Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

i hate my 350z...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 09:47 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rlw222
This is what I wanted also and got it. super dependable very very safe and a nice sound from my car . Best of all the way I drive it most of the time I even get 2 to 3 more mpg's also engine runs cooler. Look at it this way you are wrecking your warantee with your mods just like I did but at least I got something out of mine without setting codes off. Just something for you to think about thats all.

Hey man congrats on your sc and I'm sure it's great but I don't see the point of you advocating something like this in his thread when the guy is trying to figure out the problem to his popcharger. Not trying to be a dick but why don't you save the comments for the F/I forum? Different strokes for different folks. Not everybody wants to go F/I.

Edit: And so far nothing he has done should affect his warranty.

Last edited by JDMFairladyZ33; 04-13-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Chako135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

edit
Old 04-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Chako135

Originally Posted by FALLEN1z
well unless the filter was overoiled when they oiled it that shouldnt be the problem on mine because the MAF is about a week old. the car was misfiring a week or 2 ago and the problem was that the MAF failed so i have new one in there now. i've always heard the jwt was a safe one to go with too that's y im so suprised that anything has gone wrong as a result. the car feels peppier, throttle response is better, it has that nice hissing sound to it when you roll onto it and the motor sounds deeper....if it wasnt for the light i would assume everything was great because it's driving perfect. im gonna go to autozone tomarrow and try and get the code pulled to see officially what it is
relax your brain guy...i cant be anything serious
Old 04-13-2007, 09:51 PM
black06z

why don't you try resetting the ecu one more time? if that doesn't work, then go from there. you probably could do it right now.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:52 PM
keosh

Dude all you got to do is wait the computer has to get used to the new component my injen cold air intake was like that ater driving it for about 2 weeks the check engine light turned off so stop tripping and love what you drive cuz if you dont go buy your self a rsx
Old 04-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Chako135

its all about the K20 son!
Old 04-14-2007, 07:56 AM
drivenCSZ

somehow i think that its not the cars fault...ive had my popcharger on for like 3 years now and not 1 problem
Old 04-14-2007, 08:33 AM
alan86

trade it in for a rustang
Old 04-14-2007, 03:15 PM
hardrock905

If I hated my Z, I'd sell the damn thing.
I have had my pop charger installed for almost 4 years now with zero problems.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:20 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 04-14-2007, 03:30 PM
doskiez

I have a pop charger and test pipes on my car and havent had a single code related to them... Are you sure you installed it right?
Old 04-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Scarab440

Am I reading this right.. you have test pipes in addtion to the intake?

are you running antifowlers on the o2 sensors with the test pipes?
Old 04-14-2007, 03:38 PM
MyZ4U2C

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ive had my JWT for 3 years and i have zero problems.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:12 PM
tmak26b

Your check engine light goes on with a test pipe because you are violating FEDERAL law jackass. Keep killing the environment, I hope you get arrested for running smelly cars

Originally Posted by FALLEN1z
alright i'll start by saying that i just installed my popcharger today and i am in love with how it changed the sound of the car. im happy with everything about it except.........

now the check engine light is on and this bugs me because the jwt is supposed to be one of the safest intakes to use. it's not even a cold air, it's a filter and a heat shield.

is it just me or does it seem like this car is so ****in fragile you cant do anything to it without it throwing some code or running like ****? i dont even wanna know what it's like going f/i with a z because i cant even add ****in test pipes and an intake without throwing a code all the time. i've had the car for 2 months and i've had a check engine light about once a week. the car's an 03 so test pipes shouldnt usually throw a code but the funny thing is that the codes the car throws are never codes that you'd expect. for example. if i add test pipes i would expect maybe a emissions code or an 02 censor code, but no, i get multiple cylinder misfires. i put on this intake and i dont know what the code is yet but y the **** cant i do anything to this car, no matter how light of a mod it is without the car deciding to run like **** (the car actually seems to be running strong, but the codes that it keeps throwing shows otherwise).

arent imports supposed to be the reliable cars? i could do whatever the **** i wanted to my mustang and it would do nothing but run stronger. no codes, no hassles, nothing ever wrong with mods to the car. the only thing that car gave me problems with was stupid stuff that was not mod related. i feel like i cant even drive the damn car without braking something. how am i supposed to autox this thing and drive it aggresively if i cant even put a ****in air filter on it without the computer saying there's something wrong?????
Old 04-14-2007, 04:53 PM
lilaznxboi08

the check engine light doesn't mean ****, when i put in my nismo cold air intake, the light came on, then just went away after like a month. our cars have chips in it, it doesn't know whats goin on when you do **** to it, so it says somethings wrong.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:57 PM
TimeAttkZ

Your problems are not necc. shared with the rest of us Z owners.. dont forget that. Though you may be having some annoying problems .. it could just be your car. I think this is why your getting some negative feedback for the members.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:59 PM
LvntheZ

that fool is retarded.... go back to the mustang you came from..... the z is a nice car and has some things to it... fragile? maybe. but well built.... not like the damn domestics.... nothing to them just ****ty metal.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:54 PM
FALLEN1z

Originally Posted by lvnthez
that fool is retarded.... go back to the mustang you came from..... the z is a nice car and has some things to it... fragile? maybe. but well built.... not like the damn domestics.... nothing to them just ****ty metal.
your a ****in tool. all i said was that my mustang never threw codes as a result of mods. ur the one who has to be a jackass and make uncalled for comments. yes the jwt is installed correctly, and no there are no foulers for the test pipes but like i said in post number one, the codes that it throws are not related to the mods, it just seems to always do it when a new mod is intalled. there's been no code thrown relating to emissions altho i have test pipes. instead it threw a multiple cylinder misfire code. there's no need to be such a ****in ****** for no reason. i 've already stated that i dont regret selling my stang for the z, but whether it's just my z or everyone's z, it still sucks that it keeps throwing codes. so shut the **** up and stop talking
Old 04-14-2007, 08:03 PM
jdifolco

this thread is ghey
Old 04-14-2007, 08:47 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd never run testpipes on a N/A setup on the street. Just seems pointless. With F/I I can somewhat understand running testpipes....

anyways.

my 03 has never had a check engine light come on. Do what someone else said, put the stock airbox back in and see if the light goes off, if it does then try the popcharger again, if not, then take it to the dealer. Just keep in mind if the wrong person finds out you're running test pipes it can be a very very hefty fine.

Quick Reply: i hate my 350z...