2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Aren't you glad you pre-ordered?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 05:58 AM
TCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 911350z

You can time the market???????
I need to give you a call about some future picks!
I wish I could. I'm just hoping it levels off soon. Already felt too much pain.
Old 07-23-2002, 06:00 AM
dvlad

i was reading the letters to the Editor in the new autoweek and someone said that $7,000 above MSRP was the going rate where he was.

See, and people thought i was nuts for asking $10,000 above MSRP
Old 07-23-2002, 06:18 AM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Re: Aren't you glad you pre-ordered?

Originally posted by 3rdpower
Here it comes... I can feel the bum rush about to start. It is going to get nasty folks, and I do mean VERY nasty. I can sense the vibrations on the ground - the pre-order gates are closed and the late comers (bulls) are about to come a-trampling. Aren't you glad you pre-ordered?

I'm seriously feeling for the newbies about to arrive. This car is going to definitely be in very high demand and price gouging is going to be outrageous. Dealers are foaming at the mouth. How much do you think the new order Z's will go over MSRP? I'm think it'll start at roughly 2k and work up to 5k. Edmonds is already predicting 2k over MSRP.
3RDPOWER,The july 22nd autoweek I got today states that some dealers are going to mark up the new 350Z by $7000.00!!!!!!You bet I'm glad I preordered, most people don't have a clue what a 350Z is....I just hope that people don't literally run into me while gawking at my gorgeous new Z in aug/sept..I really want her before labor day weekend.Sorry didn't read the post above before posting this
Old 07-23-2002, 06:38 AM
Boomer

Default Re: Re: Aren't you glad you pre-ordered?

Originally posted by marcZZZ
3RDPOWER,The july 22nd autoweek I got today states that some dealers are going to mark up the new 350Z by $7000.00!!!!!!You bet I'm glad I preordered, most people don't have a clue what a 350Z is....I just hope that people don't literally run into me while gawking at my gorgeous new Z in aug/sept..I really want her before labor day weekend.Sorry didn't read the post above before posting this
I would advise each one of you who didn't preorder to check with dealerships via the net. Don't give in and pay greedy dealers that kind of money, not all of them are like that, especially in the smaller markets. You gals and guys in the big markets are in trouble, I'm afraid, so go elsewhere first and tell your dealerships what you are doing because of their greed. If enough people do that, they will be screwed.

Also, report them to NNA, it may effect their future allocations of Zs. Right, ZISME?

Boomer-- a reasonable profit at MSRP for a popular car is fair, gouging can send a dealer packing pretty fast when word gets around. I have a serious problem with Edmunds for their projections, they are contributors to the gouging. My opinion, use or lose it, doesn't matter to me.
BR/FR/AT
Old 07-23-2002, 06:51 AM
aggie300zx

Just noticed that Carsdirect.com had the target price at 4,000 over MSRP. Just glad I've got mine coming soon!!!
Old 07-23-2002, 09:29 AM
3rdpower

Folks... The way that I see it is pre-order = gold. Personally, none of us want to be on the wrong side of over MSPR gouging. I personally hate to see it happen but the car is hot and people want it. When you have something that people want bad **** happens. I hate to see over MSRP charges happening but in a way I kinda like it because it keeps resale value up a bit hehe. I know... I'm a mean *** but hey... early bird catches the worm!