2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

i hate my 350z...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 08:50 PM
MERK350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello

Originally Posted by FALLEN1z
alright i'll start by saying that i just installed my popcharger today and i am in love with how it changed the sound of the car. im happy with everything about it except.........

now the check engine light is on and this bugs me because the jwt is supposed to be one of the safest intakes to use. it's not even a cold air, it's a filter and a heat shield.

is it just me or does it seem like this car is so ****in fragile you cant do anything to it without it throwing some code or running like ****? i dont even wanna know what it's like going f/i with a z because i cant even add ****in test pipes and an intake without throwing a code all the time. i've had the car for 2 months and i've had a check engine light about once a week. the car's an 03 so test pipes shouldnt usually throw a code but the funny thing is that the codes the car throws are never codes that you'd expect. for example. if i add test pipes i would expect maybe a emissions code or an 02 censor code, but no, i get multiple cylinder misfires. i put on this intake and i dont know what the code is yet but y the **** cant i do anything to this car, no matter how light of a mod it is without the car deciding to run like **** (the car actually seems to be running strong, but the codes that it keeps throwing shows otherwise).

arent imports supposed to be the reliable cars? i could do whatever the **** i wanted to my mustang and it would do nothing but run stronger. no codes, no hassles, nothing ever wrong with mods to the car. the only thing that car gave me problems with was stupid stuff that was not mod related. i feel like i cant even drive the damn car without braking something. how am i supposed to autox this thing and drive it aggresively if i cant even put a ****in air filter on it without the computer saying there's something wrong?????
well from what i remember when in installed my injen cold air the engine light came on for about 100 miles then went off i think the car see that you have more air comeing into the system and it think something is wrong and then the car begins to recalibrate itself light went off and that was it i even had nissan dealer check the code it was nothing.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:58 PM
TheProfessional

I didn't read any of the other ****, but to the OP... GO BUY A HONDA!
Old 04-14-2007, 09:10 PM
davids
F U StuLax18

The only possibility is the MAF. If it isn't then your not telling us the whole story.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:20 PM
black06z

I installed the JWT on my 04 hardtop just a few hours ago, and no CEL. Took it for a testdrive, and it only brings noise up front. Hardly any noticeable gains. 5-9whp is practically nothing on this beast. $120=louder
Old 04-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Scarab440

IT sound like there is a problem with your specific setup. when you get the actual codes post them. maybe we can help. The thing about the codes is a code can just be a symptom of the problem and not what is actually failing. Like when you get a code for an evaporitve leak the most likly cause is the gas cap being loose.

a little research turn this up.

<snip>
A random misfire problem (code P0300) means the misfire is jumping around from cylinder to cylinder and that multiple cylinders are experiencing a misfire problem. This is usually due to a lean fuel condition, which, in turn, is being caused by a vacuum leak, an air leak in the intake manifold, dirty injectors, low fuel pressure or an EGR valve that's stuck open and leaking exhaust into the intake manifold.
</snip>

So atleast the misfire can be intake related

Also good info on how to properly reset the Z's ECU in case you haven't seen it. http://www.technosquareinc.com/350reset.htm

BTW .. How is the Idle? what RPM?

I use the Auto Enginuity ODB-2 scanner (got it long bfore the Z) its worth its weight in gold.

I can see your frusterated but the reason your getting $h!t is because your post is inflammatory.

either way I would get some antifowlers for those pipes, no matter if you needed them in the mustang or not. was your mustang a pre ODB-2 car? They seem like cheap insurance.

also it might not hurt to try to Clean the MAF.

Last edited by Scarab440; 04-14-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Abishop

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in all honesty, my 350z is pissing me off too....
Old 04-15-2007, 04:25 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by PWSHHOCKEY44
sell it to someone with patience who will appreciate it and go back to domestics
but true

plus if a CEL came on after the install, i would take a guess that it was not properly installed or something was not reconnected.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:38 AM
azula

+1 on the sell it option
Old 04-15-2007, 07:32 AM
merlin3

I'm running a greddy tt kit with no check engine light, that sucks.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Agentman03

Installed a Wolfs Tech PopCharger and No Problems .. what kind did You Install ?
Old 04-15-2007, 09:18 AM
FALLEN1z

Originally Posted by Scarab440
IT sound like there is a problem with your specific setup. when you get the actual codes post them. maybe we can help. The thing about the codes is a code can just be a symptom of the problem and not what is actually failing. Like when you get a code for an evaporitve leak the most likly cause is the gas cap being loose.

a little research turn this up.

<snip>
A random misfire problem (code P0300) means the misfire is jumping around from cylinder to cylinder and that multiple cylinders are experiencing a misfire problem. This is usually due to a lean fuel condition, which, in turn, is being caused by a vacuum leak, an air leak in the intake manifold, dirty injectors, low fuel pressure or an EGR valve that's stuck open and leaking exhaust into the intake manifold.
</snip>

So atleast the misfire can be intake related

Also good info on how to properly reset the Z's ECU in case you haven't seen it. http://www.technosquareinc.com/350reset.htm

BTW .. How is the Idle? what RPM?

I use the Auto Enginuity ODB-2 scanner (got it long bfore the Z) its worth its weight in gold.

I can see your frusterated but the reason your getting $h!t is because your post is inflammatory.

either way I would get some antifowlers for those pipes, no matter if you needed them in the mustang or not. was your mustang a pre ODB-2 car? They seem like cheap insurance.

also it might not hurt to try to Clean the MAF.

thanks for finally some helpful feedback other than "sell the car" "this guys' retarded" "go back to domestics". i really dont know y most of these guys are being such jackasses about this. i dont literally hate my z, i love z's but mine was just bugging me.

the multiple cylinder misfire was fixed the first time and had nothing to do with the test pipes because i removed the test pipes to bring it into the dealer to get looked at. the problem was dirty injectors, and a bad MAF. the MAF was replaced and the injectors, and throttle body were cleaned. the idle has been, and is still a little rough and around 700rpm. i know the mechanic who looked at the car at the dealer and he said it had nothing to do with the test pipes, but it just seemed weird that the light came on a few days after the tp install. all sensors were reconected and everything was done the way it's supposed to. all vacuum lines were checked and all are good. i reset the ECU last night before i went to bed to see if it will come back on with the JWT, and it's not like the JWT is a hard install. i followed all instructions that came with the intake as well as advise that others on here and other forums suggested.

i sold the mustang because i realized they're only good in a striahgt line and american cars are for the most part inferior to the japanese and european sports cars so those of you telling me to go back to domestics need to learn how to read because i never said in any post that my mustang was better than an import, i simply stated that i could do anything i wanted to it and never throw a code. i also stated that i dont regret selling my mustang for the z. this seems to be a reoccuring thing with several threads that i've seen. the thread starter clarifies something multiple times and people seem to attack them with comments that were already clarified in previous posts. there's no reason to be an ******* here. im sure ud be frusterated to if u kept throwing codes. im sorry if i upsetted some people on here by naming the thread "i hate my 350z" im not bashing the car, i was just incredibly frusterated. i've also seen many others post little rants on here and no one seemed to attack them so i dont get it. whatever take this thread however you want because im sick of restating things over and over

for those of you who are being helpful, thank you. for those of you who arent, please just leave

oh and for one of the questions in the posted i quoted, the mustang was an 0bdII car, it was a 2000
Old 04-15-2007, 10:34 AM
kayfuNk
Banned

there's no reason for u to get ****ty with me. i've been plenty patient with the car. it's been at the dealer 3 times since i've owned it for non-mod related problems also. i love the car when it runs right but it's got something wrong with it way more often than it's right. i love z's. mine's just pissing me off right now. i dont regret trading my mustang for the z, i just dont understand how a car can be so fragile that nothing can be done to it without something going wrong, especially when the only mods done to it are ones that are supposed to gain power by makeing the engine run more efficiently.

Lemon law, get a new Z.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:24 PM
TurboTrey

Maybe imports run so much better because the car is fragile. My Camaro wouldn't throw codes ever and then something would just quit working and it would run like crap and wait a week to tell me.

Be thankful that your car is telling you something is wrong.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:27 PM
FALLEN1z

Originally Posted by TurboTrey
Maybe imports run so much better because the car is fragile. My Camaro wouldn't throw codes ever and then something would just quit working and it would run like crap and wait a week to tell me.

Be thankful that your car is telling you something is wrong.
that is true, i just was hoping the z would be a fun to drive car that doenst give me many problems. i know any car especially one that's evenly lightelyl modified there will be problems from time to time. i just dont want it to be an every other week type of thing.

oh and an update, i reset the ecu and so far after about 20 miles of driving there are no codes, so im hoping that will continue
Old 04-15-2007, 02:54 PM
cwerdna

that is true, i just was hoping the z would be a fun to drive car that doenst give me many problems. i know any car especially one that's evenly lightelyl modified there will be problems from time to time. i just dont want it to be an every other week type of thing.

oh and an update, i reset the ecu and so far after about 20 miles of driving there are no codes, so im hoping that will continue
My Z hasn't been bulletproof (had axle clicks, both power window motors and regulators failed, rattles, buzzes and the infamous feathering problem) but I can't think of a single instance of me ever having a CEL so far at 33K miles after >3.5 years. I suggest you quit screwing around w/modding w/ANYTHING that has to do w/the intake, exhaust and engine. I suspect you wouldn't have ANY of these problems if you didn't mess w/this.

You'd also be wise to get an OBD-2 code reader if you don't already have one AND the official Z service maunal, paying particular attention to the DTC troublshooting section (section EC: Engine Control System in my manual).

Have you actually dynoed your car before any mods and after to see what gains you're getting?

Last edited by cwerdna; 04-15-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Fluid1

Wow, what a post. Best of luck with the other simple mods.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Default Seriously...

Originally Posted by Fluid1
Wow, what a post. Best of luck with the other simple mods.
I tried to install my NISMO stickers and the wind blew them into the sewer. Now every time I log onto my PC I throw a run time error code. Forget this…I am getting an iMac.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Default I have...

no idea what I just posted. I had no sleep last nite and might be on drugs lol j/k. Seriously sorry your Z is giving you issues. Best of luck.

Last edited by Risky_Business; 04-15-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

alright i'll start by saying that i just installed my popcharger today and i am in love with how it changed the sound of the car. im happy with everything about it except.........

now the check engine light is on and this bugs me because the jwt is supposed to be one of the safest intakes to use. it's not even a cold air, it's a filter and a heat shield.

is it just me or does it seem like this car is so ****in fragile you cant do anything to it without it throwing some code or running like ****? i dont even wanna know what it's like going f/i with a z because i cant even add ****in test pipes and an intake without throwing a code all the time. i've had the car for 2 months and i've had a check engine light about once a week. the car's an 03 so test pipes shouldnt usually throw a code but the funny thing is that the codes the car throws are never codes that you'd expect. for example. if i add test pipes i would expect maybe a emissions code or an 02 censor code, but no, i get multiple cylinder misfires. i put on this intake and i dont know what the code is yet but y the **** cant i do anything to this car, no matter how light of a mod it is without the car deciding to run like **** (the car actually seems to be running strong, but the codes that it keeps throwing shows otherwise).

arent imports supposed to be the reliable cars? i could do whatever the **** i wanted to my mustang and it would do nothing but run stronger. no codes, no hassles, nothing ever wrong with mods to the car. the only thing that car gave me problems with was stupid stuff that was not mod related. i feel like i cant even drive the damn car without braking something. how am i supposed to autox this thing and drive it aggresively if i cant even put a ****in air filter on it without the computer saying there's something wrong?????
Have to checked the install to make sure something is not done incorrectly? If you had no CEL before the install and you had it immediately proceeding the install, I'd bet dollars to donuts that the problem lies with the install..

The last thing I'd say about a Z is that its fragile. I've modded every single aspect of my car...it's not had to go to the dealer...ever, in its 40K + mile life (since 2003)

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 04-15-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lilaznxboi08
the check engine light doesn't mean ****, when i put in my nismo cold air intake, the light came on, then just went away after like a month. our cars have chips in it, it doesn't know whats goin on when you do **** to it, so it says somethings wrong.
wow.....just wow

you should probably not be answering tech questions

Quick Reply: i hate my 350z...