Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad everything worked out.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Devil Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what happened? At least fill us in on the details. Like, did he actually try to scam you?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:13 PM
oclor

Originally Posted by tropicalypso
Hello everyone, thank you for your support. Mr. Gonzales and I are working together and have come to a resolution.

Please cease any contact with Mr. Gonzales or his family.

Again, thank you.
What's the resolution?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:45 PM
350zx6r

lol
Old 03-15-2007, 04:00 AM
tropicalypso

Hello everyone, sorry for the brief post last night.

Mr. Gonzales and I talked over the phone last night. He believes that he has shipped the exhaust to the wrong address, and is going to contact UPS today to determine what happened. He has also agreed to refund me the money by Friday, March 16. Sure, this could all be another story, but he has agreed to call me today around noontime today (3/15) to discuss what he has learned from UPS. I sincerely hope that he follows through with this promise.

Jimmy also acknowledged all of the previous stories, and agrees that if he were in my shoes, he would be taking the same actions that I have. In fact, he noted that he wouldn't have waited as long as I did.

Regardless of the outcome, I will continue to update this thread with more information and will continue as such until the matter is fully resolved. If his latest set of promises turns out to be a ruse, then I assure you that I will make it public on this thread. Likewise, if Jimmy comes through for me, I will also let everyone know.

In the meantime, I want to thank everyone for their strong outpouring of support, it just goes to show that the members of the 350z community are a close knit family of people who will never let another member down.

-- Ryan

Last edited by tropicalypso; 03-15-2007 at 04:28 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:05 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Good to see you got the support you neded from everyone. Sorry I missed this thread.

G'luck on getting it resolved!
Old 03-15-2007, 05:17 AM
ekim81

wow, that's really good to hear...
these members really stick up for each other, eh?
Old 03-15-2007, 09:30 AM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Yeah, except for all the in-fighting around here. Kinda like me beating up on my little brother behind mom's back - it's all good. But if anyone else touches him, they're street grease.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:48 AM
xedes

Hello everyone, sorry for the brief post last night.

Mr. Gonzales and I talked over the phone last night. He believes that he has shipped the exhaust to the wrong address, and is going to contact UPS today to determine what happened. He has also agreed to refund me the money by Friday, March 16. Sure, this could all be another story, but he has agreed to call me today around noontime today (3/15) to discuss what he has learned from UPS. I sincerely hope that he follows through with this promise.

Jimmy also acknowledged all of the previous stories, and agrees that if he were in my shoes, he would be taking the same actions that I have. In fact, he noted that he wouldn't have waited as long as I did.

Regardless of the outcome, I will continue to update this thread with more information and will continue as such until the matter is fully resolved. If his latest set of promises turns out to be a ruse, then I assure you that I will make it public on this thread. Likewise, if Jimmy comes through for me, I will also let everyone know.

In the meantime, I want to thank everyone for their strong outpouring of support, it just goes to show that the members of the 350z community are a close knit family of people who will never let another member down.

-- Ryan
I love a happy ending!
Old 03-15-2007, 11:26 AM
KompMan420

It will only be a happy ending if one of the following comes true.

1 - Money is fully refunded
2 - Full exhaust is delivered
3 - At least a hand job is received
Old 03-15-2007, 12:23 PM
twisty

hahahaha i cannot beleive you are still so polite about all of this with this guy. did he ever even send you pictures proving he had the item in the first place? honestly, i hope this all works out for you, and remember, ALWAYS use credit cards with paypal, and at the first sign of trouble, tell the person you are reversing the charge, give them 24 hours to fix the problem, and if they don't, reverse the change.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:13 AM
KompMan420

Yep, that's Trop for ya. You can slap him in the face and he'd say "Please don't do that." Kick him in the nuts and "I'd really appreciate it if you wouldn't do that." It's the southern upbringing I guess. It's almost impossible for him to be mean. That's why he's got me as a best friend. I'm the designated a$$hole... Wait, how'd I get this position again? Looks like I'm the one getting the shaft on this deal........
Old 03-16-2007, 09:17 AM
tropicalypso

Originally Posted by KompMan420
Yep, that's Trop for ya. You can slap him in the face and he'd say "Please don't do that." Kick him in the nuts and "I'd really appreciate it if you wouldn't do that." It's the southern upbringing I guess. It's almost impossible for him to be mean. That's why he's got me as a best friend. I'm the designated a$$hole... Wait, how'd I get this position again? Looks like I'm the one getting the shaft on this deal........
For the record, kicking me in the nutz will result in the delivery of a severe *** beating.

I don't recommend people trying it.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:24 AM
LAKERSFAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the record, kicking me in the nutz will result in the delivery of a severe *** beating.

lol

so how did he manage to ship it to the wrong address.......... sounds funny to me. the shipping address is given to you when payment is received.

Well, hopefully you get everything resolved. Good luck!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:48 AM
tropicalypso

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
lol

so how did he manage to ship it to the wrong address.......... sounds funny to me. the shipping address is given to you when payment is received.

Well, hopefully you get everything resolved. Good luck!
Thanks

Here's what I have heard thus far, I can't corroborate the details yet, but I will go ahead and relay the info.

The seller shipped the exhaust in three separate boxes under one label via UPS. He did so back around March 5th. To him, the deal was done, out of his hands, and he didn't have to think about it any longer.

A week and a half goes by, and I don't receive shipment. So he contacts UPS(yesterday) to see what was going on. According to UPS, two of the three boxes have been stuck in a North Carolina distribution center for the last few days because they misplaced the third box (which contained the Y-Pipe). Upon learning this, the seller inquired about filing a claim, but UPS was confident that the item would show up. After the call to UPS, the seller contacted me and explained the above information to me. As outlandish as it sounds, I feel he is being sincere, as he gave me the option to take a full refund.

About 10 minutes ago, the seller contacted me, notifying me that UPS has found the third box, and that shipment is on its way. Due to the screwup, a new tracking # has been filed with the shipment, and I will receive that as soon as the seller learns it himself.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:08 AM
KompMan420

Riiiight
Attached Thumbnails Seeking Advice - Potential Scam-fairy.gif  
Old 03-16-2007, 11:15 AM
tropicalypso

Originally Posted by KompMan420
Riiiight
don't try me

I gawt all da teh l33t sk1lls

Old 03-16-2007, 12:55 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I hate to be a cynic but EACH box should have a tracking number - UPS does not combine them into one order. My company gets partial deliveries on a regular basis, then a day or two later the "missing" package arrives. We also ship multiple packages which comprise one order - each package gets entered into the on-line system separately as its own transaction and is assigned its own tracking number. I have a feeling this thread is not over yet....
Old 03-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Sean

I was thinking the seller is droping the parts off today for the first time...
Old 03-16-2007, 02:24 PM
tropicalypso

Yeah, I can't vouch for any of the information in post #75. So we shall see.

Quick Reply: Seeking Advice - Potential Scam