Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Very cool x-post comparing Audi TT with the Z...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 08:09 AM
BrianZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by VQracer
Doesn't Audi own Lamborghini?
No way dude! Get a 1.8T with a GIAC chip!!!!!! and an Oettinger kit of course!

Oh yeah!!!

Victor
Yes, plus Bugatti!
Old 07-24-2002, 08:13 AM
BrianZ

I don't see Porsche
Well Heck, maybe I'm wrong about that. I'll check again.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:20 AM
NissaNZ

Lightbulb

Well one thing's for sure the Z will spend more time on the road than in the shop unlike the TT.

BTW What do they mean by "It's a nice car (the Z) but it's no TT), I mean it wins in every performance category except the interior is not as good, so how is that the TT is still better? Can someone clear that up?
Old 07-24-2002, 08:29 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

I've been a regular on AW for several years now. Like BMW owners, a majority (NOT all, but many) of Audi drivers think they own the greatest car on the road. I've never understood the acute, narrow-minded mentality that many brand-loyal enthusiasts suffer from. It's really, really sad and I do hope that once the Zs start to arrive, that my Z brethren here don't go around talking out their asses about performance like so many other tools out there. There's always a faster car, there's always a better car, unless of course you own a McLaren F1.

I won't bother to go into great detail, but the TT is also known as a vehicle of choice for those with an alternative lifestyle, not that there's anything wrong with that. You think that's ever going to happen to the Z? F*** NO!

Old 07-24-2002, 08:50 AM
Intrepid

Cool pictures. But I think the TT looks ugly next to the Z. No doubt the TT is a nice car, but they're two completely different looks and performing vehicles.

Originally posted by droidekaus
I won't bother to go into great detail, but the TT is also known as a vehicle of choice for those with an alternative lifestyle, not that there's anything wrong with that. You think that's ever going to happen to the Z? F*** NO!
"Alternative Lifestyle"? Well, if you mean gay people, I don't think you can make that generalization about sexual orientation and the TT or Z.

Last edited by Intrepid; 07-24-2002 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:03 AM
droideka

Originally posted by Intrepid
"Alternative Lifestyle"? Well, if you mean gay people, I don't think you can make that generalization about sexual orientation and the TT or Z.
It's not a generalization, rather a fact with regards to the TT. Gay men love the TT. The TT forum at AW published a cook book for f***'s sake! Although, all proceeds did go to charity which was nice.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:07 AM
Intrepid

Where can I get this cook book?

Do you have a link to the TT forum at AW?
Old 07-24-2002, 09:22 AM
droideka

Originally posted by Intrepid
Where can I get this cook book?

Do you have a link to the TT forum at AW?
As Emeril would say... BAM!!!
Old 07-24-2002, 09:31 AM
Intrepid

Thanks. Very interesting! I guess I stand corrected. Well, I for one don't like the TT. I'll keep my Z.

Last edited by Intrepid; 07-24-2002 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:32 AM
ZON

It's not a generalization, rather a fact with regards to the TT. Gay men love the TT. The TT forum at AW published a cook book for f***'s sake! Although, all proceeds did go to charity which was nice.

OH REALLY!! Well, I will be carefull about racing a guy in a TT. Wouldn't want to "blow" him away, might get the wrong idea!!
Old 07-24-2002, 11:03 AM
NissaNZ

Hehe... Blow him away.
Old 07-24-2002, 01:38 PM
jran76

Default VW is the company, they have 2 lines....

VW owns Bentley and Skoda also, and it is all under VW ownership....

VW owns all of them, they are split into two groups, a classic and a sporting. Lambo, Buggatti, Audi, and Seat are the sporting line. VW, Bentley, and Skoda are the classic line.

They do work with Porsche, they will supply the chasis of the new Cheyanne SUV to Porsche and it will be very similar the VW's upcoming Toureag (sp?) SUV....

The new Bentley (Continental, or GT Coupe) will use the Phaeton chasis and awd, also a twin turbo version of the W12 with 550 HP and 700 ft. lbs of torque. Unbelievabe car, it is in the same issue of CAR and EVO as the 350Z....
Old 07-24-2002, 04:43 PM
Zboy

Originally posted by throbbing_Zon

OH REALLY!! Well, I will be carefull about racing a guy in a TT. Wouldn't want to "blow" him away, might get the wrong idea!!
"All he could do was stare at my butt" wouldnt work nicely either...

...and make sure you dont get "rear-ended"
Old 07-24-2002, 05:02 PM
mattyZ

mattyZ, LOVE the '02 A4! If I wasn't getting the Z it'd be at the top of my list. Dolphin Grey, 3.0, 6MT! I'm an AW regular on the OT forum as 'akediord'. What's your nick over there?

Welcome!
Hey Droid!

My nick at AW is Matthew Z...I have a 2002 A4 3.0 six speed loaded, Ming Blue, Platinum leather. God what a beautiful car. The plan is for the Audi to be turned over to my wife when her lease expires and for me to get a new Z!! Then I have the best of both worlds, a luxury sporty all wheel drive sedan and an awesome sports car!!!
Old 07-24-2002, 05:07 PM
mattyZ

No way dude! Get a 1.8T with a GIAC chip!!!!!! and an Oettinger kit of course!

Oh yeah!!!

Victor
Hey Vic...

I actually had a 2001 A4 1.8T, the old body style with an APR chip, which put out about 210 hp and 250 lb-ft!! Man, that little engine really hauled! I traded it in for the more sensible 3.0 so it can go to the wife
Old 07-24-2002, 07:02 PM
NUJOYZ

Originally posted by BrianZ

German car drivers can be a funny lot.

VW owners think they own the road.

BMW drivers know they do!
That's because we do.... (maybe not for too much longer)
Coming from a former Nissan owner, it's about time Nissan got off their asses and got their act together!!

I love my BMW, but I'm also a Z freak. It was love at first sight on all counts (E46 and the Z...240Z through 350Z). Can't really say the same about the TT though :thumbsdown:.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:51 PM
MatthewZ

VW owns Audi, Lamborghini, bugatti, they own rolls royce or bentley (maybe both), but BMW is buying one of them. I do not think that VW owns Porsche. Porsche used to work for VW (he designed the beattle) but left and started his own company.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:54 PM
NUJOYZ

Originally posted by MatthewZ
VW owns Audi, Lamborghini, bugatti, they own rolls royce or bentley (maybe both), but BMW is buying one of them. I do not think that VW owns Porsche. Porsche used to work for VW (he designed the beattle) but left and started his own company.
VW actually owns Porsche, but Porsche is it's own entity. VW has nothing to do with them past being the parent company.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:03 PM
BrianZ

Strangely enough, this phenomenon does exist. One of the car Web sites even had an article on it. They had a list of top ten cars for gays and lesbians. One of the one's I found interesting was that the Miata was strangely popular among gay men. I don't know why that should be. Another one was the F150 truck was popular among lesbians.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:35 PM
wxtornado

Originally posted by BrianZ

... One of the one's I found interesting was that the Miata was strangely popular among gay men.
You beat me to it Brian, I was gonna say I've seen MANY Miata's with the rainbow sticker on the bumper in the Balto/DC area.

Quick Reply: Very cool x-post comparing Audi TT with the Z...