Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Very cool x-post comparing Audi TT with the Z...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 08:38 AM
ndriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you sure about VW owning Porche ?? I know that Ferdinand Piech's family founded Porche I'll check with the guys at vwvortex.

I like the Audis, I'd have probably gone for an S4/or a 1.8TA4 if the Z had not come along.
Old 07-25-2002, 09:26 AM
BrianZ

Default Re: Wow

Originally posted by kraZy

At first I was angry when I read this... then that quickly grew into sadness. I feel sorry for this self-serving kid. Seems as though his priorities, his outlook on the real world and those who live in it are in need of a re-evaluation. Amazing isn't it? That there are such close-minded people in this world that don't even realize it. Sad.

I don't have to go and remind everyone that the TT isn't really the status symbol this kid's hoping it is, do I? Keep the TT kid, and keep livin' the dream that no one else is in but yourself...
Some people have to BUY a personality.
Old 07-25-2002, 06:03 PM
Zboy

Originally posted by charliemike
This whole TT vs. 350Z is so stupid. The are completely different types of cars for completely different types of buyers.

While it's true that some will cross shop the TT and the Z (I think the convertible Z will be cross-shopped far more often), I just cannot see how the two compare in any way other than they are cars, have two doors, and have sporty aspirations.

As far as the TT being a chick car, or a car for homosexuals, I think a black 225 TT roadster with the two-toned interior is as nice a convertible as I've seen around. I would definitely consider it if I was going to spend $40k on a car.

This whole guy car vs. chick car thing is even more ridiculous. The VW Cabrio is universally considered a "chick car". However if I wanted one, I'd get one and drive it happily because my masculinity is secure.

Are Mustang V6s chick cars? The vast majority are owned by women. So adding 17" wheels and a V8 makes it a guy car all of the sudden? They essentially look the same. I think that pretty much takes care of that argument.

The internet is FULL of people that are so insecure that they cannot accept that their choice was not the best. It's as if they will crumble if they believe that there could possibly be another car as good as theirs if not better.

It's a car. A method of transportation. A fun diversion on a weekend or just something to make the drive to work more enjoyable. We are not our fricking cars ...
Good write up. Good thing you didnt try to persuade people while using VW Beetle as an example.