Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

For those that did not preorder-----

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 10:33 PM
jelledge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those that did not preorder-----

Apparently many of the larger Nissan dealers are getting more 350Z starting in late September and into early October. They said these cars come from Nissan pre-configured with various option packages and trim levels.

I just called and ordered one for myself from a dealer in Salt Lake City. Expected delivery is 1st week of October at MSRP ! My dealer also said that even if they don't get the model and color I asked for there will be enough cars in the U.S. by then to trade with another dealer.

Wow, and I thought I would have to wait until January......

Note that many of the smaller Nissan dealers are not getting these extra cars and many have no idea when Nissan will send them cars. Happy car hunting.....
Old 07-23-2002, 10:35 PM
jelledge

Almost forgot, my dealer also stated that they will now by middle of August what cars and trim levels they will be getting.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:44 PM
rai

I guess Nissan is really trying to flood the market to get as much cash as they can before the the compitition can get it's cars in the showrooms. I'd be shocked if we don't see some type of price drops at porsche or honda S2000.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:53 PM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

I still have not heard anything about delivery from my dealer. Several of the folks on the pre order program have been told they won't get their cars until November and now we are hearing that we can walk into a dealer and buy a car off the floor at MSRP in September or October.

I am beginning to think that this pre order program was just a lot of marketing hype.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:58 PM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by Pooh2002
I still have not heard anything about delivery from my dealer. Several of the folks on the pre order program have been told they won't get their cars until November and now we are hearing that we can walk into a dealer and buy a car off the floor at MSRP in September or October.

I am beginning to think that this pre order program was just a lot of marketing hype.
Pre-ordering a car to the exact specifications you want; getting a confirmation packet tailored to you; getting a first-release specification packet; all of this and more ... included in this "marketing hype."

Being able to say you pre-ordered "your tailored car," and not "getting one off the lot that happened to come close to what you wanted" ... priceless!
Old 07-23-2002, 10:59 PM
jelledge

Yeah, it seems pretty clear that the Nissan dealers have not been doing a very good at keeping the customer informed.

Maybe ZISME can clear this up somewhat, but it seems like the initial batch of pre-orders like Jan-April or so are all set to arrive in August and were produced in June.

Now the second wave of pre-orders was like May-mid June. My guess is these will come in like September.

Now of course the factories making the Z don't just stop making them - they keep on trucking. So my guess would be that the normal dealer allotment of cars will begin showing up in October for the larger dealers anyway.

My $0.02
Old 07-23-2002, 11:04 PM
skimark

Originally posted by ToddLuc

Pre-ordering a car to the exact specifications you want; getting a confirmation packet tailored to you; getting a first-release specification packet; all of this and more ... included in this "marketing hype."

Being able to say you pre-ordered "your tailored car," and not "getting one off the lot that happened to come close to what you wanted" ... priceless!

No confirmation from Nissan (ordered 5/17), no spec packet and a dealer who says "your in there - they send them out in batches" is not priceless. I sure hope the car is better than this terrible pre-order process.
Old 07-23-2002, 11:06 PM
rep15

From dealers who told us conflicting information that proved false about pre-orders because they were so woefully out of the loop, you are now believing that this statement from this dealer is in any way related to reality?

Sounds like a dealer who has set the hook - anything for a sale. If jelledge gets his off the floor 350Z the first of October I will apologize for doubting the dealer. Yea, right.
Old 07-23-2002, 11:11 PM
jelledge

Well, you might be right that the dealer is lying to me. However I found this dealer to be very honest in the past.

As well they only wanted a $500 deposit that was fully refundable and did not try to price gouge me in anyway. If I get screwed out of a car then at least I have it in writing to get my deposit back. Seems to me like this is a much better deal then some of these terrible dealers charging over MSRP and asking for $2k non-refundable deposit. IMHO
Old 07-23-2002, 11:14 PM
mdouvris

Default Nice...

jelledge welcome to the land of the clueless dealers!!! I hope you get your car before I get mine. THAT would be priceless! cause Im lookin at end of October for pre order delivery....maybe
Old 07-23-2002, 11:59 PM
jelledge

Default Time will tell

I agree with your post it does not make sense. I guess time will tell as to when the cars show up. I know I did not take over someone's pre-order slot, but ordered one from the early general allotment the dealer is getting.

When I was calling other dealers I noticed that the smaller Nissan dealers were only getting like 2-3 pre-order slots and had no idea when the general allotments were coming. However I had two of the larger dealers that have like 15-20 preorders tell me that they will start recieving their general allotment of cars in late Sept - to early Oct.

Hey in 2-3 months we will know for sure. I remain skeptical myself, but optimistic.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:03 AM
350zpower

Default Hmmmm

I think its very strange for this to happen .. because some people are pre-order customers and were told they're car wont be shipped until at least October, maybe even November.

So why would the dealers have this huge surplus of cars sitting on the lot for MSRP, when many of the pre-order customers would have yet to take delivery.

Perhaps your dealer is right, but i take everything my dealer says with a grain of salt .. when OCtober rolls dont be shocked if your dealer throws you a "their has been a delay, you'll have to wait 4 more weeks .. " etc.. etc..

The dealers will do what they can to do business with you.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:45 AM
westpak
SFZCC

You need to take into account that the dealer may have filled in his last unsold preorder slots with cars of various trims so some dealers will have cars on the lot unspoken for, I know because my dealer has done just that, they ordered the last three slots under salesmen's names and will have a few Z's on the lot, I don't think my dealer is an execption and think more have done this, so don't be surprised to hear stories of people walking into a dealership and picking up a Z at the same time others are picking up their preorders.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:54 AM
rep15

I see, good point. It is still really a pre-order but the customer doesn't know it and no choosing of options.