damage then she should pay for the fix and a new bra. If you are talking about fixing other imperfections elsewhere on the car to match what she did.... Well I am not so sure that is right.

NEVER MIND YOU ARE AN A$$
If you are trying to get her to pay for other problems she didn't cause. I misread the post. She backed in to your rear bumper not you front. If some how you get them to include that. I would call that not only being an A$$ but Insurence Fraud
I'm calling you for spelling fraud.
*insurance