Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Having RESPECT for fellow Z owners?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 09:25 AM
hersilverbullet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have only had one Z owner wave back at me, everyone else just gave me this weird look.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:27 AM
roberto350z

Originally Posted by sean1967
I don't want feel obligated to wave to anyone I don't know, I have enough real friends. I return waves, but honestly, a line has to be drawn somewhere. It's just a car.
You dont wave or flash? ...you're the guy who's killing it. Dont really care what your excuse is...

to quote a movie:

"its not who you are, its what you do that defines you"
Old 02-22-2007, 09:28 AM
roberto350z

Originally Posted by Zd3mon
Hey guys, I don't know if this thread is already out there but I just have to express myself. I am in the motorcycle scene (Kawasaki ZX6R) and one thing i learned in the scene is that we take care/respect each other. When we see another rider roll by we will give them a salute or a nod. Well, I have gotten so accustom to that type of respect that I do it to other Z Owners as well. Or at least I try! If I see another Z I would flash my headlights or wave or salute them in one way or another. but guess what they do? They maddog me or better yet they try to act hard. revving there engine or whatnot. I was just wondering what are your feedbacks on this type of situation? Do you guys pay your respects to other Z owners? I would say that out the 3 years I lived in San Diego I can count the number of Z's that actually gave respect back. 2

Give your feedback, I wanna know what people are thinking!
are you in san diego still? what is the color of your Z? Ill be flashing!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:29 AM
LilZgirL

I wave but not as a respect issue. Just to kinda say like Hi nice car.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:45 AM
dubbzdiggler

sean1967, if it's just a car, why are you on this forum??? Why would you be on here reading about Z cars and what not, but not wave to a fellow Z owner? You're contradicting yourself
Old 02-22-2007, 09:52 AM
dubbzdiggler

I had a Jeep wrangler and everyone waved to each other until I got to college at Indiana University and everyone had a jeep and no one waved. Mustang Cobra owners wave too.

I always try to wave at Z owners...sometimes G's, but they are snobby unless they know that the Z and G are basically the same car.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:11 AM
SOCAL350

Originally Posted by dubbzdiggler
sean1967, if it's just a car, why are you on this forum??? Why would you be on here reading about Z cars and what not, but not wave to a fellow Z owner? You're contradicting yourself
Just because im hung like a horse does not mean I need to be a **** star.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:37 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wave mostly to the modded ones and usually get feedback.

Majority have their heads high up their **** because they managed to get their foot in the door of an entry level sportscar and now they resent you for stealing their limelight.

Corvettes - Sure there are plenty of them around, but it takes more of a financial commitment so owners tend to be more mature enthusiasts.

Jeeps and Beetles - Well they're just quirky fun utility or commuter cars so you don't get that "chip on the shoulder" cavalier attitude you get with Z owners.

Zd3mon,
There are plenty of friendly enthusiasts here in San Diego (especially growing from the last 3 years), you just have to keep an eye out for them. Sometimes that window of oppurtunity to wave is small given our blindspots, ever so omnipotent law enforcement and frantic shifting in traffic.

Catch you on the road.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:48 AM
davidf

Originally Posted by dubbzdiggler
He's right, it is just a car. I did'nt buy mine so other Z owners would like me. I joined the forum because it's good place to buy parts, and theres some good mod. info. out there. Should I wave at all NISSAN owners as well.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:51 AM
davidf

I also joined cause of ******* in AG.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:51 AM
acelesson

Originally Posted by sean1967
If the car were truely special a wave would be justified, but as the car is mass produced and in production it isn't.

You should be glad there are so many around, it ensures a lively aftermarket bussiness and used parts from junkyards in a few years.

Yet Wrangler owners always wave to one another ( I was a jeep owner for 2 yrs and ALWAYS had the Jeep Wave done to me)

That said, Ive had a G owner give me the nod on the highway once. Keep in mind Ive only owned the Z for about a month now...
Old 02-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Zd3mon

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
people just dont like you. I get the wave when I drive by other Z's.

Maybe it is the big aluminum ricer wing you have on the back of your Z's that makes them maddog you?

wow that is an ugly wing! haha my car is stock. I love the way the car looks stock. I think its sexy enough. anyways i never like the outrageous kits out there (for any car). ever since the FAST AND THE FURIOUS movie, i think that the import scene has gone downhill.

anywho, i will still wave no matter what.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Zd3mon

Originally Posted by roberto350z
are you in san diego still? what is the color of your Z? Ill be flashing!
Yes I am! my Z is pearl white. whats yours?

maybe ill just way to you only...
Old 02-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by icedout589
I stopped more than a year ago. Too many now....most of them d-bags.

+1trillion............. But i nvr really started...................... If I see a modded Z id prob wave.... I mean modded!!!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Originally Posted by SOCAL350
At first when I did not see 10 Z's a day on the freeway sure id throw da salute.............Now days all I see are 50+ year olds cruising thier leases. If I could make a sign for sell your car I would flash them that.
Hello? Nothing wrong with being 50+. I resemble that remark. You all might make it to 50+ someday too. p.s. I own mine.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:58 PM
SOCAL350

Originally Posted by Z MANIA
Hello? Nothing wrong with being 50+. I resemble that remark. You all might make it to 50+ someday too. p.s. I own mine.
Hello.......Who said it was wrong to be 50? I said thats what I see 10+ times a day rolling in stock Z with plastic dealership plates on them. Besides at 50 dont you get like half price at Sizzler on Thursdays now? Now thats something to be excited about.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Pooplet

ANYONE can drive a car, not everyone has the ***** to ride...simple as that.Completely different culture.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:13 PM
push

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
Corvettes - Sure there are plenty of them around, but it takes more of a financial commitment so owners tend to be more mature enthusiasts.
You can get a used c5 for cheaper than a new or used z. Then there's the c4.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:11 PM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by push
You can get a used c5 for cheaper than a new or used z. Then there's the c4.
Doesn't really change the fact that new vettes go for substantially more than a new Z. Not everyone wants to pick up a used sportscar.

I think the problem with Z-to-Z acknowledgement is that we cover a large demograph. The spectrum of owners for this car is pretty wide.

From soccermoms to track junky weekend warriors, business executives, converted muscle car guys, kids from the import scene, you name it.

It's one of the few cars where you go to a meet or run into a Z owner and people will say,

"Oh, I use to be an American muscle type of guy, this is my first Jap."
"My last car was a modified Integra."
"I bought it because it looked good!"
or
"I usually buy Germans but decided to go to the dark side."

It really attracts alot of folks from all over, so not everyone can relate to each other.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Nismo 350z

I only wave/flash headlights/throw a thumbs up to Z's that have some sort of mod on them. Wheels, body kit, exhaust shows they are enthusiasts like us. I ignore the old men unless they wave at me then I will wave back. Female Z drivers just talk on the cell... too busy to pay attention to anything else.

Quick Reply: Having RESPECT for fellow Z owners?