Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

It's an obsession!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 02:49 PM
tomiegunzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by infamous350
dam spoiled kids lol i mean im only 21 but i been out my 3 years now own apartment own car all paid by me with a little hustling on the side heres some advice if you have a cadillac 2005 u get to drive for free why not just drive it for free and not make payments and start saving for a house
This guy knows what hes talking about. Buy what you need, not what you want....haha im jk. Just get someone to T-bone your car and collect insurance. Or you can drive across the US and tell your insurance that it was stolen.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:55 PM
drivenCSZ

wait, why would you keep the cadillac? why not trade it in and concentrate on school instead of work. Is it your parents and thats just the car you're driving or is it yours? i dont understand.

If you need a winter car, just trade in the caddy and get a $1000 winter beater.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:57 PM
JonnyRod

buy the Z! haha

Last edited by JonnyRod; 03-12-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Scoot

Looking back personally on my college experience, I'd say you'd be much better with the SRX. I had an Integra for about half the time I was in school. The last half I had a Grand Cherokee. With as much moving as I did, and traveling back and forth from home to school, the Jeep was MUCH better suited for my needs.

The whole time I was there I was PRAYING for the day that I could get something else (especially a bike, which I finally have now and love), and at the time, I probably would've jumped at the chance to get something sportier had the opportunity presented itself. Looking back on it now though, it's good that I didn't. It wouldn't have been very practical for my situation and it makes me appreciate what I got now more.

That and I really didn't drive that much at school. Don't know how close you live to yours, but I was able to live close enough to campus that I didn't really ever need a car other than to go to the store for groceries/supplies

So I'd say take a look at your whole situation and see if the car really fits. Don't try to make it fit, or try to get it cause you REALLY want it, but really sit down and figure out all your needs in a car right now...
Old 03-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Tritown72

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
wait, why would you keep the cadillac? why not trade it in and concentrate on school instead of work. Is it your parents and thats just the car you're driving or is it yours? i dont understand.

If you need a winter car, just trade in the caddy and get a $1000 winter beater.
I am keeping the car as a means of transportation when i want to go out with my friends and they all wanna hop in with me and for the winter. I am not really in any financial trouble so why trade it, besides the car is under my name but co-signed with my parents(to establish my credit) i dont pay for payments/insurance/and sometimes gas. Now i know im making myself seem spoiled but the truth is that i am not happy with the car and my parents know that. They have both agreed to this as they have seen how much time and effort i am putting into it.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:31 PM
drivenCSZ

Originally Posted by Tritown72
I am keeping the car as a means of transportation when i want to go out with my friends and they all wanna hop in with me and for the winter. I am not really in any financial trouble so why trade it, besides the car is under my name but co-signed with my parents(to establish my credit) i dont pay for payments/insurance/and sometimes gas. Now i know im making myself seem spoiled but the truth is that i am not happy with the car and my parents know that. They have both agreed to this as they have seen how much time and effort i am putting into it.

you arent making yourself seemed spoiled, id say thats pretty spoiled. Having 2 cars like that? sell the caddy buy a winter beater and take your parents out for some nice dinners. Or atleast buy the groceries. or pay for your education(which i assume you arent doing either) sheesh

and your education is way more important. Theres no way you can fully concentrate on school, working your claimed 40-50 hrs a week. But whatever floats your boat. good luck

Last edited by drivenCSZ; 03-12-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:59 PM
moflow

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont get the Z. I'm not hating on you and i dont think you're spoiled. The Z is an awful car for a college student. Ever tried to move with a Z? I have, probably the only time i wish i had bought an evo instead.

But here's the main thing. School is an AWFULL place for a Z. You're talking about parking your car someplace perpetually inhabited by drunk, careless kids. They will ding it. They will run into it. They will lean on it in jeans with metal buttons. Your car will take a beating no matter how carefull you are. Driving skill has nothing to do with it. DO NOT get a Z while you are in school. The amount of abuse my 88 celica took made me want to cry. If I had owned a Z while in school i would've shot myself.

Just get a beater and buy the Z when you graduate.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Tritown72

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
you arent making yourself seemed spoiled, id say thats pretty spoiled. Having 2 cars like that? sell the caddy buy a winter beater and take your parents out for some nice dinners. Or atleast buy the groceries. or pay for your education(which i assume you arent doing either) sheesh

and your education is way more important. Theres no way you can fully concentrate on school, working your claimed 40-50 hrs a week. But whatever floats your boat. good luck

Ok wow um how far in detail to i have to go with this...I AM paying for my tuition and on top of my school work even with long hours of work. I work for my dad so when I have downtime I do my schoolwork, now I only go to school two days a week mon/wens and I have free time in between classes. I do pay for my phone bill however and I have been paying 1 utility bill a month to make it feel like im helping out too. And your right there is no way i can FULLY concentrate on my schoolwork and thats true, at the moment im just finishing up getting my associates degree and getting my general ed courses out of the way then majoring in Financing and business management/HR. I am only working extra hours at the moment so I can save up for a hefty down payment on the car (roughly 6g cash or so) so my monthly payments would not be as high, as far as insurance goes I probally wont be paying for that either but I WILL be paying for my gas money put into the car. *phew*
Old 03-12-2007, 05:08 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

tritown72. Get the Z if you really want to. However, keep school as a priority. Trade down on the Caddy to something to handle winters and get the Z for other times.
Ignore the spoiled comments, I'm sure you have been for most of your life.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:47 PM
SergEK

Ok wow um how far in detail to i have to go with this...I AM paying for my tuition and on top of my school work even with long hours of work. I work for my dad so when I have downtime I do my schoolwork, now I only go to school two days a week mon/wens and I have free time in between classes. I do pay for my phone bill however and I have been paying 1 utility bill a month to make it feel like im helping out too. And your right there is no way i can FULLY concentrate on my schoolwork and thats true, at the moment im just finishing up getting my associates degree and getting my general ed courses out of the way then majoring in Financing and business management/HR. I am only working extra hours at the moment so I can save up for a hefty down payment on the car (roughly 6g cash or so) so my monthly payments would not be as high, as far as insurance goes I probally wont be paying for that either but I WILL be paying for my gas money put into the car. *phew*
Being that your a Finance major (someday) youll hopefully see the errors of your ways given your opportunity

If your gonna buy a Z33 make sure its used with low mileage and in decent condition --- this should only set you back 15-20K your payments at that level will be much lower and at least then you can park the money you save into a retirement account by the time your 65 youll thank yourself

Or you can do what I did and blow all your money on junk and not have anything to show for it Except for a used car and some memories!

I dont think your spoiled, maybe privleged but not spoiled......a spoiled kid wouldnt pay for anything and expect a porsche

Just use your head....your young but look at the numbers --- think about the car you can have when your 25.....after the retirement account, 100% focus on school and you buy your first house that you rent out while you chill at your parents house LMFAO

Hispanic familes tend to think differently about that sort of thing.....responsibility isnt making you pay for everything....responsibility is teaching you to use your money to make better financial decisisons.....one day remember how your parents helped you get set up and take care of them when they need you in 40-50years
Old 03-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Tritown72

Originally Posted by SergEK
Being that your a Finance major (someday) youll hopefully see the errors of your ways given your opportunity

If your gonna buy a Z33 make sure its used with low mileage and in decent condition --- this should only set you back 15-20K your payments at that level will be much lower and at least then you can park the money you save into a retirement account by the time your 65 youll thank yourself

Or you can do what I did and blow all your money on junk and not have anything to show for it Except for a used car and some memories!

I dont think your spoiled, maybe privleged but not spoiled......a spoiled kid wouldnt pay for anything and expect a porsche

Just use your head....your young but look at the numbers --- think about the car you can have when your 25.....after the retirement account, 100% focus on school and you buy your first house that you rent out while you chill at your parents house LMFAO

Hispanic familes tend to think differently about that sort of thing.....responsibility isnt making you pay for everything....responsibility is teaching you to use your money to make better financial decisisons.....one day remember how your parents helped you get set up and take care of them when they need you in 40-50years
Wow thanks everyone who has put in their own .02 on what I should do. I had the intensions that I wanted to see if other people went through or are going through what I am to get their beloved Z. But im still very content with the way things turned out. And thank you SergEK I agree with you 100% and I am glad to let you know that I have already done all the paperwork and number punching to make my decision on what I should do with the purchase. It is just until recently where I decided to save up for the down payment on my future car. I have made sure when doing my calculations that I include unexpected expenses that come with owning a car. I have also made sure that I set enough money aside for my future too but as far as waiting till im 25 for the car also has its pros and cons...pros- insurance would cost LESS, more money saved up for other things I should be doing at my age, etc...Cons- I plan to settle down and get married around that time in my life so I need to get the important things out of the way first , now with that said I would like to thank everyone again for your time to read/reply to my post. I will keep you guys posted and hopefully post pics of my new baby once shes in my hands
Peace,
Eddie
Old 03-12-2007, 09:54 PM
myladyz33

get the z youll love it and being your 19 it surprises alot of most the older z drivers and feels good im 19 but got a brand new 06 when i was 18 no car payments and $641 a month for insurance but i dont pay so who cares get it sell the srx to mod the z!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 10:39 PM
orangeflash

[QUOTE=moflow]Dont get the Z. I'm not hating on you and i dont think you're spoiled. The Z is an awful car for a college student. Ever tried to move with a Z? I have, probably the only time i wish i had bought an evo instead.[QUOTE]

moving with a Z

Its called Uhaul truck!!!!!

Get the Z. This car is freakin bad ***! I traded in my 06 eclipse gt for a 03 touring. by the way the eclipse was paid off! Im obessed over this car and im glad i finally bought the damn thing.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Electricchild

Originally Posted by s13SRmadness
i knew what it meant you moron, but notice where the OP is from...
Zed= Z outside of the USA. bewb.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:00 PM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by priscilla ls1
Whats with all the noobs in here? You all need to quit dreaming and get a job, and a life.
Yeah, a job deffinitely helps.. Lol!! :-)
Old 03-13-2007, 02:24 PM
2006_350gt

I am a soccer dad with room to put 4 kids and soccer equipment comfortably in my trunk.

Why would you put kids in your trunk?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:26 PM
dchengmd

Originally Posted by keosh
Its funny because i decided i wanted a Z in a matter of 1 day i had bought a 1991 toyota supra already pimped out with about 80,000 miles on it for $5,000 and trust it was pushing 350hp at like 12 or 13 psi something like that so was worth the 5 grand and my parents didnt want me to buy that car cuz it was to fast so they took me to the nissan dealer i was looking when i remeber nissan make one of my fav cars 350z so i got my 6,000 saved up over a 2 year period walked up to my parents and said i want that and that only if not im going to fly down to texas and get my supra right now hahahaha and no im not spoiled so dont start flaming cuz i pay for every cent on my Z. So after and hour of looking at the car test driving it twice we went and started hagling i made them drop the price from $30,000 to $25,000 still alot for an 2004 touring but it was a dealership and that $5,000 was worth the 6 hours of arguing and *****ing hahah well its been 4 months and i love my Z its great drives great and i only have 1 speeding ticket knock on wood

ps: i love how my parents still let me buy a fast car hahahah good thing my dad and uncle are huge Z fans my uncle drove a 300zx twin turbo and i think my dad had a datsun 280z hahah
Well...this post wins the "run-on sentence of the day" award.

Shoulda saved some $ and put it into some grammar classes...
Old 03-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Tritown72

Originally Posted by 2006_350gt
Why would you put kids in your trunk?
Sorry for my poor choice of words (I have room to SEAT4 kids and room in my trunk for soccer equipment...besides if I were a soccer dad with 4 kids they would probally be going in my trunk anyways
Old 03-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Tritown72

Originally Posted by dchengmd
Well...this post wins the "run-on sentence of the day" award.

Shoulda saved some $ and put it into some grammar classes...
Well, all is not lost...there is one period in that novel!
Old 03-13-2007, 03:13 PM
fearindrive

the thing im worried about is this; today i was driving around with 3 of my friends in the wrangler with the top down having a great time. with the z you can only do such things with 1 friend... potential problem, something that makes me think twice about getting the z

Quick Reply: It's an obsession!