Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z accessories on Ebay...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 05:05 AM
emulzhn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z accessories on Ebay...

I'm trying to obtain a general consensus on purchased Z accessories on Ebay. I've used Ebay numerous times but from my experience, you better know your product well before you purchased as many scammers thrive on this site. Things like the no-name y-pipes, generic headers, and etc. are just a few that interest me but doubt them as I had never read of them here on our informative site. Would anyone care to share their experiences with purchases, sellers, companies, good or bad product, reasonable products, reasonable substitutes, great buys, steals and so on. I know...you get what you pay for....however, sometimes it's just nice to discover a great buy...

list on.....
Old 03-24-2007, 06:31 AM
tranceformer95

Generally the "lower quality" and "knock-off" items show up on ebay. Sounds like most have success with the stuff they buy on ebay. Just stay away from those silly performance chips.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:36 AM
halfass872

My experience is to stay away from headlights/tail lights cause they are usually low quality and leak. Unless syou are buying a used factory set. Usually if you are buying used factory parts, then they'll be ok.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Jason@Riverside
Vendor - Former Vendor

There is alot of junk and then some good stuff...

We sell alot of factory accessories on ebay...

http://stores.ebay.com/Riverside-INF...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I need to get more listed up....
Old 03-24-2007, 08:59 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If I am searching for, say, a cat-back exhaust, a $1,000 recognised brand will get me one with proven performance, reliability comments from other owners, and a sound that I am familiar with (from 350Z meets). A eBay knock-off will cost me $500. Saving $500 puts me in an unknown territory. The savings trade-off is not worth the additional risk.

And a note about eBay seller positive feedback: A seller with a 98 percent positive feedback tells little about the product. Generally, feedback reflects the initial purchase: the item is shipped and received in a reasonable period, and the item looks good. There is no way for the buyer to comment if the item fell apart 1,000 miles after install.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:04 AM
rblimas

i love ebay i buy some stuff there all the time

i seen someone on cadillacowners.com that bought some thing for $20 and he thought it was going to give him 40 more HP. Rip

all you need to do is read every last word on the thing because most people put every thing about it but try to fool you with a pic or some crappy looking writing.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Blacryan

Originally Posted by Jason@Riverside
There is alot of junk and then some good stuff...

We sell alot of factory accessories on ebay...

http://stores.ebay.com/Riverside-INF...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I need to get more listed up....
Jason, will "JDM NISSAN 350Z Z33 CLEAR CORNER BUMPER LIGHTS 2006 " fit a 2007 Z?
Old 03-24-2007, 12:22 PM
BigRez
Banned

everything i have purchased off ebay for me has worked out, the only thing was that when i purchased a downpipe and y pipe this guy tried to scam me but it took me three months to get my money back through paypal. but i wouldnt say that the quality of the products is bad at all
Old 03-24-2007, 02:02 PM
emulzhn

i guess we really do have to do an extensive homework prior to purchasing. Today, a seller from NYC is posting protective film that it usually used on bumper on the Z. I decided to check it out to avoid the $500 price I was quoted for product and installation. I went thru the seller's history not only for positive history but also for Z customers to assess satisfaction. It took me 2 whole pages of positive history to see that he only posted one (1) Z product. Naturally, I mailed that Ebay member to ask him of the product. I'm just wondering however,....if the product is so good and such a steal ( as the seller whored this information throuhout the product info), why is there only one Z customer and why is most of the protective film sold were to SH*T cars like neon, corolla, and other non-attractive vehicles.... Usually owners such as of our Z's , cayman's, SLK's and etc. are the one's who apply this product to their vehicle...

hmmm...like some I've experienced, even history they possess is BS'd...
Old 03-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just because it says "NISMO" or "JDM" in the item description, it doesn't always make it so. 90% of the crap on ebay is just that, crap. so does that mean spending a little extra to get soemthing that doesn't look like crap? you bet it does.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:51 PM
SunsetSunrise

Originally Posted by davidv
If I am searching for, say, a cat-back exhaust, a $1,000 recognised brand will get me one with proven performance, reliability comments from other owners, and a sound that I am familiar with (from 350Z meets). A eBay knock-off will cost me $500. Saving $500 puts me in an unknown territory. The savings trade-off is not worth the additional risk.

And a note about eBay seller positive feedback: A seller with a 98 percent positive feedback tells little about the product. Generally, feedback reflects the initial purchase: the item is shipped and received in a reasonable period, and the item looks good. There is no way for the buyer to comment if the item fell apart 1,000 miles after install.
eBay 101
Old 03-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Barmats

A couple of things to watch out for: 1) Be careful spending big $$ with a seller who has extremely low FB. In some cases, scammers hop from user id to user id ripping people off. It happened to me once and I was lucky that PayPal refunded my money (except for $25). 2) As has been mentioned, buying something cheap will usually get you something cheap. Stick with name brands and compare prices -- sometimes it's the same or very close through an authorized vendor who will provide actual product support for you.

You can get some very good prices on eBay. I always search for misspelled items (these typically don't show up in searches using the correct spelling so they get much less attention). Place a low bid on the item so the seller can't change or correct the description. Also, look for auction end times that are odd -- this reflects poor planning on the seller's part, and can be advantageous if you happen to be awake in the middle of the night when the auction ends.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:46 PM
97mx5

Default Ebay

Be EXTREMELY careful of the words "like" or "style". If you know the brand, and know what it is worth, there are some great deals on ebay. There are also some great vendors and prices on this forum!
Old 03-24-2007, 07:58 PM
kognition

We are a small CF fabrication business, and we sell one week out of each month on Ebay more for the exposure than anything else. There are basic rules to go by. Warranty, Feedback rating, and stay away from the critical generic components like headers etc. There are also quite a few owners that buy their carbon parts on Ebay, just know that if it is a really good price like a $300 hood,
it is likely to fade out on you within a couple months. As many of those parts use a standard gel coat with little or no UV protection. And in recent months, black fiberglass woven in a 2x2 twill has emerged in products. This was to address the carbon shortage last year.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:32 PM
streetracer

I have two questions:

1-Any positive experience with the replica Varis bumper intake duct?

2-Anybody had any experience with the ebay harness bar? Its only $160 as opposed to the Sparco about $400+.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:27 AM
Viffer35Z

My largest ebay purchase was a set of 18" Nismo wheels I got from a guy named Brinster in VA. Great guy, and the wheels are perfect. Also paid $1,375 total with shipping so yes, I happily use ebay. Just have to know what you're getting. I'll probably get my Nismo exhaust from too.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Fooshe

1) Yes...I have one. Easy transaction and works great.

2) That guy in Santa Monica that sells the bars? He has posted 3-4 of them and they don't sell. I asked him about in person pick up and he said no. Also, they don't come in any other colors and won't sell them in raw material so you can weld a camera mount on. The design in identical to Sparcos, but I find it funny as all hell how he has the seat belt mounted on the bar. That alone is a warning sign!
Here is the bar link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...6289531&rd=1,1

One thing to consider is that the bar is homemade and you are trusting in that bar. A faulty made bar could be VERY dangerous. I would pop for the Sparco and not risk it.

Originally Posted by streetracer
I have two questions:

1-Any positive experience with the replica Varis bumper intake duct?

2-Anybody had any experience with the ebay harness bar? Its only $160 as opposed to the Sparco about $400+.