Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Who wants to start a company....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 04:29 PM
Mikey Likes It
Charter Member #44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who wants to start a company....

I've been hearing alot now about how much nicer the interior is on the G35 as compared to the Z, and how the fit and finish on the Z leaves something to be desired.

Believe me, I'm sold on the Z, and I want both performance and the luxury goodies too. (I want it all!)

But with all the talk of the materials and build of the Z interior, I would be willing to pay for an aftermarket company to build replacement interior parts.

Maybe real aluminum replace the plastic, how about a carbon fiber door to replace the nav cover? Leather door panels?

I hope someone (company) steps up after the car comes out and provides us with these options.

Don't get me wrong; I will be extremely happy with what I get, but if the opportunity is there for upgrading, I'll jump.

UNLESS, someone want's to sell me the interior from their G35!

Mikey
Old 07-24-2002, 04:53 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

Default Up to the plate.. throw the ball

Agreed...... 200% plus....

Float your boat.. who moved my cheese... whatever you want...

You want interior............................................ buy the G35...

You want performance and a sports car look... buy the Z

You want luggage space.................................. buy a Buick

enough said....
Old 07-24-2002, 06:27 PM
Boomer

Default Re: Who wants to start a company....

Originally posted by Mikey Likes It
I've been hearing alot now about how much nicer the interior is on the G35 as compared to the Z, and how the fit and finish on the Z leaves something to be desired.

Believe me, I'm sold on the Z, and I want both performance and the luxury goodies too. (I want it all!)

But with all the talk of the materials and build of the Z interior, I would be willing to pay for an aftermarket company to build replacement interior parts.

Maybe real aluminum replace the plastic, how about a carbon fiber door to replace the nav cover? Leather door panels?

I hope someone (company) steps up after the car comes out and provides us with these options.

Don't get me wrong; I will be extremely happy with what I get, but if the opportunity is there for upgrading, I'll jump.

UNLESS, someone want's to sell me the interior from their G35!

Mikey
Exactly what I have been thinking, if the Z's interior lets you down, wait until the interior kits, carbon fiber, leather, etc. and add them. Me, I don't care if plastic is the main medium in the Z's interior, I'm buying the Zfor its performance, not its luxury. You want luxury, buy the new Merc 500 SL with folding hardtop, it will cost you $90,000, but money is no object, right. Maybe that is true for you folks, not me, I retired from the public sector, not the private sector. I can't afford a 500SL, nor do I really want one.

The only change to the interior I have contemplated is more sound deadening material in the hatchback area. You all know a hatch can be noisy because there is less separation from the front seats.

Or, if I'm on a trip, one off many I
m planning, earplugs can be an asset when your on the road a long time and listening to a engine drone. The earplugs will be for my wife, not me, unless its unbearable, then I will go to a good stereo shop and have them beef up the sound deadening material, period.

The G35C will not have the feel of the Z we have been waiting for all these months.

Boomer--emphatic.
BR/FR/AT
Old 07-24-2002, 07:32 PM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

I think Mikey made a legitimate observation here and it seems like everyone landed on him like a ton of bricks -- I mean DRIVE A BUICK?? Performance is importent to me, not a really nice interior. But I don't think there is any thing wrong with someone wanting both performance and a nice interior and it certainly doesn't mean they should drive a buick. I think you could certainly upgrade the interior of the Z for a few grand, I don't think suggesting a $90K car is terribly useful.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:38 PM
Mikey Likes It
Charter Member #44

Thanks Robbyn (brushing off brick dust). I was just making an observation. Didn't think I would be stamped on and labeled as a Buick owner

The whole reason I am getting this car is because it is a true sportscar for my price range. I just think there is always room for improvement. I like doing mods to performance as well as look. Though I'm not into the heavily body-paneled cars with the peach basket handled wings, I like my cars to look and feel nice to be in. I think I can have what I want without spending 90K for a car.

Ah, well, to each his own. Just don't label me as non-sportscar enthusiast.

Mike
Old 07-24-2002, 08:41 PM
blueshift
Charter Member #83

I think the Z will be a popular car and therefore have various kits to improve the look of the interior...it might take a year...but they'll come out.

-Andrew