Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

VIN info

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 11:09 PM
infinite z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIN info

I know it's been tossed out there by a few of you that VIN's are already available or will be by August 1st, but I just received some information from my dealer contrary to that. I really trust this guy, he's always kept in touch and called me with any new info he gets.

He just called me to reconfirm my deliver date of Sept. 30, +/- 10 days, and told me that VIN's are sent to the dealerships when the transport ships are a day away from port. He said as soon as he gets it, he'll give me a call. So if it takes a couple weeks for the cars to get from the delivery port to the dealership, then we won't be getting VIN's until a few weeks ahead of delivery, instead of a month or two. Take this for what you want, and if someone already has their VIN, feel free to tell me my dealer is wrong.

Oh, yeah he's emailing me my order sheet from the Nissan computer with my order number on it. I'll post it when I get it.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:36 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

The Vin# isn't transmitted to NNA until the car is on the ship. It could take a couple of weeks between NJP & NNA to get the info processed and to the dealer (just about the time the ship arrives in L.A.)

As for your dealer give you a Sept. 30 +/- date is purely an guess. There is nothing available from NNA that could give him this kind of date. Mine's due in Sept. along with most others but when is anybody's guess until the ship is on the water.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:50 PM
Alang

No, its not a guess. I don't know if it accurate, but I also got the same Sept 30 +/- 10 days directly from NNA. NAA is probably where zwinsor's dealer got his info. Also, my dealer looked at his Spt inventory sheet and does see a Z with my exact color and options. There is nothing linking me to that particular Z yet, but I am the only one with that combo.

So there is some info out there to make an eduacted guess as to when the car is going to show up.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:51 PM
raceboy
Banned

Since no one even has a VIN yet, my guess is that the car is still a long way off. Maybe even mid Sept before we see the first cars. RxO, ZISME; care to comment?
Old 07-27-2002, 01:50 AM
Jim Reichard

Hasn't it been discussed quite a bit that most locations get cars about one month after getting the VIN.

If we don't see VIN's in the next few days I wouldn't think anyone but the west coast would see any August cars.
Old 07-27-2002, 05:22 AM
InternetABYSS

Just a FYI......

Gooodnews
I was told to call my source the first week of august to get my VIN she said i should have it by end of july if not to call her. she said she gets that info once the car gets on the boat.

Badnews
After all those people called the regional office and pissed off everyone...My source at the regional office dont wanna talk to me anymore since I was the one that told people who to call to get their tracking numbers and she could lose her job if she tells me anything more ...She told to to keep intouch with the dealer.....DAMN...oh well
Old 07-27-2002, 05:26 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
Just a FYI......

Gooodnews
I was told to call my source the first week of august to get my VIN she said i should have it by end of july if not to call her. she said she gets that info once the car gets on the boat.

Badnews
After all those people called the regional office and pissed off everyone...My source at the regional office dont wanna talk to me anymore since I was the one that told people who to call to get their tracking numbers and she could lose her job if she tells me anything more ...She told to to keep intouch with the dealer.....DAMN...oh well
Maybe you should have waited until the first week of August to contact her, like she told you too. Maybe it wasn't everyone calling that has made her go hush-hush...maybe it was just one person
Old 07-27-2002, 07:30 AM
droideka

Cool

MY dealer called today (WITHOUT me calling him) and said to look for MY car the beginning of Sept, maybe even sooner. I said that I was NOT going to hold him to that and that I was expecting an END of September delivery instead. He says that they (the dealer) have had discussions with the transport company (car carriers, not the ships) and that they were being told to ramp up and get ready to deliver some cars, SOON. He also states that I should be hearing from him shortly with my VIN.

Now this goes against EVERYTHING that Zisme has told us, but what if, and this is a BIG "what if"... what if NNA is releasing selective mis-information to keep us at bay and out of their business, and that cars are really on the way RIGHT now?
Old 07-27-2002, 07:44 AM
wxtornado

Originally posted by droidekaus
Now this goes against EVERYTHING that Zisme has told us, but what if, and this is a BIG "what if"... what if NNA is releasing selective mis-information to keep us at bay and out of their business, and that cars are really on the way RIGHT now?
Oooooh, I like your thinking! What if the "big surprise" we're all getting actually hasn't arrived yet?
Old 07-27-2002, 07:44 AM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
Just a FYI......

Gooodnews

Badnews
This makes sense. There is supposedly a Nissan meating on Aug 1st in San Diego about the Z roll out and the Murano. Much more info is supposed to be available after this meeting.

Last edited by raceboy; 07-27-2002 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-27-2002, 07:51 AM
droideka

Originally posted by raceboy
Much more info is supposed to be available after this meating.
LOL! Are you saying that instead of screwing us the dealers are going to screw each other?