Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Selling the 07 Porsche GT3 but keeping the Z?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 03:40 PM
2fast4ya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he's trying to get a premium because people will pay it for that
car-my friend is looking to buy one and there is a serious waiting list
in certain parts of the country so if one is for sale with no wait
that is in perfect condition some rich idiot will buy it-i told my friend
to just buy a 1-2 yr old model with low miles instead and save a lot
of money so he can upgrade it to his liking
Old 02-27-2007, 04:07 PM
trefidyZ

Originally Posted by oclor
Do you race him when he's in the carrera?
No he never wants to race he always has an excuse, the other night i pulled about a car length on a cayman from around 30-100mph(dunno if it was a Cayman S) there r soo many of them popping up around town now
Old 02-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Nismo 350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
Why doesn't this GT3 have a roll cage in it yet? The GT3 has very comfortable seats, clutch is very heavy though and steering is very quick at high speed so its no grand touring car like the Z is. Trust me the GT3 is an amazing car, even if your not a fan of the 996, drive a 996-GT3 and you will wet yourself, its that amazing. I havn't been in a 997 yet but soon enough i suppose.
The standard 997 GT3 doesnt come with a roll cage. The 997 RS does. And its finally coming here!
Old 02-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Nismo 350z

Originally Posted by Forrest80
Ok im curious what exactly makes that porshe gt3 better than a Z?

Is it the power?
is it made with better stuff?
Is it becuase the brand name makes you think you are better?

Dont get me wrong the car is freaking awesome but so is a 350z.

seriously what makes it better?
Are u fcukin kidding me? As much as I love the Z... it cant compare to a GT3. The GT3 puts out 415hp at 7600rpm and when u hear that flat 6 screaming at its 8400rpm redline... its pure sex. The build quality is leagues ahead of what we have in the Z. Yes u are paying for the name but its one helluva car. It can hit 60 in 4 seconds flat and do the 1/4 in 12@118 and wont stop accelerating until it hits 193. All this from a 3.6 NA flat 6. And it will brake from 70-0 in 145 feet and pull over 1g on the skidpad all day long.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:51 AM
Forrest80

Ok basicly all i read was it has more power. So stock for stock its better.

But price for price it seems worse.

My car out the door cost 32k, thats out the door, lets assume that porsche out the door cost 106k. Price difference 74k.

Cant i use that 74k to make a better product with performance upgrades?

Lets say a member of here who has a built engine, FI and every other upgrade needed for the track, spanks the crap out of you, do you go home and cry cuz you over payed? Or do you say hey im more realiable and i have technology and inovation?

Dont get me wrong i would love to own a porsche 911 Turbo, i just have a hard time justifying prices.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:07 PM
Nismo 350z

Ok basicly all i read was it has more power. So stock for stock its better.

But price for price it seems worse.

My car out the door cost 32k, thats out the door, lets assume that porsche out the door cost 106k. Price difference 74k.

Cant i use that 74k to make a better product with performance upgrades?

Lets say a member of here who has a built engine, FI and every other upgrade needed for the track, spanks the crap out of you, do you go home and cry cuz you over payed? Or do you say hey im more realiable and i have technology and inovation?

Dont get me wrong i would love to own a porsche 911 Turbo, i just have a hard time justifying prices.
I see your point. But u gotta understand spending 74K on the Z will definatley void the warranty and not make it as reliable. However a built FI Z can be made as a track/street car. The GT3 is a pure track car. They need to make a production version just to run it in the GT3 race series. You dont find any Z's there. Also even a built FI Z will have a hard time against a GT3. Its a whole lot lighter. And when the RS and GT2 comes out... I dont think anything can touch those cars. A standard 997 GT3 will walk these cars on the track... a 360cs, c6 z06, f430, gallardo, r34 gtr, and 996/997 turbo, lotus exige S.

Last edited by Nismo 350z; 03-01-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:41 PM
tylerdurden07

Originally Posted by Nismo 350z
A standard 997 GT3 will walk these cars on the track... a 360cs, c6 z06, f430, gallardo, r34 gtr, and 996 turbo.

^^^ No.... It would EMBARRASS those cars on a track
Old 02-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

997 GT3 and a 360CS would be a drivers race. 416hp 6speed porsche vs 425hp F1 tranny race bred ferrari, they both weigh close to each other i would say its a drivers race. And with the new F430 CS, not even close, ~520hp, weighing ~220lbs less than the standard 430, wow that'll be a BEAST! It would be closer to a GT2 race version than the standard GT3 or even the RS. The RS would keep up with the 430CS in corners no doubt but on long straights you need power and tq.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Nismo 350z

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
997 GT3 and a 360CS would be a drivers race. 416hp 6speed porsche vs 425hp F1 tranny race bred ferrari, they both weigh close to each other i would say its a drivers race. And with the new F430 CS, not even close, ~520hp, weighing ~220lbs less than the standard 430, wow that'll be a BEAST! It would be closer to a GT2 race version than the standard GT3 or even the RS. The RS would keep up with the 430CS in corners no doubt but on long straights you need power and tq.
Where u get the info on the F430 CS? I agree about it taking on the GT3/RS but a 360 CS will have a hard time against the 997 GT3 RS. GT3 vs 360 CS will be a drivers race but the CS had a hard time against the 996 GT3... the new one is more powerful and lighter.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:22 PM
derekinthez

Default Porsche

Originally Posted by Devil Z
Porsches are ugly. Don't flame me, it's just my opinion, which probably differs from most other people. But you'll NEVER see me with a Porsche. You will however see me with a Lambo or Ferrari if I could afford it.
.....then you have never owned one . . . forgive them lord for they know not what they say . . .
Old 03-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Electricchild

He doesn't have to own one to form an opinion on its LOOKS. Perfomance based opinions? Sure, I would expect him to drive one.

I personally agree that they don't exactly TURN heads for the dollars you're shelling out for those things, but as people here have said, it's about individual preference. Most people on the my350z website are into performance, so most of them like Porsches. Some people are into looks a little bit more, so they don't, etc.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:17 PM
JasonCA

If only my 2007 350z could do this (Porsche Gt3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aXqh-6pb94

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZk--Qq21ck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbtTJ2W4ceg

To me it comes close though I'm only 1000 RPM's shy!

Last edited by JasonCA; 03-05-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:39 PM
TimeAttkZ

I want to scream right now a alot of ppl. Please research Porsche as a company ... GT3 ... GT2 ... cupcars ... carrera GT .. whatever it may be. Study them all. Porsche is in no way shape or form anything remotley like a 350z no will it ever be. Ahh Im so overwhelmed by all the information running through my head that I cannot type.

Lets just say I would literally cut off one of my nuts for the new GT3 cup car. Lucky for me living in Orange County I get to see them all the time at our local exotic car show .. every satrday morning. Words cannot describe....
Old 03-05-2007, 09:54 PM
bacalhau16

Ya, Im not sure why so many people are trying to really compare the two cars. I understand that this is a forum and we compare a lot of cars to each other. I just think that the Porsche is not really in the same league as the Z at all. Not many people compare the new Z06 to a Z, or a Viper or something of that nature, so Im not sure where poeple assume comparing a GT3 is worth it. The GT3 outperforms a Z in every way.

I believe the only cars that could be close to comparable would be a new 07 Z, and a Cayman. I think a Cayman S would be a really tough battle, and one Im not sure a Z could win. But the regular Cayman would be closer, then a regular Carrera would be the closest.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:39 AM
Forrest80

Not one post with some facts yet. Besides the obvious stock for stock it comes better.

I hear alot of YOU SHOULD KNOW WHY.

Like if some one said it was made out of some special super light weight metal thats only used on nasa i would be like wow ok its got something that cant really get.

So far i see none of that.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:33 AM
spacemn_spiff

Originally Posted by Devil Z
Porsches are ugly. Don't flame me, it's just my opinion, which probably differs from most other people. But you'll NEVER see me with a Porsche. You will however see me with a Lambo or Ferrari if I could afford it.
+1.

Porsche interiors are ugly as well. Dont even get me started on outdated 911 layout.

Originally Posted by derekinthez
.....then you have never owned one . . .
I dont see the need to.

Last edited by spacemn_spiff; 03-06-2007 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:49 AM
mikhe

Not one post with some facts yet. Besides the obvious stock for stock it comes better.

I hear alot of YOU SHOULD KNOW WHY.

Like if some one said it was made out of some special super light weight metal thats only used on nasa i would be like wow ok its got something that cant really get.

So far i see none of that.
stock for stock a 350z is much better then a honda civic (EG series) I put the money into the civic with the price difference and the civic will kill the 350z. What's your point?

superior interior quality, and just overall quality. ( the Z has standard interior, dont even compare the interior with Porsche), design, exclusive looks. Warranty, much better ride quality then a aftermarket Z (if you were modded to the GT3 level).

Dont compare aftermarket with a stock car. You can mod alot of cars that are cheaper then the Z and make it perform like one for less. But is your car ever gonna be as street legal, comfortable, and be able to ease your mind from problems that will arise? The answer is no.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:01 AM
NightRida

You guys keep your Z's, your bulls, your Stallions, and your Ruffs.

Ill take a Bugatti Veyron!!! And whoop the living **** out of all you!!!
(Disregard the price tag of course)
Peace!
Old 03-06-2007, 05:15 PM
TimeAttkZ

^ Mikhe is right ...

Dude it will take alllllllll frekin day for me to indulge you on this topic. Im sorry, but if you are asking what makes a porsche better than a 350z then your not a true car enthusiest. It took me years to understand and appreciate these types of cars that ill probably never have the privelidge of owning( I hope im wrong). Not one person can explain in simple terms in a short paragraph why they are better.

You want an easy answer: EVERYTHING ABOUT THE PORSCHE IS BETTER
(and not from your moms point of view ... worried about cupholders and seat warmers, but from a car enthusiests viewpoint)

Aerodynamics
R&D as a company
Years of experience
Suspension
Powerplant
Tranny
Interior
Appeal
ECU and all electronics
Seats (lateral support etc)
weight savings/ support / stability ... using highest forms of technology known to man

the mere capability of running one of the most successful and fastest times around the nurburing.

the fact that you can get various materials/colors/stiching to be incorporated in your interior and exterior badging upon order

...and basically you have to appreciate the overall mystique that comes with the car.

We can go on forever. Im not saying your forced to love them. But anyone who gets a ride in a gt3 cup car or whatever high end porsche it may be ... is not paying attention to how much they cost. You almost cannot put a dollar amount on them. There is a whole other world outside of the import scene and some people just arent exposed to it.

Last edited by TimeAttkZ; 03-06-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:06 PM
NightRida

agreed but still not touching the Veyron!

Quick Reply: Selling the 07 Porsche GT3 but keeping the Z?